Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324 325 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 422500 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #4830 on: January 12, 2012, 12:04:03 am »

UPSTEP is an armor token. It determines how many bodyparts it will cover. For example a chainmail that is worn on the upper body also protects shoulders, upper arms, lower body and upper legs.

And thanks for the answer. It will protect a lot it seems. Dwarves will survive a lot longer if the only bleed from fingers and toes.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4831 on: January 12, 2012, 12:08:17 am »

UPSTEP is an armor token. It determines how many bodyparts it will cover. For example a chainmail that is worn on the upper body also protects shoulders, upper arms, lower body and upper legs.

And thanks for the answer. It will protect a lot it seems. Dwarves will survive a lot longer if the only bleed from fingers and toes.

That's UBSTEP, not UPSTEP. UPSTEP handles neck and facial features.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4832 on: January 12, 2012, 12:16:46 am »

Well, regardless, a dwarf with fixed-temp armor covering its entire body *should* be able to resist most normal fires.
Dragon fire on the other hand I don't know.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4833 on: January 12, 2012, 12:17:41 am »

Well, regardless, a dwarf with fixed-temp armor covering its entire body *should* be able to resist most normal fires.
Dragon fire on the other hand I don't know.

Dragonfire can handily be blocked by shields.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4834 on: January 12, 2012, 01:00:02 am »

Sry, I always confuse UP and UB-step. ^^

Thanks for the answers though, I will do some arena testing and might add a firefighter outfit into my mod. Calling it slightly different of course ;)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4835 on: January 12, 2012, 01:01:06 am »

Sry, I always confuse UP and UB-step. ^^

Thanks for the answers though, I will do some arena testing and might add a firefighter outfit into my mod. Calling it slightly different of course ;)

I'm guessing it could only be made with nethercap or something, because if it could be used as armor, it'd be the best armor by far no matter what >_>

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4836 on: January 12, 2012, 01:43:18 am »

Why best armor by far ? If it is a weak material like copper, just with the special ability of being fireproof, it would not be good in regular combat. But for people who fight magma creatures, or in a burning area, or creatures that use firebreath (or have firebreath allys and try to avoid friendly fire) it would be ok.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4837 on: January 12, 2012, 01:57:07 am »

Yeah, for balancing reasons you'd probably have to make it weak unless you want your firefighter's outfit to be absurdly overpowered.

Probably putting it on par with copper would be ideal.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4838 on: January 12, 2012, 02:44:11 am »

Awesome, the dogs are in fact now gaining experience in various skills, bringing both good, and rather strange results. For example, I'm left wondering just how they manage to train up their negotiating or conversationalist skills.

Anyway, while I'm fiddling with dogs and skills, it now seems only appropriate that I give them something along the lines of [NATURAL_SKILL:BITE:X], so that they can finally start being a little more than mild distractions in combat. What do you suppose a realistic yet effective number for that would be? I was thinking somewhere around 3 or 4.

Shintaro Fago

• Bay Watcher
  • discuss safe nourishing non-plant non-animal diets
    • View Profile
« Reply #4839 on: January 12, 2012, 12:38:44 pm »

1. Does anyone tested the mix of [SEMIMEGABEAST] with [AQUATIC]? Would the giant carps/river dragons/bronze submarines visit the fort coming from a river or somewhere random where they would drown in a matter of seconds?

2. Is it possible for reactions to require remains of a chosen creature and not the random/nearest one?

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a better dove story than Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4840 on: January 12, 2012, 03:25:09 pm »

2. Is it possible for reactions to require remains of a chosen creature and not the random/nearest one?

I believe it's rumored that this sometimes happens in strange moods; the dwarf will want a specific material from their preferences and refuse to use other materials of that type.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4841 on: January 12, 2012, 03:28:00 pm »

I think the megabeasts would drown at world gen. They do live in caves...

Raptor_a22

• Bay Watcher
  • [DERP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4842 on: January 12, 2012, 04:44:00 pm »

If you add the correct biome to the creature you could possibly get it to survive. An aquatic creature wouldn't have ANY_DESERT...
Raptor's CivMod, Mithril and Dark Elves and Alchemy, oh my!
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where severe necrosis leading to exploding limbs is "awesome."

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4843 on: January 12, 2012, 06:52:16 pm »

I have a reaction that should sacrifice blood.. but it doesnt work. The game claims that I need magma... ?

[REACTION:SACRIFICE_BLOOD]
   [NAME:Offer blood to Armok]
   [BUILDING:ARMOK_ALTAR:NONE]
   [REAGENT:BARREL:1:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:INORGANIC:BLOOD]
   [PRESERVE_REAGENT]
      [DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
   [PRODUCT:25:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_ARMOK_SWORD:INORGANIC:IRON]
   [SKILL:ALCHEMY]

Could anyone have a look and tell me what I am doing wrong ?
EDIT: LIQUID_MISC:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:NONE:BLOOD is that better ?

EDIT2: Another question: Can I create a product with higher value, based upon the reagent ? For example Food:Value 10 goes in, Food:Value 20 comes out ? Or do I have to remove the reagent food and replace it with something more valuable as a product ? For example: Food:(all kinds of food that are in the game) goes in, Food:(Super epic pizza) comes out.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 07:56:57 pm by Meph »

Shintaro Fago

• Bay Watcher
  • discuss safe nourishing non-plant non-animal diets
    • View Profile
« Reply #4844 on: January 12, 2012, 07:13:33 pm »

You can't sacrifice anything to Armok without magma, silly goose.
Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324 325 ... 357