Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 422420 times)

Nukarama

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: adorable stupidity]
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #4890 on: January 15, 2012, 06:56:17 pm »

Okay I am working the most Op weapon evar and all it seems to do is dent skin. Tips?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And when the site infiltration feature is done, we can do that thing where two short people disguise themselves as one tall guy in a trenchcoat. Except the two people in question will be halves of the same person.
The perfect disguise.

Tokeli

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh wow, mew
    • View Profile
« Reply #4891 on: January 15, 2012, 07:08:20 pm »

Does the INSULATION tag only protect against cold, or will it make creatures melt more easily in hot enviroments as well? Don't think that'd be good for my species to melt in temperate biomes, even if they can survive glaciers running around naked.

Wanting to find out how high I need to set it to let the creatures I'm making survive on a glacier just fine (with clothes on at least)

... Is it possible for clothing to have additional insulation? I just thought it'd be a wonderful idea to make fur-lined armor that would let dwarves or any other species survive in -60 degrees!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4892 on: January 15, 2012, 07:34:22 pm »

Ok, last chance before the next release: Does anyone has any idea why this does not work ? I added [MATERIAL_REACTION:DRINK:PLANT_ALCOHOL_TEMPLATE] to every plant that can be brewed and made this reaction:

[REACTION:REFINE_DRINK1]
   [NAME:brew tasty drink(50)]
   [BUILDING:MAGMA_BREWERY:NONE]
   [BUILDING:STILL:NONE]
[REAGENT:A:4:PLANT:NONE:NONE:NONE]   
[HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:DRINK:PLANT_ALCOHOL_TEMPLATE]
   [REAGENT:container:1:BARREL:NONE:NONE:NONE]
      [PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[PRODUCT:100:50:DRINK:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
   [PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
   [PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER]
   [SKILL:BREWING]
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4893 on: January 15, 2012, 07:48:22 pm »

Okay I am working the most Op weapon evar and all it seems to do is dent skin. Tips?

Try raising the contact area (the first number) and perhaps lowering the velocity multiplier (the last number, the game can get weird with really huge numbers sometimes).

Does the INSULATION tag only protect against cold, or will it make creatures melt more easily in hot enviroments as well?

Polar bears can survive perfectly fine in tropical forests if you import them from human caravans, so I doubt it could hurt them. Unless you tinker with advanced world generation temperatures, anything will be able to survive naked on a glacier or bundled up in a desert without any damage.

Ok, last chance before the next release: Does anyone has any idea why this does not work ?

Three things. First: it seems that the reaction is trying to make a drink out of solid plant material. Replace the drink's product with:
Code: [Select]
[PRODUCT:100:50:DRINK:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:DRINK_MAT]
The second: your [PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER] token lacks a target, so the drink will just spill on the floor. Change it to:
[PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:container]
Third: your reaction won't accept rock or earthenware pots as a container and it might act strangely with barrels that are already filled. Replace its reagent line with:
[REAGENT:container:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[EMPTY]
[FOOD_STORAGE_CONTAINER]
[PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
(taken from vanilla "make mead" reaction)

One last thing to consider: your reaction won't produce any seeds of the plant used to brew. I'm not sure if that's intentional, so just in case you overlooked it add this:
[PRODUCT:100:1:SEEDS:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:SEED]
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #4894 on: January 15, 2012, 07:52:25 pm »

[HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:DRINK:PLANT_ALCOHOL_TEMPLATE] should simply be [HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:DRINK]

and instead of [MATERIAL_REACTION:DRINK:PLANT_ALCOHOL_TEMPLATE], try [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:DRINK:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:DRINK] in the plants instead.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4895 on: January 15, 2012, 09:24:32 pm »

You might be (almost certainly are) blowing out variables with those numbers under attack edge.  Those numbers are far too large for the game to calculate, probably causing the game to revert to a really low default value.  I don't know exactly what variable type those are but the 5000 is probably fine, the others however are insane and probably higher then the game knows what to do with.

Try progressively less absurd numbers until it works.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 09:30:22 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4896 on: January 15, 2012, 10:30:04 pm »

Try 4000000000 at most.

If that still only dents skin, then stick with 60000.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4897 on: January 16, 2012, 02:32:51 am »

can we hex the .exe to increase the job manager's cap?
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #4898 on: January 16, 2012, 08:31:46 am »

can we hex the .exe to increase the job manager's cap?
This I would like to know, I hate typing in 100 and only 30 gets added, so now I have to spam multi 30's of the same thing :/

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4899 on: January 16, 2012, 03:50:59 pm »

I have a question.
Has anybody ever tried making multiple workspaces in a workshop? I really want a workshop that can produce materials on one side, and have them picked up on the other.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4900 on: January 16, 2012, 03:57:43 pm »

hello, i've done some researches lately but i can't really figure out what's wrong with this

why they won't gain skills in mechanics?
Re: 1000 sgins that you play Dwarf fortress (way) too much
154. When you get the word "adamantine" on your LA vocab, you quickly cross it out and replace it with "cotton candy" and spend the next 10 minutes in fetal position rocking back and forth in fear. (Yes, I actually did this.)
...Wait. Adamantine is real?...
...155. You are no longer sure what metals are real or fictional.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4901 on: January 16, 2012, 03:58:20 pm »

I have a question.
Has anybody ever tried making multiple workspaces in a workshop? I really want a workshop that can produce materials on one side, and have them picked up on the other.
I doubt that'll work. Sounds like a nice aesthetic, though.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4902 on: January 16, 2012, 04:22:21 pm »

I have a question.
I doubt that'll work. Sounds like a nice aesthetic, though.
I believe people have done some multiple constructed buildings that make up a single "workshop" area, but I don't believe that having multiple workspaces on a single building will work.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4903 on: January 16, 2012, 04:27:24 pm »

It indeed works. Now I can have slaves load rocks onto wheelbarrows from the mine only, and not have them steal rocks from the stockpiles! Great success!
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4904 on: January 16, 2012, 04:30:59 pm »

So what did you do exactly, just add more [WORK_LOCATION:x:y] tags? Also does it provide any benefit other then dwarves no longer needing to step on top of the workshop operator in order to get things from the workshop?
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.
Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 357