Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 422622 times)

calico103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #4530 on: December 01, 2011, 08:48:54 pm »

@Calico

I believe you used [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:HUMANOID_HEAD_POSITIONS] when it should have been [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:HUMANOID_RIBCAGE_POSITIONS]. [NO_THOUGHT...] only makes it so that it doesn't use a brain. Your wings has no where to connect to.

Actually, I tested it with the [NO_THOUGHT_CENTER_FOR_MOVEMENT] tag, and that worked just fine. Considering Sphere Doomers don't even have ribcages or the organs that ribcages protect, that would have been kinda pointless.
This is the bomb!

And it's set to go off in fifteen seconds...

zubb2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4531 on: December 01, 2011, 10:00:23 pm »

Hey kwik kwestion is it possible to mod the dorfs to take a certain color if I give them a specific nickname?

Like miner for grey

farmer for yellow

and my hauler workshopper called crafter for some other color.

Iknow the dorfs already assume a color relating to there jobs but the system as it is is stoopid.
(Anyone else have any stories that can compare to a man being beaten to death with his own trousers by a giant gopher?)
(when goblins showed up, I mumbled "Smithers! Release the hounds!" and had the lever pulled.)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4532 on: December 01, 2011, 10:28:30 pm »

Nah, there's no way outside of making new professions, but that would be extremely time consuming and pretty much useless.

zubb2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4533 on: December 01, 2011, 10:50:10 pm »

Ballz.
What about giving them certain professins upon migrating in.
I could give them all worckshop jobs and hauling jobs and stone working aaaand wood working but not cutting jobs.upon migrating in.
(Anyone else have any stories that can compare to a man being beaten to death with his own trousers by a giant gopher?)
(when goblins showed up, I mumbled "Smithers! Release the hounds!" and had the lever pulled.)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4534 on: December 01, 2011, 11:09:48 pm »

Why not just get a tileset, that way you can see what a dwarf's best skill is just by looking at the sprite.

Prologue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4535 on: December 02, 2011, 03:24:29 am »

If I were to change the blood of a creature to, let's say liquid stone and let's say it's basalt, do I need to do this:
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BLOOD:STONE_TEMPLATE]
[BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BLOOD:LIQUID]
or do I need to add more since nothing there says to use the stone basalt?

Or is it like this:
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BLOOD:INORGANIC:BASALT]
[BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BLOOD:LIQUID]

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4536 on: December 02, 2011, 08:03:26 am »

[USE_MATERIAL:BLOOD:INORGANIC:BASALT]

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #4537 on: December 02, 2011, 08:31:23 am »

[BLOOD:INORGANIC:BASALT:LIQUID] should do the trick too.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Nil Athelion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4538 on: December 02, 2011, 03:07:17 pm »

Happily modding my new dwarf-replacement race.  Played some Fortress games, modded some more.  Played some Adventurer games, modded some more.

Tried playing some more Fortress games... ...and now DwarfTherapist does not work!  *cries*

I am not dwarfy enough to survive without DwarfTherapist.  What does DwarfTherapist require to be able to acknowledge my dear little Durumgir?  What did I change to cause it to hate me?!

Modding so far:
Durumgir species currently has it's own entity, and own species.  I tried renaming the Durumgir creature name to Dwarf, but that didn't help.  Tried making the Entity "MOUNTAIN" but that didn't help either. 

Other misc changes: All stones don't have acquifiers,  Durumgiru required their own body plan, materials, body detail plans, etc.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4539 on: December 02, 2011, 03:28:41 pm »

Happily modding my new dwarf-replacement race.  Played some Fortress games, modded some more.  Played some Adventurer games, modded some more.

Tried playing some more Fortress games... ...and now DwarfTherapist does not work!  *cries*

I am not dwarfy enough to survive without DwarfTherapist.  What does DwarfTherapist require to be able to acknowledge my dear little Durumgir?  What did I change to cause it to hate me?!

Modding so far:
Durumgir species currently has it's own entity, and own species.  I tried renaming the Durumgir creature name to Dwarf, but that didn't help.  Tried making the Entity "MOUNTAIN" but that didn't help either. 

Other misc changes: All stones don't have acquifiers,  Durumgiru required their own body plan, materials, body detail plans, etc.
There is a DTherapist for modders and you can find the link in this post. How to set it up for your castes is in this post.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Prologue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4540 on: December 03, 2011, 08:06:06 am »

What's the highest number you can input when using [RELATIVE_THICKNESS:x]?

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4541 on: December 03, 2011, 08:46:20 am »

I assume it's using integers for that, so either 32,767 or 65,535, depending on whether it's signed or unsigned.  But keep in mind that the numbers in RELATIVE_THICKNESS are relative - they're only for the purpose of determining how thick each tissue layer is relative to the others in that body part.  Giving one layer a really high thickness will only mean that it will make up almost all of that body part, and the other tissues in that body part will be in very thin layers.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Rgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • [RELIGION: JEWISH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4542 on: December 03, 2011, 09:48:06 pm »

Which raw file are crafts in? I'm working on a medium-large mod, and I wish to add crafts. I did check the wiki, and probably failed to find it.
Rgamer likes dwarves for their industriousness. He dislikes small dogs for their annoying barking, enjoys a good run, and prefers to consume steak, potatoes, or apples whenever possible. He likes native silver, granite, marble, and ebony.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4543 on: December 03, 2011, 09:55:11 pm »

I'm pretty sure crafts are hard-coded.  You can add toys, instruments, and tools, but not crafts.

Rgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • [RELIGION: JEWISH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4544 on: December 03, 2011, 10:01:19 pm »

So... basically I need a C++ editor. Ah, well. Drop them in the toys, then.
Rgamer likes dwarves for their industriousness. He dislikes small dogs for their annoying barking, enjoys a good run, and prefers to consume steak, potatoes, or apples whenever possible. He likes native silver, granite, marble, and ebony.
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 357