Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 422421 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #4740 on: January 07, 2012, 03:06:53 pm »

I tried it without the density tag and the gas was only 1 tile. With it it produces more gas, but I think there's a limit. I tried it with slade and the gas produced is the same when the density is set to 999999.

I want to make a gas chamber. I guess I'll just put it in the room and ignite the gas so that it boils.
Make a material that has an ignite point but no HEATDAM so that it burns forever, and have your gas rock boil at the point that wood burns (ignite point) so you can dump the gas rocks down tubes landing on the burning material, and gasing the room. Bonus for using atom smashers to kill the burning rocks in case they cause issues. Now safely getting the burning rock to the right spot might be a challenge. All depending on how it's done I guess.

Prologue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4741 on: January 07, 2012, 04:18:53 pm »

I might use the bonfire mod to start the fires. You can't add syndrome to smoke right? I have plenty of smoke.  :(

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #4742 on: January 07, 2012, 04:30:42 pm »

I might use the bonfire mod to start the fires. You can't add syndrome to smoke right? I have plenty of smoke.  :(
No you can't :( but the gas that you call "Smoke" can

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4743 on: January 07, 2012, 04:56:37 pm »

A couple of questions. For a RELSIZE of 200, does that mean the body part is 200% as large as the default value? And if I was applying this to a layer of scales, how thick should it be to bring it to the equivalent of, say, leather armor?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4744 on: January 07, 2012, 05:04:04 pm »

A couple of questions. For a RELSIZE of 200, does that mean the body part is 200% as large as the default value? And if I was applying this to a layer of scales, how thick should it be to bring it to the equivalent of, say, leather armor?
The way that RELSIZE works is as part of a ratio to the other body parts. Basically if you do (Total body SIZE)*(RELSIZE of body part)/(RELSIZE of all body parts added together) you can find out exactly how many cubic centimeters a body part is. Now I'm not going to give an exact example here since I'm a little too lazy to do the math, but because it works like this it does allow you to set up some connection to body part sizes (such as saying that the upper body is 60x the size of a single eyeball since the upper body is RELSIZE:300 and a single eye is RELSIZE:5).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4745 on: January 07, 2012, 05:14:58 pm »

I think, actually, that in the above case, the eye having a relsize of 5 and the upperbody having a relsize of 300 would make the UB have 61 times the size of the eye.

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4746 on: January 07, 2012, 05:21:22 pm »

I see... so, to make the changes I want to a body part size, I need to find out the Relsize of said part. How would I go about doing that? The body part in particular is a layer of scales I added with [TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:TAIL:SCALE:TOP]

EDIT: Nevermind. Relsize wasn't what I was looking for anyway. I decided on using RELATIVE_THICKNESS instead.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 05:55:57 pm by Fortis »

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4747 on: January 07, 2012, 06:10:39 pm »

Yeah, RELSIZE is for body parts, not tissues.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4748 on: January 07, 2012, 06:19:09 pm »

Got another question about tissues though. I want to add the scale tissues over the skin on a specific body part, but after I test it, I get an error log stating:

NAGA:FEMALE:tail, layer 1: Tissue SCALE was not found, using first tissue instead
NAGA:MALE:tail, layer 1: Tissue SCALE was not found, using first tissue instead

The combat logs also show, when I pit two of my creatures against each other, their hits go directly to bruising the muscle, no mention of the skin or fat getting hurt.

This is what I have so far:

[BODY:HUMANOID_LEGLESS:TAIL_STANCE:2EYES:2EARS:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:HUMANOID_JOINTS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:SKULL:5FINGERS:MOUTH:FACIAL_FEATURES:TEETH:RIBCAGE]
   [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_MATERIALS]
      [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SCALE:SCALE_TEMPLATE]
   [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_TISSUES]
      [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SCALE:SCALE_TEMPLATE]
   [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS:SKIN:FAT:MUSCLE:BONE:CARTILAGE]
   [TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:TAIL:SCALE:TOP]

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
  • Read or the owl will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4749 on: January 07, 2012, 06:44:21 pm »

That second [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:blahblahblah] should probably be [USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:blahblahblah]

Ok, i'm having a weird issue with using the giant animal creature variation. For some reason i'm getting an error log where it doesn't recognize most of the tags, even though they are definitely legitimate and then it wont generate the creatures. The odd thing is that this is the first time it's given me trouble like this.

Heres the raws:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And here's the error log:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'd like to note that i was trying to deal with an issue where the giant horse would have 'horse milk' instead of 'giant horse milk' which could explain some of the weirdness there. The giant duck should work though (the size percentage change thing is currently way too high, but it should work). It should be noted that the raw file these guys are in also have creatures using the animal_person creature variation and a creature using the giant creature variation with no issues.
Urist Mcsurvivalist has been accosted by edible vermin lately.

Goblins: The fourth iron ore.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #4750 on: January 07, 2012, 11:34:19 pm »

Is thjere a way to make a civ permahostile WITHOUT making them babysnatchers? As entertaining as it would be, I'd rather not have 31.5 kiloton kidnappers stalking around my fortress.
くコ:彡

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4751 on: January 07, 2012, 11:52:50 pm »

[UTTERANCES] in the creature
[ITEM_THIEF] in the entity

and, in the next version

[OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] in the creature

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #4752 on: January 08, 2012, 12:12:56 am »

Hmm. The first two present problems with my presentation of the species (their language is used to name many of the rarer plants, minerals and gems, and them being thieves has the same issue as the kidnapping thing), and the third one is unavailable. These guys are basically supposed to be endgame bosses, max age 950-1050 years, growing to 100 kilotons by age 500, and they have top-tier equipment.

Come to think of it, there should be a tag that controls the minimum/maximum z-level that certain minerals can spawn in. I want minerals that can only be found in the tallest mountains and the deepest depths.
くコ:彡

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4753 on: January 08, 2012, 01:22:54 am »

You could rename their thief profession to "scout" or "assassin" or something similar.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

Prologue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4754 on: January 08, 2012, 05:53:55 am »

What's the reaction to make crafts using bones only?

[REAGENT:A:1:x:NONE:NONE:NONE]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:ANY_CRAFT:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]

What is x, is it CORPSEPIECE, CORPSE, or REMAINS?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 06:00:00 am by Prologue »
Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 357