Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 419720 times)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #675 on: August 30, 2010, 09:59:30 am »

You can't weight the probability of an attack occuring, no, but attacks designated as SECOND will only be used if every other attack is disabled. Change the claw attack to MAIN (assuming it's set as SECOND right now) and it should work.

Guuo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: August 30, 2010, 12:18:42 pm »

It already is main. And so is the bite.

EDIT: Another question: Is it possible to change/set a fixed damage on an attack?

EDIT2: Apparently, the attack does not work at all, so I need to fix.... something.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 01:34:06 pm by Guuo »

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: August 30, 2010, 01:44:32 pm »

EDIT: Another question: Is it possible to change/set a fixed damage on an attack?

Nope. You might, however, be able to set impossibly high/low contact/penetration/velocity (I'm sure I got velocity modifiers for creature attacks working at one point, but I seem to have forgotten the tag, nor can I find it anywhere) values to get better results.

Alternatively, make the attacking part out of a different material.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: August 30, 2010, 01:50:23 pm »

(I'm sure I got velocity modifiers for creature attacks working at one point, but I seem to have forgotten the tag, nor can I find it anywhere)
That would be ATTACK_VELOCITY_MODIFIER . No vanilla creature uses it, I believe, but it works.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Guuo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: August 30, 2010, 04:15:47 pm »

The closest I have gotten to a working attack has been stabbing someone with my lower arms, to which the claws are attached to. If it helps, I can post the snippets from the body and creature raws containing the claws and the attack.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: August 30, 2010, 04:47:46 pm »

Posting the raws would certainly help. Best to post the whole creature though - sometimes problems may be due to other, related things rather than a direct error.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: August 30, 2010, 11:00:22 pm »

That way the gold is actually gold. It still won't be usable in items and such, but it's kinda possible with a few extra tags - though how you'd ever get more than a solid glob of it I don't know.

Melt it down in a smelter to form bars?
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Guuo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: August 31, 2010, 10:01:03 am »

The body:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The creature, which was scratched together based on the now-outdated wiki example entry of the arachnid character: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/40d:Modding_guide#Example_two:_.22Arachnid.22_playable_creature, this: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=55259.msg1284946#msg1284946, this: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/User:Deon#How_to and my own knowledge and imagination, might and probably does have flaws, as I still am a beginner. If you do find any flaws, please point them out and give me some advice on fixing it. Lots of copying and pasting has been done here.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: August 31, 2010, 10:15:56 am »

I feel like I already know the answer, but I'll ask anyways; it's impossible to mod the game so that Dwarves can fish in magma, right?
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: August 31, 2010, 10:28:16 am »

Yeah. I suspect you'd have trouble getting vermin fish to live in magma (I don't think magma is considered to be a breatheable liquid for aquatic creatures), and even then you won't be able to adjust the fish job to look in magma instead of water.

That said, I have a sneaking suspicion that someone posted reports back in 40d of a fisherdwarf complaining that there was "nothing to catch in the magma pipe". So, eh, I might be wrong.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: August 31, 2010, 01:19:38 pm »

I wonder if you can make fire snakes fishable? If so, copy those and make lava fish.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Guuo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: August 31, 2010, 01:24:11 pm »

Apparently, the claws need the :STP after the name. Why is that, and more importantly, what is that?

Anyhow, problem solved.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: August 31, 2010, 01:31:34 pm »

STP means that the game will use the standard notation for plural (that is, it'll just add an "s" to the end of the singular). It was an issue as your claws didn't have a plural form, only a singular, and the game decided to pass up parsing them instead of complaining.

Guuo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: August 31, 2010, 01:49:06 pm »

I can't believe I missed that, as the upper and lower bodies even had custom plurals as a hint.

silverskull39

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: September 04, 2010, 11:52:05 am »

Yeah. I suspect you'd have trouble getting vermin fish to live in magma (I don't think magma is considered to be a breatheable liquid for aquatic creatures), and even then you won't be able to adjust the fish job to look in magma instead of water.

That said, I have a sneaking suspicion that someone posted reports back in 40d of a fisherdwarf complaining that there was "nothing to catch in the magma pipe". So, eh, I might be wrong.

I believe that incident was because they designated it as a water source even though it wasn't one, if i remember correctly.

Anyway, I'm attempting an avatar:the last airbender mod, and I have a few questions. can you give a creature two breath attacks that they use interchangeably? And actually, how do breath attacks work in general? I'm going to try and use breath attacks to simulate "bending". Also, can you declare body temperature/make something impervious to fire at the caste level?
Dwarf fortress threads can sound so.... unethical
it would be unethical if this wasn't the bay12 forums
Bay12: A short, sturdy forum fond of !!science!! and derailment.
Now back to your regularly scheduled thread derailment.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 357