Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 419861 times)

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #570 on: July 30, 2010, 03:01:47 am »

I'm trying to come up with a big overhaul on crafting for a more simplified fortress mod. (Log's will be sawed into planks automatically at the saw mill, the planks will then have more uses based on how many planks you get from the logs.)
I'll be making all the default buildings completely useless even if the player tries, because they won't have the correct type of materials to use with the building.
It'll be interesting seeing what sort of limits I can break with this.

What I'm currently trying to do is to get tree's to drop a dummy item type that I've placed in inorganic_other.txt
all info I've found covering this seems to be pre-plant file merge..

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: July 30, 2010, 04:11:12 am »

Also, do you have to gen a new world if you want to see the changes made in the entity_default in-game?
It seems to depend on what you're changing.  I added permitted reactions to the entity files of a saved game and they showed up when I loaded my save, but they were reactions present in the raws when I genned the world, so I don't quite know how that works.

Also, can someone please check that for errors? I know there must be some. I know there isn't a title thing.
METAL should be INORGANIC, but it will take any bars that are inorganic.  This shouldn't be a problem unless you are producing bars of other materials with custom reactions.
WEAPONSMITHING should be FORGE_WEAPON.  Reactions use skill tokens rather than profession tokens.
Why are you using a 75% chance of creating the blade?  Why not just make it 100?
Thank you.
I was adding reactions to the entity, so I guess it'll work.
I'll make the changes to the reaction.
EDIT:
Also, any help on the Anvil?
EDIT EDIT:
I made the reaction work from the smelter. I made the iron bar, then told it to forge Serrated Blade. The reaction worked good, except it made it out of 'rock' instead of iron.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 04:24:37 am by NewsMuffin »

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #572 on: July 30, 2010, 09:20:53 am »

EDIT:
Also, any help on the Anvil?

I -think- an iron anvil would be [PRODUCT:100:1:ANVIL:NONE:INORGANIC:IRON] or however it goes.

EDIT EDIT:
I made the reaction work from the smelter. I made the iron bar, then told it to forge Serrated Blade. The reaction worked good, except it made it out of 'rock' instead of iron.
I think this is because of the INORGANIC in the product token.  GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT takes up both material type and subtype.
Also known as Zuhayr.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: July 30, 2010, 11:57:11 am »

Here's what I use to cast anvils at the smelter:

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:CAST_IRON_ANVIL]
[NAME:cast iron anvil]
[BUILDING:SMELTER:none]
[REAGENT:A:450:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:IRON]
[PRODUCT:100:1:ANVIL:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:IRON]
[FUEL]
[SKILL:SMELT]

Works just fine.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: July 30, 2010, 03:56:42 pm »

Thank you both for your help.
When I tried my own anvil reaction, the game crashed, so thank you very much for your help.

ChickenLips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: July 31, 2010, 05:26:14 pm »

Thanks, Lofn.  I'm going to try to figure out more of it today.  Do I need to define resin as a substance in the plant raws for the appropriate plants?  I imagine this would, for example, require the addition of something like this to wood's entry?

[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:EXTRACT:PLANT_RESIN_TEMPLATE]
      [STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:frozen resin]
      [STATE_NAME_ADJ:LIQUID:resin]
      [STATE_NAME_ADJ:GAS:boiling resin]
      [EXTRACT_STORAGE:BARREL]
      [PREFIX:NONE]
   [EXTRACT_BARREL:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:EXTRACT]

(I now think I understand why you did it as a glob -- to get around the whole container/reaction problem, right?)

I'd go through it in more detail but I'm in a little bit of a hurry so I'll just address a couple of lines.

[HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:RESIN_MAT] -- ??
This makes sure the reaction only takes an item made of a material with the MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT called RESIN_MAT...
[MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:RESIN_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:RESIN]  <---- need to figure what should go in this last "RESIN" spot
...which is defined here.  RESIN is the name of the material as defined inside the plant raws; ie. USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:RESIN:RESIN_TEMPLATE or whatever.  RESIN_MAT is whatever you want to refer to in your HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT token, you can call it whatever you like.
Do not meddle in the affairs of chickens, for you are crunchy and taste like a good seedgrain.

(You are not a seedgrain?  Of course, you and I know that very well.  But does the chicken know it?)

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: July 31, 2010, 08:20:13 pm »

Hey guys.
I need a reaction reagant and product that take any log and make blocks out of that log. I tried it myself, but failed epically.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #577 on: July 31, 2010, 09:43:33 pm »

Hey guys.
I need a reaction reagant and product that take any log and make blocks out of that log. I tried it myself, but failed epically.
Code: [Select]
[REAGENT:log:1:WOOD:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BLOCKS:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:log:NONE]
I wrote this from memory, so it may be wrong.  Should work fine though.

Thanks, Lofn.  I'm going to try to figure out more of it today.  Do I need to define resin as a substance in the plant raws for the appropriate plants?  I imagine this would, for example, require the addition of something like this to wood's entry?
Yeah, the resin material needs to be defined within the entry of anything you want it to be extracted from.  That's why I made it inorganic in WF - wood doesn't use a tissue template, so you will need to either add the material manually to every wood entry.  This will also mean that you'll end up getting generic resin from wood that doesn't have the material defined.  Also, since you're using a reaction to produce the material, you don't really need [EXTRACT_STORAGE:BARREL or [EXTRACT_BARREL:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:EXTRACT].

(I now think I understand why you did it as a glob -- to get around the whole container/reaction problem, right?)
Yes, and then I went right ahead and produced it to a container anyway because sometimes my brain leaks out of my ears and I sit in a corner making farting noises with my lips for a while.

EDIT:forgot a token at the end of the wooden block product line.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 10:36:22 pm by Lofn »
Also known as Zuhayr.

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: August 01, 2010, 12:23:09 pm »

Hey all. I've been working on creating a workshop that takes seeds and spits out mushrooms, as a replacement for the current underground farming situation.

The reaction I've been trying is

The product works fine, but the reagent is obviously busted. Any ideas what the appropriate format is? Seems most reactions guides are geared more towards the product side of things (CHEATS!)

ChickenLips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: August 01, 2010, 05:05:49 pm »

Yeah, the resin material needs to be defined within the entry of anything you want it to be extracted from.  That's why I made it inorganic in WF - wood doesn't use a tissue template, so you will need to either add the material manually to every wood entry.  This will also mean that you'll end up getting generic resin from wood that doesn't have the material defined.  Also, since you're using a reaction to produce the material, you don't really need [EXTRACT_STORAGE:BARREL or [EXTRACT_BARREL:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:EXTRACT].

Yeah, that definitely sounds like a mess -- I was thinking you could just define it once in the wood material template and that would do it, but every tree?  Ugh.

So, if you make it inorganic, you completely avoid that problem?

As far as I'm concerned, generic "resin" is quite acceptable -- "birch resin," "cottonwood resin" and so forth are pretty much gratuitous and don't add much.

Yes, and then I went right ahead and produced it to a container anyway because sometimes my brain leaks out of my ears and I sit in a corner making farting noises with my lips for a while.

:D  Extraction to container removed.

So all that said, what would be the best overall route to make for lacquered wood products?  Something like this?:

Step 1) (Either Lacquerer's Workshop or another "Resiner's Workshop" or something with a better name): Your route of wood -> inorganic glob generic resin (if I understand correctly)
Step 2) Lacquerer's Workshop: Resin -> processed into inorganic glob lacquer (hell, or even blocks -- not realistic, but neat and manageable until container contents become reactionable -- possibly also resin)
Step 3) Lacquerer's Workshop: wood + lacquer -> inorganic "metal" lacquerwood bars a la the ironwood method Deon uses in Genesis (which neatly avoids the lack of reactions to make real wooden weapons, if I understand correctly)

For Morrowindic bonemold, Step 2 will be skippable, and the planned reaction will be bones + resin -> bars of inorganic "metal" bonemold.

Do these sound like a good overall approach?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 05:10:20 pm by ChickenLips »
Do not meddle in the affairs of chickens, for you are crunchy and taste like a good seedgrain.

(You are not a seedgrain?  Of course, you and I know that very well.  But does the chicken know it?)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: August 01, 2010, 05:36:25 pm »

Lancensis, plump helmets have different types of materials assigned to them. You need the SEED one, so it's

[REAGENT:A:1:SEEDS:NONE:PLANT_MAT:MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP:SEED]
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: August 02, 2010, 10:08:09 pm »

I'm trying to come up with a big overhaul on crafting for a more simplified fortress mod. (Log's will be sawed into planks automatically at the saw mill, the planks will then have more uses based on how many planks you get from the logs.)
I'll be making all the default buildings completely useless even if the player tries, because they won't have the correct type of materials to use with the building.
It'll be interesting seeing what sort of limits I can break with this.

What I'm currently trying to do is to get tree's to drop a dummy item type that I've placed in inorganic_other.txt
all info I've found covering this seems to be pre-plant file merge..

I still need help getting trees to drop anything but wood, or atleast know if it is possible.
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

Ralp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://ralp.net/
« Reply #582 on: August 08, 2010, 05:04:37 pm »

Is it possible to use flour as a reagent?  My thought is no, since it has to be stored in a bag, so I would have to say something like [REAGENT:A:1:BOX][BAG][CONTAINS_FLOUR] which doesn't exist.  Please prove me wrong though.  Please

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: August 08, 2010, 07:29:23 pm »

i'm sorry but no, there's no way around it yet :(

Tokeli

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh wow, mew
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: August 09, 2010, 10:01:12 am »

Ergh, never have I spent four hours on a forum reading about modding a game. I thought this would be simple!

I'm trying to make a crematorium that runs on magma, and does a couple of things.

- take a dwarf's corpse and an urn and produce an urn with the dead dwarf's name on it containing his ash remains, which can be placed as a burial receptable.
- burn a dwarf's corpse or body parts to ash. Burning a dwarf would cause an unhappy thought in his friends.

Because I believe in jumping in headfirst instead of taking baby steps.

So far I've got a workshop, but don't know if it works. Normally I'd just test everything without asking for help, but regen'ing a new world for every test is just horrible. So can anyone point me towards help for the more obscure stuff for this?

Like, are dwarf corpses a "corpse" or "remains", and is it possible to make the workshop auto-burn a dwarf, and -only- a dwarf?
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 357