Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 422577 times)

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #4590 on: December 13, 2011, 05:42:05 pm »

Only by extension of what they do at the highest level, which is determining how likely it is for a civ to be able to produce a piece of clothing or armor. (Trade caravans can only bring you the goods that their home civ can produce.)
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

lastofthelight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4591 on: December 13, 2011, 07:41:42 pm »

Does anyone know what happens if you give a specific caste (say a caste of dwarves) - or even all dwarves, the POWER tag? Would that mess things up, or make it so ordinary people can occasionally pretend to be gods?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4592 on: December 13, 2011, 09:30:38 pm »

Does anyone know what happens if you give a specific caste (say a caste of dwarves) - or even all dwarves, the POWER tag? Would that mess things up, or make it so ordinary people can occasionally pretend to be gods?

It essentially makes it so that that individual caste will cause world age changes when they are born/spawn/die, much like with megabeasts.

GloriousImp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4593 on: December 13, 2011, 10:06:52 pm »

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:GET_COPPER]
     [NAME:Trade corpses for copper]
     [BUILDING:Military_trade_depot:CUSTOM_M]
     [REAGENT:CORPSE:2:CORP:NONE][USE_BODY_COMPONENT]
     [PRODUCT:100:1:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:COPPER][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
     [SKILL:SMELT]

Doesn't work as intended, apparently it makes tons of copper (dozens and dozens, and counting).

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #4594 on: December 13, 2011, 10:40:34 pm »

Your REAGENT line is broken.  REAGENT lines have the format:

[REAGENT:name:number:item type:item subtype:material type:material subtype]

You don't have valid item and material information on that line.  You don't have enough information in it, and I don't think 'CORP' is a recognized item or material type anyway.  CORPSE is the item type for a corpse, but I'm not sure it's actually possible to code a working reaction that uses a corpse as a reagent.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

GloriousImp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4595 on: December 13, 2011, 10:47:50 pm »

Oh yeah, I'm an idiot.

Oh well it works well enough for testing at least.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4596 on: December 13, 2011, 11:59:03 pm »

if you read errorlog.txt in your dwarf fortress folder you'd see alot of complaining.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #4597 on: December 14, 2011, 01:33:11 pm »

Having an Issue with SEED producing. These are the Culprits

Spoiler: Plant (click to show/hide)
This is a plantable version of it's parent TOWER_CAP

Spoiler: Reaction (click to show/hide)
If I remove the SEED at the end of the PRODUCT lines for the seeds I get "Tower-cap Spawn" but they don't count as seeds. But if I leave the SEED in I just get "seeds" that I can do nothing with. I thought I had fixed this issue.

Kweri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4598 on: December 14, 2011, 04:31:41 pm »

I'm pretty sure you're using GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT incorrectly.

GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:REAGENT_ID:REACTION_PRODUCT_ID

It looks like you're trying to do GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:REAGENT_ID:a material from your reagent

From the wiki, "REACTION_PRODUCT_ID must either match a [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT] belonging to the reagent's material or be equal to "NONE" to use the reagent's material itself."

What you need to do is add a [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:SEED_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:SEED] to the material definition of whatever your plant is made out of (same place the LOG_MAT MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT is defined really!). Then the relevant product line would be SEEDS:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:SEED_MAT

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4599 on: December 16, 2011, 09:05:31 pm »

I'm pretty sure you're using GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT incorrectly.

GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:REAGENT_ID:REACTION_PRODUCT_ID

It looks like you're trying to do GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:REAGENT_ID:a material from your reagent

From the wiki, "REACTION_PRODUCT_ID must either match a [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT] belonging to the reagent's material or be equal to "NONE" to use the reagent's material itself."

What you need to do is add a [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:SEED_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:SEED] to the material definition of whatever your plant is made out of (same place the LOG_MAT MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT is defined really!). Then the relevant product line would be SEEDS:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:SEED_MAT

I have done both of those and yet I end up with "Seeds" as my product. I had more luck with
   [PRODUCT:100:1:SEEDS:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]

then
   [PRODUCT:100:1:SEEDS:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:SEED_MAT]

because with the NONE it acually Found the proper name for the seeds, saddly they were as useless as a numb earlobe

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #4600 on: December 17, 2011, 11:22:43 pm »

Is it at all possible to make a job require more than one labour? e.g. Furnace Operating and Alchemy?

Also, what's the deal with the Alchemy job token? I can't get it to actually limit workers to those with Alchemy active. I've replaced it with Furnace Operating until I can actually get it working.
くコ:彡

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #4601 on: December 17, 2011, 11:25:56 pm »

[SKILL:ALCHEMY] seems to work fine for me, I have multiple reactions that require alchemy and only dwarves with that skill are doing those jobs.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4602 on: December 18, 2011, 12:11:46 am »

I have done both of those and yet I end up with "Seeds" as my product. I had more luck with

then

because with the NONE it acually Found the proper name for the seeds, saddly they were as useless as a numb earlobe
You need to add [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:SEED_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:SEED] to the plant's structural definition if you want to use GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:SEED_MAT. Only then it'd spawn your seed correctly.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4603 on: December 18, 2011, 10:31:25 am »

then

You need to add [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:SEED_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:SEED] to the plant's structural definition if you want to use GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:SEED_MAT. Only then it'd spawn your seed correctly.

Wow... As soon as I put it under the [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:LOG_MAT...] it started to work.. I guess it's picky on the placement of these tokens? Thank you very much for your help.

@Zaerosz
Sphalerite has answered your question, but if that ever happens again check the ErrorLog.txt because I had that issue with a few of my reactions were I used a profession instead of a skill and DF just defaulted the labour to anyone. As for Multiple Labours for one building, I don't think so. You can have the reactions require different skills for the same building. But I think only One skill labour is allowed per reaction/building.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, I haven't delt with mulitple labours for a building/reaction.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4604 on: December 19, 2011, 02:01:36 am »

Are there any other tissue shapings than the standard ones?

I don't want neatly combed hair, but I also really don't want every single damn creature's hair to be "extremely long".
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 357