Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 421602 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #255 on: May 02, 2010, 09:13:26 am »

[PRODUCT:100:1:ITEM_WEAPOM:NONE:ITEM_WEAPON_HAMMER_WAR:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:STONE_MAT]
I believe you can (and probably need to) drop the STONE_MAT. Note that it isn't possible to add reactions to the craftsdwarf workshop.

I think it might be possible to create stone hammers by adding [CAN_STONE] to the hammer entries, though.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Devast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 02, 2010, 09:34:07 am »

Is it possible to add medical skills to the custom workshop so that my doctors can increase their skills (sort of like how a pump makes dwarves stronger)?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 02, 2010, 09:43:27 am »

I think it might be possible to create stone hammers by adding [CAN_STONE] to the hammer entries, though.

From what I have found, the [CAN_STONE] will cause it to be made from obsidian, while having a custom reaction will result in a common stone version.

Thanks a lot for the help!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 02, 2010, 09:53:16 am »

[PRODUCT:100:1:ITEM_WEAPOM:NONE:ITEM_WEAPON_HAMMER_WAR:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:STONE_MAT]
I believe you can (and probably need to) drop the STONE_MAT. Note that it isn't possible to add reactions to the craftsdwarf workshop.

At first, you cannot add this to craftsdwarf workshop. You should use your custom one.

Then, you can make weapons CAN_STONE, it's the easiest way to do so.

And at last, it should be:
Code: [Select]
[PRODUCT:100:1:ITEM_WEAPON:NONE:ITEM_WEAPON_HAMMER_WAR:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 02, 2010, 09:56:31 am »

Thanks a lot!
Great, so now I need to spend a few hours playing around with workshops...Ah well, a new lesson every day. Turns out I was close with the hammer making though!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 02, 2010, 10:02:52 am »

Is it possible to add medical skills to the custom workshop so that my doctors can increase their skills (sort of like how a pump makes dwarves stronger)?

I believe somebody did this actually a couple days after release of .31.01 but I can't find the thread, and am at a loss for what the search terms would be.  It should be possible by making the workshop have a number of reactions that don't produce a product and having it use DRESS_WOUNDS SET_BONE or SUTURE and such as the skills needed, just have a diffrent reaction for each skill.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 02, 2010, 12:10:59 pm »

I believe somebody did this actually a couple days after release of .31.01 but I can't find the thread, and am at a loss for what the search terms would be.  It should be possible by making the workshop have a number of reactions that don't produce a product and having it use DRESS_WOUNDS SET_BONE or SUTURE and such as the skills needed, just have a diffrent reaction for each skill.

Yeah I've made immediately :). I felt like I needed good doctors.

1) Genesis Mod has Anatomical Theater which trains medical skills.
2) Stand-alone version: ✖ Dwarven ❤ Healthcare ✖ [ϟ MINIMOD ϟ].
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #262 on: May 02, 2010, 01:38:28 pm »

@MaxWhite - So I don't mean to come off rude... but my guide I think it is post 10?, lists every skill that you can train your dwarf in. with the exception to military skills.

The reason I've put so much time into that guide is so people wouldn't have to post questions when it came to reactions...
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 03, 2010, 04:16:46 am »

Realy?
Well then I regret discarding your wisdom, and shall refer to your thread a lot more. Although you have now opened a can of worms (Reference intended) and there is nothing you can do to stop me from flooding your guide with bizarre ideas I come up with.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #264 on: May 03, 2010, 04:19:49 am »

Honestly Max, that's why I made it, I grow tired of seeing extremely simple modding questions and I thought a guide would help everyone. I add things near on a daily basis to it, the latest addition being the huge product list.

I encourage the asking modding questions on my guide, that way they could all be in one place and everyone could find them...

but yet it seems to still fly under the radar...

It's late, I'm sleepy, I've had a crappy week, so I'm a little irritable and ready to kill people.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 03, 2010, 04:45:54 am »

Hey Shaostoul, its look like you're a bit sad that noone cares to use your guide, but I say: do not feel depressed! I used the skills' section all the time and I am very grateful for that, you helped me with Genesis mod this way. Ah screw it, I will go ahead and add you to the credits of my mod right now with the link to your guide :P.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 03, 2010, 05:10:43 am »

Hey, I was looking at the raws, and noticed something. For the Dragon entry, there's this little thing that says that all materials from said creature are valuable. I also saw another entry that said that the material ignites at so and so temp. Can this apply to say, the quality of the leather produced?
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 03, 2010, 05:33:07 am »

Why yes it does!
If you equip your dwarf with dragon leather armor (Imp leather too, but less effective) then you will give them a greater chance of surviving a fire. You will also notice that toady had to specify the melting point for blood and pus, because he wanted them to be liquids.

Therefor, dragon leather is fire proof and valuable, and this can be done for any creature.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 03, 2010, 05:36:05 am »

awesome, thanks!

I'm making tarasques with bronze-strength skin and leather! :D
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 03, 2010, 08:04:39 am »

So I figure this is the closest we have to a modders general discussion, and it is sort of fitting here.

If you will read through the development log then under maps and sites you will notice toady plans to remove good and evil in place for more specific biomes.

Does this mean he will instead have things like 'undead' zones, 'fire' zones full of burning creatures like fire snakes and all sorts of other settings for overlay biomes.
And if so, any chance they will be in raw format, therefor allowing us to mod in our own biomes?

Just optimistically looking into the future...
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 357