Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 422619 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #4515 on: November 29, 2011, 07:02:03 pm »

What tag is it that makes a civ appear underground ?

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4516 on: November 29, 2011, 07:02:41 pm »

Now, will those trap parts work as weapons, or will I have to mod them?

I'm not 100% sure what you're asking, but if you mean for them to use giant serrated disks or axe blades or whatever as weapons that can be assigned to soldiers/used by invaders, you'll have to remake them as weapons because they have several tags specific to trap components and are missing several tags required to be a working weapon. The attack definitions should be transferable without them having to be edited, though.
Ah, right. That was what I was asking, thank you.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4517 on: November 29, 2011, 07:27:38 pm »

[LAYER_LINKED]
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4518 on: November 29, 2011, 07:40:26 pm »

[LAYER_LINKED]
Okay thanks :) I wasn't able to find it on the list.

calico103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4519 on: November 29, 2011, 11:51:58 pm »

I'm trying to add in a creature (again) but when I view it in the health screen in the arena, it tells me:

Ability to fly lost

...even if the wings are still intact. Here's the raw; I'll work to find out what's going on, but if someone else finds it before I do, could they tell me? Thanks.

Spoiler: creature_sphere_doomer (click to show/hide)

By the way, bonus points to whoever figures out where this is from. :P

EDIT: Well, I guess I should've tried some more before I asked for help. Turns out that the [NO_THOUGHT_CENTER_FOR_MOVEMENT] tag made it work.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 11:54:37 pm by calico103 »
This is the bomb!

And it's set to go off in fifteen seconds...

Prologue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4520 on: November 30, 2011, 12:07:27 am »

EDIT: If a creature has no lungs with an AQUATIC tag, will it still drown?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 12:53:06 am by Prologue »

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4521 on: November 30, 2011, 02:49:33 am »

@Calico
Can we see your body raws as well? The most likely thing that I can think of is that you have the BODY_WITH_HEAD_FLAG body parts not in the correct order so the game is failing to parse them correctly. They should be in this order parts with UPPERBODY, things that connect to those parts (so head/lower body) then things that connect to those (upper limbs, neck, brain, etc.) then things that connect to those (lower limbs, teeth) and so on. The main idea is that anything that a part is connected to (such as lower body being connected to the upper body) has to be stated before the connecting part (so you have to state upper body before lower body). If you fail to do so then the game will freak out an if it isn't parsing the brain correctly then it could be causing your lack of ability to fly. (Also my google-fu tells me that sphere doomers are from Kirby's Return to Dreamland.)

EDIT: If a creature has no lungs with an AQUATIC tag, will it still drown?
Yes. All the lungs or any other [BREATHE] part does is allow a part that, when destroyed, causes the creature to suffocate. It is the [NOBREATHE] token that will prevent them from drowning, though if you wanted a creature that could live both above and below water then just use the [AMPHIBIOUS] tag.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Prologue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4522 on: November 30, 2011, 03:12:24 am »

Yes. All the lungs or any other [BREATHE] part does is allow a part that, when destroyed, causes the creature to suffocate. It is the [NOBREATHE] token that will prevent them from drowning, though if you wanted a creature that could live both above and below water then just use the [AMPHIBIOUS] tag.

I'm trying to mod a stationary creature. I know it needs to drown and have the [IMMOBILE_LAND] tag in it. Since it has no lungs it will 'drown' but it also won't die, theoretical. I'm trying it now.

UPDATE: Guess I was wrong. They can still die. Who ever heard of a creature without lungs die from drowning?!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 03:58:13 am by Prologue »

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4523 on: November 30, 2011, 09:55:24 am »

I actually tested this out earlier. The [IMMOBLIE_LAND] token only functions if the creature is [AQUATIC] and all it does is prevent them from moving while they are air drowning. It doesn't work if they aren't drowning, so making the creature non breathing cancels [IMMOBILE_LAND].
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4524 on: November 30, 2011, 02:44:48 pm »

I'm trying to mod a stationary creature. I know it needs to drown and have the [IMMOBILE_LAND] tag in it. Since it has no lungs it will 'drown' but it also won't die, theoretical. I'm trying it now.

UPDATE: Guess I was wrong. They can still die. Who ever heard of a creature without lungs die from drowning?!

Fish don't have lungs :p
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4525 on: November 30, 2011, 03:29:05 pm »

Quick question: Is it possible to make a soil that's both clay and sand?

I meant, if I add both [SOIL_SAND] and [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:FIRED_MAT:INORGANIC:CERAMIC_PORCELAIN] (or STONEWARE or EARTHENWARE, but porcelain is as valuable as it gets :p ) will I be able to designate both clay and sand collection zones on that soil?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Prologue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4526 on: November 30, 2011, 03:43:21 pm »

If I use [MATERIAL_BREATH_ATTACK:INORGANIC:BASALT:TRAILING_GAS_FLOW] would I be able to add this (and work) as a symptom:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's added in the creature file. Or do I need to add it in the stone_mineral since it's INORGANIC:BASALT?

EDIT: Okay, I managed to get syndromes working by adding it in the stone file. Now, how do I go about making it only useable by the turret and not an actual stone? I removed [IS_STONE] and the [METAMORPHIC]/[IGNEOUS_EXTRUSIVE] tag in it. If I make a new world, will this new stone show up when I dig?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 04:18:53 pm by Prologue »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4527 on: November 30, 2011, 06:01:55 pm »

You'll just have to make a new BASALT in the creature itself. That's the quickest workaround.

calico103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4528 on: November 30, 2011, 07:18:28 pm »

@Calico
-snip-

Thanks for the info about body tags; I'll keep that it mind if I'm having trouble again. :) But I figured out that the problem had to do with me not specifying that it had no need to think.

(Also my google-fu tells me that sphere doomers are from Kirby's Return to Dreamland.)

Ding-ding! You win a cookie!
This is the bomb!

And it's set to go off in fifteen seconds...

Prologue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4529 on: November 30, 2011, 08:24:43 pm »

@Calico

I believe you used [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:HUMANOID_HEAD_POSITIONS] when it should have been [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:HUMANOID_RIBCAGE_POSITIONS]. [NO_THOUGHT...] only makes it so that it doesn't use a brain. Your wings has no where to connect to.
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 357