Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 422595 times)

Prologue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #4560 on: December 08, 2011, 09:12:39 am »

Is there a way to remove military skills from dorfs? Like 10 gobbos are attacking them but they will never attack back?

Another thing, is it possible to embark with a creature without it being tame?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 11:25:04 am by Prologue »

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4561 on: December 08, 2011, 03:34:51 pm »

Someone please have a look at this reaction, will it work in adventurer mode?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, do I need to generate a new world for it to work?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4562 on: December 08, 2011, 06:46:34 pm »

Someone please have a look at this reaction, will it work in adventurer mode?

Also, do I need to generate a new world for it to work?

yes to both, also you can place the text in the same line to save up space
Re: 1000 sgins that you play Dwarf fortress (way) too much
154. When you get the word "adamantine" on your LA vocab, you quickly cross it out and replace it with "cotton candy" and spend the next 10 minutes in fetal position rocking back and forth in fear. (Yes, I actually did this.)
...Wait. Adamantine is real?...
...155. You are no longer sure what metals are real or fictional.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4563 on: December 10, 2011, 06:37:55 pm »

Is there a way to remove military skills from dorfs? Like 10 gobbos are attacking them but they will never attack back?
Another thing, is it possible to embark with a creature without it being tame?
No and No, sadly. The closest you could get to the removing military skills would be to remove all attacks from the dwarves, in which case they would still attack but only with the nigh-harmless "push" attack.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4564 on: December 10, 2011, 07:16:27 pm »

This might work for Krantz's request: If you put their only attack as something like this:
Code: [Select]
[ATTACK:PUNCH:BODYPART:BY_TYPE:GRASP]
[ATTACK_SKILL:GRASP_STRIKE]
[ATTACK_VERB:cower feebly:cowers feebly]
[ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:1]
[ATTACK_VELOCITY_MODIFIER:1]
[ATTACK_PRIORITY:MAIN]

then, well, that's all they'll do. In testing, it seems to still cause bruising, though, and the creature will still be able to wrestle or wield weapons (unless you remove their ability to grasp, but then they won't be able to do any labor). It might not cause bruising if you make their hands out of a feathers or something silly like that.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4565 on: December 11, 2011, 12:44:00 pm »

I need help defining a custom item that:
 + Is stockpiled similar to plant-based goods
 + Can be stacked in containers
 + Can be purchased at embark and during trades
 + Whose stacks can be split and used one by one at reactions.
 + Can be created from reactions

As a token of gratitude, the person who can fulfill my request get to name it
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 09:16:38 pm by rephikul »
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

lastofthelight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4566 on: December 11, 2011, 01:37:58 pm »

I've been splicing together mods today into my own private raw setup. I seem to have spliced in two creatures that I can't find where they came from; the faedog and the forest cat. I need to splice in their graphics, but can't figure out which mod they came from. Anyone know? I thought it was Genesis; but I checked and don't see any graphics for them in there. I'm tired of these cats running around looking like trees.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 01:45:25 pm by lastofthelight »

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4567 on: December 11, 2011, 05:08:38 pm »

I've been splicing together mods today into my own private raw setup. I seem to have spliced in two creatures that I can't find where they came from; the faedog and the forest cat. I need to splice in their graphics, but can't figure out which mod they came from. Anyone know? I thought it was Genesis; but I checked and don't see any graphics for them in there. I'm tired of these cats running around looking like trees.

Forest cat is definitely newest edition Genesis, I had those on embark. Faedogs were discussed in the Genesis thread too, but I'm not sure they are still included in the present version.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4568 on: December 12, 2011, 08:18:15 pm »

Absolutely no taker?
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

GloriousImp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4569 on: December 12, 2011, 09:50:39 pm »

Is this the place to ask about existing mods?

I have a bit of a plan to make my own, Noob friendly (as I'm a complete retard at Dwarf Fortress), combat focused human surface mod.

It would be for personal use and I will probably not release it (Because if I did there would be no end to the sea of hatred directed at me for being a copycat or an idiot who makes mods for noobs) but the gist of it is:
-mining would take MUCH longer (if that's even possible)
Meant to put more focus on relying on the "motherland's support", which is done via reactions, mining should be done to get materials for defenses, mostly. The main material for generic stuff should be wood. Fun with elves all around. Damn Elves.
-Motherland support
Since you won't mine much, you will be able to trade in things for useful items, mostly iron bars and flux stones.
Examples would be wood crafts, but I have a half idea of trading corpses for materials, especially if there's a way to differentiate corpse size or origin (human corpses would either be worth nothing or maybe memorial slabs, then enemy corpses would be ranked by basic lethality)

That's the very basic idea. It's a noob's mod for himself.

What I'd like to know is what are relatively simple human civ mods to "Obtain ideas" from, mostly looking for the simpler ones.
Basic swaps would work fine I suppose, I'm really new to Dwarf fortress modding, last thing I modded was STALKER.

Ideas are welcome I guess, but I'm not planning on making a whole thread for this, it would be very egoistic of me given I don't plan on releasing this for aforementioned reasons.

Prologue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4570 on: December 12, 2011, 10:03:40 pm »

Does [DRAGONFIREBREATH] also imply [BUILDINGDESTROYER:x] or if I leave it out would [DRAGONFIREBREATH] still destroy furniture (wood and all)?

@GloriousImp - May I suggest you look at the Corrosion mod? It removes basically all the stones and makes it more dangerous and forces you to build above ground instead of tunneling in a mountain.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4571 on: December 12, 2011, 11:49:43 pm »

oh hey mother land support reliance, I have also been tinkering with that. For your question, it's impossible to reduce the rate of mining via skills because if you force skill at 0, there's still a good chance of you getting new miners with randomly generated skill levels which can be very high. You can however slow the rate of mining by massively increase pick's size which'd cause it to be extremely heavy, slowing down working rate. Do remember to reduce its combat potential accordingly though. You can also combine that with greatly reduced chance of ore yield and reduced size of cluster i.e. replacing vein/cluster to small cluster like gems, reducing overall rate of acquisition.

If you want a higher focus on motherland support, pick something basic and essential like fuel, force it on every reactions and make it trade-only. For example in my mod I'm trying to implement a new element called yeast (you can help me here) which's cheap but you need aplenty to brew and it's very expensive to synthesize on site, forcing the player to request and purchase either yeast or booze from caravan to sustain his fortress.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 11:52:09 pm by rephikul »

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4572 on: December 13, 2011, 12:35:43 am »

Were you looking for barrel or bin storage?
Also though the rest of this is possible, at the moment there is no real way to split stacks, short of having a reaction take a stack and give you a set number of individual stacks (which could then just accept those individual stacks to make more, giving you an endless supply). From the dev logs it sounds like we might be getting a way to do this in the next version (I know we will be able to in adventure mode) but until then you can't really do anything.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4573 on: December 13, 2011, 02:33:58 am »

Also though the rest of this is possible, at the moment there is no real way to split stacks
Bin/barrel are both ok. Guess I'd update my "challenge" then:

+ Is stockpiled similar to plant-based goods (i.e.like dwarven syrups)
 + Can be put in containers (bin/barrel/bag etc)
 + Can be purchased at embark and during trades (i.e. like clothes bin)
 + Can be created from reactions i.e. like oil soap

I have rooted out the last problem, which is actually a popular bug. This challenge is closed.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 11:25:49 am by rephikul »

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4574 on: December 13, 2011, 05:54:31 am »

Also though the rest of this is possible, at the moment there is no real way to split stacks
Bin/barrel are both ok. Guess I'd update my "challenge" then:

+ Is stockpiled similar to plant-based goods (i.e.like dwarven syrups)
 + Can be put in containers (bin/barrel/bag etc)
 + Can be purchased at embark and during trades (i.e. like clothes bin)
 + Can be created from reactions i.e. like oil soap

What is this item, specifically? Is this solid? Non-solid? Or both, by melting and etc? I'm most likely not taking this, since I haven't done much item stacking experiments, and my DF modding-fu is rusty.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 357