Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 419736 times)

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #900 on: October 07, 2010, 09:18:44 pm »

Any way to change the sharpness for the [ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE]? I'm not getting the limb chopping off effect that I'm looking for.

*Edit* Besides modifying the [MAX_EDGE] in the material raw.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 09:20:57 pm by Smitehappy »
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: October 07, 2010, 09:36:09 pm »

Nope. Playing around with the contact/penetration/velocity values enough might help somewhat.

magistrate101

• Bay Watcher
  • That one kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: October 08, 2010, 01:13:15 am »

Question: How do i make a creatures blood boil when i embark?

Answer: (please fill this part in!)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: October 08, 2010, 06:02:45 pm »

Would a mod/utility that combines the combat reports into a single feed be possible?  This is really bugging me!
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: October 08, 2010, 07:24:30 pm »

Answer: Underneath [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BLOOD:BLOOD_TEMPLATE] add [MELTING_POINT:9995][BOILING_POINT:10000].
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: October 09, 2010, 02:41:06 am »

Answer: Underneath [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BLOOD:BLOOD_TEMPLATE] add [MELTING_POINT:9995][BOILING_POINT:10000].
Note that it won't boil unless it's spilled.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: October 09, 2010, 12:43:56 pm »

Note that it won't boil unless until it's spilled.
but when it is there will be much FUN
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Harry Blargle

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: October 09, 2010, 03:33:00 pm »

I've been trying to get less elves without getting rid of them completely but reducing the available space for them didn't work so I tried changing entity_default. According to the wiki MAX_POP_NUMBER and MAX_STARTING_CIV_NUMBER should control the total number of a species in a world but it doesn't appear to do anything. Just to check i changed MAX_SITE_POP_NUMBER to 5 but still no changes.

This is an example of world_sites_and_pops.txt:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Note the 200 forest retreats, that's the reason I tried to limit the amount of elves. It was already like that before I changed entity_default by the way.

So the question is, how can I limit the number of elves? (and why are there 200 forest retreats to begin with?)

Tigrath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: October 10, 2010, 02:49:11 pm »

Hi guys!

I've been trying to mod in a custom reaction using drinks as a reagent, but the reaction doesn't show up in the building and the errorlog isn't reporting a problem.  I have several similar reactions working, so there must be something wrong with the way I'm assigning the reagent.

[REACTION:ALCOHOL_TO_GRANITE]
[NAME:digest alcohol into granite blocks]
[BUILDING:KITCHEN:CUSTOM_A]
[REAGENT:A:1:DRINK:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BLOCKS:NO_SUBTYPE:STONE:GRANITE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[AUTOMATIC]
[SKILL:SMELT]

Yes, it's designed to get rid of booze automatically for an ant fortress TC and since I've made stone undiggable, this sort of reaction will be their primary source of building material.  I'm basing it off the ants in the book Armor by John Steakly, which brings up my other question.  These ants live on a world that gets very cold at night and this makes the ants very slow, clumsy, and dumb.  A few minutes of sunlight is enough to make them fast and deadly.

Is there any way to have cold temperatures slow down creatures?  Or have them slow down at night?  Or in winter or cold biomes?

idspispopd

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
A [FLIER] fortress and caravans
« Reply #909 on: October 11, 2010, 02:36:31 pm »

Heya all.

I've made a race that flies playable in fortress mode, where besides pathing issues, it works fine. However, once a caravan comes in, they don't seem to unload their cargo properly. Merchants will arrive on the depot, say they're unloading their cargo, but they'll have nothing to trade to me when going into that menu.

Looking at the pack animals that come along with them, all of the merchandise seem to still be there. When it comes time to leave, they stay at the depot forever. (Or until they die, I didn't play long enough to find out.)

Taking off the flier tag seems to solve the problem, but is there anything that will make the caravans work without turning off flier?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I'm running version 31.12.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 02:48:39 pm by idspispopd »

JAFANZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: October 11, 2010, 03:53:43 pm »

Hi guys!

I've been trying to mod in a custom reaction using drinks as a reagent, but the reaction doesn't show up in the building and the errorlog isn't reporting a problem.  I have several similar reactions working, so there must be something wrong with the way I'm assigning the reagent.
Yes, it's designed to get rid of booze automatically for an ant fortress TC and since I've made stone undiggable, this sort of reaction will be their primary source of building material.  I'm basing it off the ants in the book Armor by John Steakly, which brings up my other question.  These ants live on a world that gets very cold at night and this makes the ants very slow, clumsy, and dumb.  A few minutes of sunlight is enough to make them fast and deadly.

Is there any way to have cold temperatures slow down creatures?  Or have them slow down at night?  Or in winter or cold biomes?
A couple of pages ago someone told me that reactions using liquids in containers are bugged, since other people have successful reactions that output booze in barrels, I presume they meant reactions using liquid inputs are non-functional, which, if true, would be what is breaking your reaction.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: October 11, 2010, 05:36:24 pm »

Can somenoe help me with the codes to make Slugmen Lizardmen And Antmen be able to trade with you and be able to siege you if ticked off :)

Tigrath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: October 11, 2010, 06:56:18 pm »

A couple of pages ago someone told me that reactions using liquids in containers are bugged, since other people have successful reactions that output booze in barrels, I presume they meant reactions using liquid inputs are non-functional, which, if true, would be what is breaking your reaction.
[/quote]

Rats! These ants don't eat or drink and I was hoping to have something that made that stuff usefull for something.

Thanks!

Next question
I have a working reaction that converts food into steel.  Is there some way to limit this kind of reaction so that it only uses food of one level?  I'd like to have a different reaction for level 2 foods like soup and buiscuits, level 3 foods like stew and pie, and level 4 foods like steak and barbeque.

Spoiler: REACTION:FOOD_TO_STEEL (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 09:14:45 pm by Tigrath »

Dvalinn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: October 11, 2010, 11:04:51 pm »

I seem to have run into yet another unexpected limitation and wanted to confirm the problem is what I think it is. I am able to successfully create seeds using a reaction but I cannot plant the new seeds at the farm. I'm not 100% positive but I think the seeds can be planted if you happen to already have seeds of the same kind around - at least that's what seemed to happen after I acquired some prickle berries by Gathering Plants since the other berries I generated disappeared (though they could have been eaten, I guess).

Do seeds created by reactions not trigger something necessary for the farm interface to realize you've got those seeds in your stocks? (They DO show up in the stocks screen..)

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #914 on: October 14, 2010, 09:35:08 am »

Here's two questions on breeding.

First, the [LITTERSIZE] token was removed from the creature raws in DF2010, although it apparently still works if you put it in to your own creature.  Does anyone know what the default LITTERSIZE is now for creatures that don't have it defined (that is, all of them)?

Second, [MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE].  How rare does this make multiple births, and does anyone know the maximum number of offspring a creature with MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE can have at a time?
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 357