Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 323 324 [325] 326 327 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 422466 times)

Prologue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #4860 on: January 14, 2012, 06:06:48 pm »

I'm making a total conversion mod. Humans in the mesozoic era. So basically I can't remove furnace operator since humans are the only civ able to smelt it. Actually, that can work. I can make 2 human civs, one smelting the ores and one unable too.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4861 on: January 14, 2012, 06:09:34 pm »

No, but thanks. I can make one, and now I can FINALLY UPDATE THE FINAL FANTASY MOD! WOOT!

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #4862 on: January 14, 2012, 06:21:25 pm »

No, but thanks. I can make one, and now I can FINALLY UPDATE THE FINAL FANTASY MOD! WOOT!
You can also use a Detail plan if you so wish. But im old school lol and do all the assigning in the creature.

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4863 on: January 14, 2012, 06:28:09 pm »

I thought that improvements would raise the value of an item ? If not, then I have to change it, and produce a new, high value food item. But I would like to keep it in relation to the original value. Any ideas about that ?

Improvements do raise the value of items. I guess it could work but I don't know how you'd get a reaction to accept a prepared meal as a reagent or create one as a product, not to mention issues with stack sizes that would crop up.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4864 on: January 14, 2012, 07:23:54 pm »

Get_Material_from_Reagant and allow any food as reagent ? In theory I just want to do the same thing as glazing/decorating with bone/stud with metal.  Just for food and drink. I am currently testing.

EDIT: Testing show that food takes drinks as reagent as well. The REFINE_DRINK reaction generates an empty barrel and 1 generic item called "drink" which is no edible alcohol. The REFINE_FOOD reaction creates a generic item called "food", which is no edible food.

Here the current raws:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT2: Seems to be impossible. Even if I add a custom food item with high value, it will mess up because of stack size AND the original value (FB roast) might be higher anyway.

Back to square one.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 08:05:49 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4865 on: January 14, 2012, 08:10:04 pm »

[IMPROVEMENT:100:A:GLAZED:MAGMA]
[PRODUCT:100:1:FOOD:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]

I am pretty sure that these are your main issues. The way your reaction is currently set up, it'll consume a piece of food (actually, maybe 150 pieces, have you already tested that?) and then produce another piece of food while trying to glaze the first piece of food that was already consumed with "magma," which isn't formatted correctly. Try something like this:

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:REFINE_FOOD]
   [NAME:prepare extravagant meal]
   [BUILDING:MAGMA_KITCHEN:NONE]
   [BUILDING:KITCHEN:NONE]
   [REAGENT:target:150:FOOD:ITEM_FOOD_ROAST:NONE:NONE]
    [PRESERVE_REAGENT]       
   [REAGENT:decoration:150:FOOD:NONE:NONE:NONE]
   [IMPROVEMENT:100:target:GLAZED:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:decoration:NONE]
   [SKILL:COOK]

This will (should) take one lavish meal and one other prepared meal, consume the second prepared meal and decorate the lavish meal with whatever the second meal is made out of. It should give you something like <<≡yak tallow roast≡>>. I haven't tested it, though, and I wouldn't be surprised if the game acted strangely when using organic materials like this.

I removed the container because it's not required for solid foods. Regardless, yours were formatted incorrectly: they need a target to tell the game which reagent is the container (like, [PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:A]).
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

Tokeli

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh wow, mew
    • View Profile
« Reply #4866 on: January 14, 2012, 08:55:44 pm »

I've got a question! Is it possible to have a [CARNIVORE] species survive worldgen? I have plenty of civilizations with my species, but a check of legends shows that 95% of them died in year four, of starvation. Somehow, the other 5% all died of old age decades later.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4867 on: January 14, 2012, 09:10:05 pm »

Yes, just add NOEAT and NODRINK to the creature :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Tokeli

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh wow, mew
    • View Profile
« Reply #4868 on: January 14, 2012, 10:05:12 pm »

Yes, just add NOEAT and NODRINK to the creature :)

Oh, thanks! I did this to a species I modded in and it worked, but I haven't been able to get kobolds to even start a civilization, letalone survive. :(

Edit: Apparently they do make civilizations, but no kobolds show up on the historical persons list, and their civs get pummeled by dragons and such all the time.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 10:11:08 pm by Tokeli »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4869 on: January 14, 2012, 10:40:02 pm »

The only change on my kobolds is the mentioned noeat and nodrink, and they survive usually. except desert/glacier worlds...

@trees: The reaction you posted does not crash the game like mine. But it doesnt work, just like my try. The reagent are identified ingame as item and item, and the producet is "unknown material covered item"

I will just scrap the idea, and produce higher value food from basic materials. Thanks for the help though.

Two more questions came to me while exploring the raws:

1. Creature Variants:
 - Do newly created creatures (by the creature variant raw) have to be in the same .txt as the creature  they are based on ? Example: Do PandaMan and Giant Panda have to be in the same file as Panda ?

2. What metal variants would I have to change to create a metal that has a higher armor rating ? I know that density is related to weight, but I dont know if a denser armor is stronger. The adamantium raws tell me: No, it is not.  I just want to create a better armor metal, it should NOT be stronger as a weapon.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #4870 on: January 14, 2012, 10:44:04 pm »

The only change on my kobolds is the mentioned noeat and nodrink, and they survive usually. except desert/glacier worlds...

@trees: The reaction you posted does not crash the game like mine. But it doesnt work, just like my try. The reagent are identified ingame as item and item, and the producet is "unknown material covered item"

I will just scrap the idea, and produce higher value food from basic materials. Thanks for the help though.

1. Creature Variants:
 - Do newly created creatures (by the creature variant raw) have to be in the same .txt as the creature  they are based on ? Example: Do PandaMan and Giant Panda have to be in the same file as Panda ?

2. What metal variants would I have to change to create a metal that has a higher armor rating ? I know that density is related to weight, but I dont know if a denser armor is stronger. The adamantium raws tell me: No, it is not.  I just want to create a better armor metal, it should NOT be stronger as a weapon.

IMPACT and SHEAR values will make it better armor, MAX_EDGE will make it a better edge weapon where DENSITY makes it a better blunt

Tokeli

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh wow, mew
    • View Profile
« Reply #4871 on: January 14, 2012, 10:47:38 pm »

... Considering that dwarves don't even make civilizations now, I think it may be time to simply start from fresh raws.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4872 on: January 14, 2012, 11:17:50 pm »

Thanks Hugo, always a great help, as usual. :)

I will make my last improved metal right away then.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4873 on: January 14, 2012, 11:28:08 pm »

1. Creature Variants:

IMPACT and SHEAR values will make it better armor, MAX_EDGE will make it a better edge weapon where DENSITY makes it a better blunt

I don't think it's quite that simple.

YIELD values make it better armor more than anything else. IMPACT helps with blunt a very good amount, which is why steel is almost as good as silver. SHEAR and YIELD both work to make the edge better. If you notice, MAX_EDGE is the same for ALL metals but candy. The only thing that makes steel better than silver are the shear and yield values.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4874 on: January 14, 2012, 11:33:17 pm »

Yep, just found this in the wiki:

Density: Used in conjunction with other factors - heavier weapons (higher numbers) hit with more force, light weapons tend to have less penetration. Value shown here is g/cm3, which is the raw value divided by 103
Impact yield: Used for blunt-force combat; higher is better. This is the raw value divided by 103 (i.e., kPa).
Impact fracture: Used for blunt-force combat; higher is better. This is the raw value divided by 103 (i.e., kPa).
Impact elasticity: Used for blunt-force combat; lower is better. This is the raw value.
Shear yield: Used for cutting calculations in combat; higher is better. This is the raw value divided by 103 (i.e., kPa).
Shear fracture: Used for cutting calculations in combat; higher is better. This is the raw value divided by 103 (i.e., kPa).
Shear elasticity: Used for cutting calculations in combat; lower is better. This is the raw value.

AFTER altering all the raws. -.- Now my armor metal also makes better weapons. I just recalled it from Protective [METAL] to Battle [METAL]. It is now a feature, always  intended. ;) All have 15% higher rates btw.

That raises the question: What does MAX_EDGDE do then?
Pages: 1 ... 323 324 [325] 326 327 ... 357