Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 332 333 [334] 335 336 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 422345 times)

albatross

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #4995 on: January 25, 2012, 07:13:18 am »

I need pointers.

1. I want the current month to be visible at all times in the upper right corner of the screen, usually where the idlers count is. How should one start to achieve this?
2. Also, I would like the month names to be presented in human language, not dwarven. Call me eccentric.

Here's what I've tried so far to gather information:
- Searched the forums, including this thread, with various words and word combinations like "calendar" or "october". Nothing relevant came up.
- Searched the game files, including the file contents for the same words. Found nothing relevant.
- Checked magmawiki article for Calendar. Found no useful information.

Just for the heck of it, I searched the files for hematite, which is one of the month names (June) and also the ore name, but I found only the file called inorganic_stone_mineral.txt...

What to try next?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4996 on: January 25, 2012, 07:39:07 am »

Stonesense will display the current time, date, and year, I think, but that's in a separate window.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4997 on: January 25, 2012, 08:31:05 am »

As far as I can tell, the calendar is entirely hardcoded, as is most of the display.  Within the raws and the init settings, I doubt there's much you can do about displaying the month at all times.  Obviously, you could just pull up either the stocks screen or the announcement screen to get the date, but that's not really what you're looking for.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #4998 on: January 25, 2012, 09:08:40 am »

Long-timer lurker, first-time modder

I liked some of the stuff in Masterwork but the framerate was coming in around 40 even with all the 'slow' stuff shut off, so I rooted around in the raws and pulled out a couple things I liked like the training workshops, library, and especially the sacrificial altars.  But rather than sacrificing items, I wanted the corpses of those foolish enough to attack my fortresses to become sacrifices to Armok.  So over the course of a couple of hours I concluded that "corpse" is apparently not an item in the raws even though we've all seen plenty of them in-game.  So instead my version of the Shrine of Armok takes
[REAGENT:A:1:CORPSE:NONE:NONE:NONE][UNROTTEN][USE_BODY_COMPONENT][DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
and potentially turns it into a selection from the item_weapon_mood file from Masterwork
Spoiler: Products (click to show/hide)
(I'm not sold on Steel but it's easy enough to change if I feel like it)

Unfortunately this seems to result in butcher detritus like hair and hooves being offered up, but the rate is low enough that I'm getting about one weapon per animal.  So I'll just think of it as the animal being sacrificed.  Luckily this configuration doesn't result in prepared food (or, in an earlier version, logs and barrels- pretty sure using :ORGANIC: was the problem) being sacrificed.

I tried it out by killing some random wild critters and it took their corpses wholesale, so I'm pretty sure it should work as intended, but I haven't put it through the real grinder by playing a game for a while to wait for a siege.  It would be really helpful if it's possible to use :INTELLIGENT: or [INTELLIGENT] or something like that in the reagent, just so that only invaders are sacrificed.  Or if captured creatures can be used in reactions; I understand vermin can but somehow I don't think Armor would be too impressed by a steady supply of cave spiders and rats.

Anyway, here's the rest of the files, and +1 to Zared for the Custom Workshop Workshop.

Spoiler: Reaction (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Building (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: entity_default (click to show/hide)
(and you'll need item_weapon_mood from Masterwork)
I think to use invaders you need the ETHIC for dwarves to ACCEPT making thropies from sapeint kills

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #4999 on: January 25, 2012, 09:14:39 am »

What to try next?

Nothing.  Changing either of those things would require alterations to the source code.  Which only Toady can do.  You can't make those changes through modding.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SERGALNORTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5000 on: January 26, 2012, 12:30:58 am »

Hello, How would i make a work shop simmiler to the glass smelter for example putting sand int obags as well as turning the sand in those bags into glass. i'm working on a rendering workshop that can turn animal hides into glue and allows you to mix glue and sand to make mudstone( as a stand in as i don't want to have to make sand bricks as well )

the workshops three basic functions are:

render hide
create mudstone (from sand and glue)
collect sand

the glue that render hide produces uses:

[ITEM_FOOD:ITEM_FOOD_GLUE]
[NAME:glue]
[LEVEL:2]
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 12:34:59 am by darklord92 »
Form walking potato man out of corpse. Absorb anyone else in the house.
We have a successful derail.
The Vilous Mod - Jingle berries!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5001 on: January 26, 2012, 12:44:19 am »

Not entirely sure what you're getting at there.

However, I could make a reaction that makes glue and sand into sand "bricks" for you.

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:MAKE_SAND_BRICKS]
[NAME:make sand bricks with glue]
[REAGENT:sand:1:POWDER_MISC:NONE:NONE][HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:SAND_MAT]
[REAGENT:sand container:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][CONTAINS:sand][PRESERVE_REAGENT][DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[REAGENT:glue:1:FOOD:ITEM_FOOD_GLUE:NONE:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BLOCKS:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:sand:SAND_MAT]

Note that you'll have to add [SAND_MAT] to all the sand in inorganic_stone_soil.txt, AND you would have to define some sort of "sand brick" INORGANIC separately.

I'm not sure if you'd be able to have the "collect sand" thing.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 12:56:20 am by Putnam »

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5002 on: January 26, 2012, 12:46:28 am »

I'm mostly looking for the reactions to collect sand but that would be helpful as well. :)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5003 on: January 26, 2012, 12:55:27 am »

Yeah, I don't think sand collection is possible with custom reactions, sorry.

Unless, of course, you like poofing sand out of thin air to put into bags.

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5004 on: January 26, 2012, 01:13:51 am »

now i'm curious how the glass furnace gets your dwarfs ot gether sand :/ there must be soem kind of reaction you can call... hmmm... that or you have ot build a glass furnace as a work around :/

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5005 on: January 26, 2012, 01:16:35 am »

now i'm curious how the glass furnace gets your dwarfs ot gether sand :/ there must be soem kind of reaction you can call... hmmm... that or you have ot build a glass furnace as a work around :/

It's one of the hardcoded reactions. There are a whole lot of them.

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5006 on: January 26, 2012, 02:24:05 am »

alright. got most of it in. decided to wing it and say the workshop is taking stones etc from the floor and glueing them together till you have enough for a wall. however the reaction that makes the glue is broken and crashes the game. i think it has ot do with how i'm identifying the leather as the worker does not even pick up the leather instead goes ot the workshop before the game crashes.

reaction_sergal

[OBJECT:REACTION]

[REACTION:SERGAL_MAKEGLUE]
   [NAME:make glue from hide]
   [BUILDING:SERGAL_GLUESHOP:NONE]
   [REAGENT:skin:1:SKIN_TANNED:NONE:NONE]
   [PRODUCT:90:1:ITEM_FOOD_GLUE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:REAGENT_ID:REACTION_PRODUCT_ID:][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
   [SKILL:ALCHEMY]   

[REACTION:SERGAL_MAKESTONE]
   [NAME:mix earth and glue]
   [BUILDING:SERGAL_GLUESHOP:NONE]
   [REAGENT:skin:1:ITEM_FOOD_GLUE:NONE]
   [PRODUCT:90:1:PUDDINGSTONE:NONE:][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
   [SKILL:ALCHEMY]   

Minnakht

• Bay Watcher
  • Green Eyed Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5007 on: January 26, 2012, 05:24:34 am »

I'd say, Look up the materiela properties of dough, and convert them to DF format.. If you are less ambitious, I believe the My Little Fortress mod has a dough material template defined.

Checked the mod. Dough there doesn't seem to have all those 'actual physical property' tags, what is bad. Looks like I'm doing this the hard way. Which is a problem, since I have no idea what values should I put there to simulate such a soft material.

Also, which file are the raws of glass in?
Giant badgers are cruel saddistic balls of fur and hate. Did anyone know they could paint a wall with a single dwarven baby?.... You know what, I made the Giant badgers sound like sane DF players.
A Kea has stolen a coke!

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5008 on: January 26, 2012, 08:36:36 am »

[REAGENT:liquid:1:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:"class name"]
[REAGENT:liquid container:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[CONTAINS:liquid]
[PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[REAGENT:new container:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_JAR:NONE:NONE][PRESERVE_REAGENT][EMPTY]
[PRODUCT:100:1:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:liquid:NONE][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:new container]

Yo Hugo. I cant get this to work. to make 50 drinks get put into one barrel should i set both liquids to 50 and the container to 1?

[REACTION:COMBINE_BUCKETS]
[NAME:combine barrels to barrel]
[REAGENT:liquid:50:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:CACTUS_JUICE]
[REAGENT:liquid container:1:BARREL:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[FOOD_STORAGE_CONTAINER]
[PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[REAGENT:new container:1:BARREL:NONE:NONE:NONE][PRESERVE_REAGENT][EMPTY]
[PRODUCT:100:50:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:liquid:NONE][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:new container]

Thats what Im trying in his case. It wont allow the reaction to be queued up.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #5009 on: January 26, 2012, 10:37:33 am »

Spoiler: Quote from Me (click to show/hide)
Yo Hugo. I cant get this to work. to make 50 drinks get put into one barrel should i set both liquids to 50 and the container to 1?

[REAGENT:liquid:50:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:CACTUS_JUICE]
[FOOD_STORAGE_CONTAINER]
[PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[PRODUCT:100:50:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:liquid:NONE][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:new container]

Thats what Im trying in his case. It wont allow the reaction to be queued up.
you lack the PRODUCT_DIMENSION tag Liquids/Bars count as 150 each so place a [PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150] next to the reagent and product so that your "50"s count as 50 parts.

so try

[REAGENT:liquid:15:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:CACTUS_JUICE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[FOOD_STORAGE_CONTAINER]
[PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[PRODUCT:100:15:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:liquid:NONE][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:new container][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]

this should work better, I changed it to need 15 and produce 15 (or mix together any extras) you can change that back to "50" if you like. But your old reaction wanted to take 1/3 of a Liquid and give a 1/3 of a liquid.
Pages: 1 ... 332 333 [334] 335 336 ... 357