Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 419587 times)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #975 on: October 25, 2010, 07:51:24 pm »

After a long period of testing, I've discovered that the flame template can't work.  It has no melting or boiling points, so everything is considered "solid".

I accounted for this. Anything specified in the creature entry overwrites the template.

I've heard of issues concerning arena mode's handling of temperature in the past, so you may want to try it out elsewhere, if you can.

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: October 25, 2010, 07:56:31 pm »

Hmmn.  Even with the temperatures specified, it's still considered solid.  Huh.

Well, now I'm getting "Dwarf 1 has melted!" messages, so I guess it's hot.  But solid.  It's weird.  I think they'll work in fortress mode, lol.

Now to work on the versions of the creature that can melt steel with their flames.  Yeah!

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: October 25, 2010, 08:30:00 pm »

1. If I make the playable civ have no "active" season, they won't send a caravan, correct?
2. To tack onto #1, if I set Dwarves to still be active in autumn, they'll arrive in autumn as usual - even if I'm not playing dwarves? Will they still try to do the normal routine - that is meet, set up imports/exports, etc.
3. Can I make it so elves and humans send liaisons too?
EDIT:
4. Is it possible to mod Obsidian to be used in armors/shields? Or would it require a way to turn it into a metal?
5. If so, how could one add a way to "smelt" Obsidian into a metal? Or is this just a lot of pointless work or some such? I just find the idea of obsidian armor and shields to be really awesome...
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 10:11:35 pm by krisslanza »

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: October 26, 2010, 01:40:27 am »

Okay.  I have been fighting with this for six hours now and I am exhausted and have university in the morning.

Please, someone look at these raws and tell me why the creatures refuse to show up, and why suddenly it's claiming SET_TL_GROUP and shit are unrecognizable creature tokens.  WTF.  Also, why the gronckle breath attack refuses to use the defined names for it like every other breath attack does and regales me with messages of "the spinning frozen unknown creature substance laced with unknown creature substance hits Dwarf 1!"

I am so tired of fighting with this.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3332

(And yes, the biome tags are at the bottom unbracketed for a reason.  I was trying to get the damn dragons to show up on embark.  No such luck.)

JoRo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: October 26, 2010, 02:37:11 am »

Removing the [SELECT_CASTE:x] bits made it stop complaining about the SET_TL_GROUP stuff; I guess it doesn't like those until after you're done defining castes?  Defining the colors inside the caste seems to work fine; gronckles were brown, nightmares were red, etc.  Too late for me to worry about the other bits though.

I don't know how it happened, but after I spawned them all to check their colors I let them duke it out and the Green Death was killed by being thrown against a wall by a Terrible Terror.+

EDIT: Tried to figure out the Gronckle oddness anyways; can't get the material breath to work right but I also notice that I keep kicking them and 'fracturing' or 'chipping' muscle and fat.  Same thing seems to happen with the others too.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 02:56:10 am by JoRo »
You have been struck down.
The giant cave spider spits out your head.

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: October 26, 2010, 10:10:24 am »

Hmmn, thanks.  I'll move those bits down.

Yeah, I noticed that.  In mine it was killed in like 30 seconds by a Terror latched onto its throat.  I have no idea why.

The muscle thing makes no sense either, I haven't touched their muscles.  Hmmn.

Edit: Still spamming the "Unrecognizable Creature Token" jazz after I moved it all down out of the castes.  What?  I don't fucking get this.  Nothing is wrong, why is it doing this?

Son of the Edit: HAHAHA figured out why it hated the gronckles!  I typoed the name of the CASTE tag, writing gronkle instead of gronckle.  No more Unrecognizable Creature Token errors! -does a dance-  Now to just fix those darned "frozen unknown creature substance" errors.  All of the other dragons have their breath attacks properly named, why not the gronckles?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 10:41:23 am by Clover Magic »

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: October 27, 2010, 09:46:49 pm »

1. If I make the playable civ have no "active" season, they won't send a caravan, correct?
2. To tack onto #1, if I set Dwarves to still be active in autumn, they'll arrive in autumn as usual - even if I'm not playing dwarves? Will they still try to do the normal routine - that is meet, set up imports/exports, etc.
3. Can I make it so elves and humans send liaisons too?
EDIT:
4. Is it possible to mod Obsidian to be used in armors/shields? Or would it require a way to turn it into a metal?
5. If so, how could one add a way to "smelt" Obsidian into a metal? Or is this just a lot of pointless work or some such? I just find the idea of obsidian armor and shields to be really awesome...

Here's an easier question.
7. What do the + and -'s mean by attributes? Is it how much that attribute is 'weighted' or something? Since I noticed in the elf raws they have ++ or something by Memory, Dorfs only have + I think and some -.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: October 27, 2010, 09:49:20 pm »

They have no functional purpose. They're there to give you a general idea of how much that attribute range is modified from the baseline.

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: October 27, 2010, 10:07:25 pm »

They have no functional purpose. They're there to give you a general idea of how much that attribute range is modified from the baseline.
I see, I see.
1000 was the "baseline" isn't it? I forget if the wiki has a scale to help you figure out when the numbers reach a new "threshold" on the attribute scale.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: October 27, 2010, 10:12:24 pm »

1000 is the base median, yes. I don't know about the scale. It'd be useful to have, if it exists, but I can't find it.

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: October 27, 2010, 10:14:01 pm »

1000 is the base median, yes. I don't know about the scale. It'd be useful to have, if it exists, but I can't find it.
Dang that kind of sucks. I know 5000 is the highest - since the raws or the wiki says so - but I'm not sure when you reach the new 'threshold' in the attributes. I guess one could tell through a LOT of trial and error.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: October 27, 2010, 10:16:04 pm »

You could always use Runesmith for your trial and error.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

ArgusXIII

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: October 28, 2010, 07:05:10 am »

I'm new to this modding business. I am currently screwing around with making humans playable and functional in the same sense that dwarves are from the ground up if only to get a hang of the process before diving into my own mad designs.

I've run into an amusing snag. The Crafts option is missing from the Preferences>Labor list. The various craft jobs are enabled as far as I can tell. I can embark with humans having them and able to use them. I just don't have the option to turn them on or off. The dwarves have it listed and working fine.

I'm probably missing something very small and very obvious that will cause me to kick myself in hindsight. So, any ideas what token I am obviously missing? Or is this a hardcoded thing that I can't change?

Edit: Nevermind. I found the problem. After a brief hunt through the Kobold Camp thread I saw they had a similar problem earlier. I was missing the [PERMITTED_JOB:STRAND_EXTRACTOR] tag in the human list. Apparently if you miss one job you lose the entire tree of related jobs/skills. Go figure. That's likely to be a problem for people wanting to mod up races who are unable to do certain things like not farm and just be gatherers or the like.

So to answer my own question, yes it is sort of hardcoded, and yes I shall be kicking myself for missing something that obvious.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 08:01:01 am by ArgusXIII »

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Plan for the Worst. Hope for the Best. Have Fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: October 31, 2010, 11:55:46 am »

I made up my own nobles and I am having a minor problem. I made an old style warrior caste as in a "Lord" or what have you like in feudal Europe. However, the dang liasons and diplomats try and talk to him and since he is training they just follow him around until they get angry and leave.

I took off the meet with diplomats and trade token, yet still they try to meet with him. This is what the raws look like;

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Is there anything I can do? or is it hard coded that the liason and diplomats try to speak with the leader only, regardless of who else is available. I have 2 other nobles with the RECEIVE_DIPLOMATS and TRADE tokens but the liasons refuse to speak with them.
One of the dwarfs walked in front of Thor to get a better view of the prye, and Thor kicked him irritably into the middle of the flames, which made Thor feel slightly better and made all the dwarfs feel much worse.

Cloth Armor Mod http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158967.msg7063531#msg7063531

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: October 31, 2010, 03:19:03 pm »

Stupid question, but did you generate a new world to test that? I'm pretty certain that about any entity change won't impact running games.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 357