Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 421700 times)

Wavecutter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #90 on: April 15, 2010, 11:23:31 pm »

Thanks for this thread. If you'd like to see what I'm hatching:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

is there some sort of repository of creature modifiers and such?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 02:00:27 pm by Wavecutter »
We farm and kill mermaid children. Its too late to worry about political correctness.

Lagotrope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 15, 2010, 11:37:18 pm »

Well I feel proud!
I managed to crash the game during world gen, I think it has something to do with a new entity I was trying to test. Here is code if anybody out there knows something I don't, but I guess I shall play around with it. Might figure out why things went wrong.

Well, I copied and pasted it, and I didn't get a crash during worldgen. I did get a couple error messages:

TIGER_PEOPLE:Unrecognized Entity Token: liKES_SITE
Unrecognized Biome Token: TROPICAL_SALTWATER

The liKES_SITE though should just be in all capitals (I've noticed that sometimes the first 2 letters are in lowercase- I never knew why). As for what caused the crash during world gen, either I got lucky, or it's not your entity causing the crash. (It may be the tigerman race- since I don't have it, I changed the race to something else) You may want to check your errorlog.txt, sometimes it helps

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 15, 2010, 11:45:28 pm »

Great, I will need to go through and put everything in caps...Ah well, I shall get on that!

If you want to try using the race I am, in case that is the cause of the problem, heres the raws.

Intelligent Shade of Blue

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity Loss: 0/1d4 points
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 16, 2010, 12:07:41 am »

That first two lower case thing is actually a problem with this forum... It definitely should be caps in the raw.
[COLOR:PRUSSIAN_BLUE]
[NAME:ISoB]
[RGB:0:49:83]

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 16, 2010, 12:38:10 am »

It occurs to me that this is probably a better spot for this post, so here 'tis:

I've been working on reactions for a "vending machine" building, intended for 5-minute "adventuring gear depot" fortresses.  I've hit a snag, though.  I don't know how to make wearable clothing.  The best I get is "large <material> shirt" and the like.  It's large to both dwarves and humans, unlike previous versions which defaulted to size 7 (human-sized).

Has anyone figured out how to make appropriately sized clothing using reactions?

Lagotrope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 16, 2010, 12:52:12 am »

Great, I will need to go through and put everything in caps...Ah well, I shall get on that!

If you want to try using the race I am, in case that is the cause of the problem, heres the raws.

I believe I got your problem, you had [SELECT_CASTE:MALE] which first I don't even know if SELECT_CASTE is valid, normally it seems to be done as [CASTE:MALE], and same for female. Also it didn't select CASTE:ALL right after, so I think it was trying to do general creature stuff inside of the female caste.

It already had a male/female caste, so I put your specific names underneath where it established MALE/FEMALE, and the world genned fine for me. I didn't look for any tigermen in legends though, so you may try that. Here's the creature data I ended up with (I also changed the li to LI in likes fighting and ligaments:

Let me know if there's a problem with that one

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 16, 2010, 01:36:04 am »

I believe I got your problem, you had [SELECT_CASTE:MALE] which first I don't even know if SELECT_CASTE is valid, normally it seems to be done as [CASTE:MALE], and same for female. Also it didn't select CASTE:ALL right after, so I think it was trying to do general creature stuff inside of the female caste.

It already had a male/female caste, so I put your specific names underneath where it established MALE/FEMALE, and the world genned fine for me. I didn't look for any tigermen in legends though, so you may try that. Here's the creature data I ended up with (I also changed the li to LI in likes fighting and ligaments:

Let me know if there's a problem with that one

IT WORKS!
Awesome! How could I get the caste and select caste mixed up like that? Silly me! Thanks a lot, another step closer to success because of you!

masterstick

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 16, 2010, 02:05:29 am »

Dose any one know how to spawn creatures that are not vermin
this reaction works kinda but the game thinks the dog is vermin
(cats attack it, doesn't show up on animal screen and its not butcher-able)

[REACTION:CHEAT_027]
   [NAME:Make Dog]
   [BUILDING:CHEAT_BUTCHER:CUSTOM_D]
   [REAGENT:A:1:CAGE:NONE:NONE:NONE][EMPTY][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:PET:NONE:DOG:NONE] [PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:A]
   [SKILL:BUTCHER]

Lagotrope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 16, 2010, 02:08:41 am »

I'm afraid that non-vermin creatures are unpossible. If someone would prove me wrong, I would greatly enjoy it.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 16, 2010, 03:25:15 am »

My population of tiger men are doing well! They live in human housing right now, but only until I'm done with them, as I plan to move them into caves, its just that towns are easier to find for testing.

Just wondering, is there any way to make clothing specific to a caste? I want females to where upper body clothing but not males.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 16, 2010, 03:32:41 am »

The only way to make it is to remove the [UPPERBODY] token from the male upper body >.>.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 16, 2010, 03:36:16 am »

The only way to make it is to remove the [UPPERBODY] token from the male upper body >.>.

Leaving me to choose between men in bras, a topples colony, or modding in a new upper body with the same string name but using a differing tag so it LOOKS like they are the same body part, but as far as the computer knows they are nothing alike.

TOPPLES COLONY IT IS!

Fine, I'll start making a brand new torso...

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 16, 2010, 03:43:19 am »

Just make a different body which upper body doesn't have UPPERBODY tag and under MALE/FEMALE castes use different bodies..
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 16, 2010, 03:54:47 am »

Yes but then my males are missing an upper body, so instead I'll make another upper body that doesn't count as an upper body as far as clothing is concerned, but is identical to the normal upper body in other other way.

The end user won't be able to tell the difference.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 16, 2010, 06:20:02 am »

That's exactly what I said.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 357