Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 422639 times)

zubb2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #4485 on: November 28, 2011, 07:40:42 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
  HI ppls I AM sorry for the caps just got done modding that creature up there and I held shift alot,anyway the zubby wambler has fire breath but it still gets hurt by other wamblers breath how do i stop that.
It does have [FIRE_IMMUNE].
while writing this ive noticed i spelled immune wrong in the raws.
Balls.

How do I make the following creature not succk and work.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
(Anyone else have any stories that can compare to a man being beaten to death with his own trousers by a giant gopher?)
(when goblins showed up, I mumbled "Smithers! Release the hounds!" and had the lever pulled.)

zubb2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4486 on: November 28, 2011, 07:48:44 pm »

How would I go about making fire breath an attack priority and do more damage.

In the arena the yetis wont die very well even againts a hord of wamblers.

How would I make them avalable from dwarven embark they have [PET] and [TRAINABLE] seperate like I just wrote it.
(Anyone else have any stories that can compare to a man being beaten to death with his own trousers by a giant gopher?)
(when goblins showed up, I mumbled "Smithers! Release the hounds!" and had the lever pulled.)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4487 on: November 28, 2011, 07:54:03 pm »

1. To be unhurt by dragonbreath you need [FIREIMMUNE_SUPER], which also implies [FIREIMMUNE].

2. The 'creature tokens' page on magmawiki is very useful.
Magmawiki

3. For the 'Armoured Dog', under [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:VERTABRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS:SKIN:FAT:MUSCLE:BONE] you have misspelled 'vertebrate'.

4. This is just nitpicky, but [GENERAL_CHILD_NAME:A pup:A puppies] will make a tamed armoured puppy show up as 'Stray A Pup'

5. Your [PREFSTRING] is incorrectly declared. If you have two preferences for the creature, have two lines as follows:

[PREFSTRING:loyalty]
[PREFSTRING:slaughter]

That's about all I saw is wrong with it. I'm fairly new to modding myself, but that's just what I picked up.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4488 on: November 28, 2011, 07:55:53 pm »

How would I go about making fire breath an attack priority and do more damage.

In the arena the yetis wont die very well even againts a hord of wamblers.

How would I make them avalable from dwarven embark they have [PET] and [TRAINABLE] seperate like I just wrote it.

Fire breath has a fixed damage. They use it whenever they're in range, but not melee range.
Available from embark? [COMMON_DOMESTIC] i think.

zubb2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4489 on: November 28, 2011, 07:58:21 pm »

Thanks you 2 im new as well as in never done this before.

If misspelling vertabrate is all thats wrong with them a dogs ill be surprised and happy.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4490 on: November 28, 2011, 08:03:02 pm »

Hehe, well this certainly is the right place to start.
I saw you managed to define iron as the skin of the dogs? Do you mind if I use that for the horn of one of my creatures? I had trouble figuring out how to define it and so their horn just became skin and hence glanced away...

zubb2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4491 on: November 28, 2011, 08:05:02 pm »

You can if you want but im not even sure that will work ive never got my a dogs to not pass through on attack so after these changes ill try it again.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4492 on: November 28, 2011, 08:07:59 pm »

Cool, I noticed your other thread. With those pointers from the other B12ers i reckon I could define an absurdly sharp material.

OH SWEET MERCY. How about, when these creatures are killed they drop their horn, which is usable as a weapon?

zubb2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4493 on: November 28, 2011, 08:09:47 pm »

It crashed when i tried to start df after changing the spelling of vertabrate.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #4494 on: November 28, 2011, 08:17:16 pm »

This is wrong:

[TISSUE_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:INORGANIC_IRON]

as there's no material INORGANIC_IRON declared in your local materials.

You want to use:

[TISSUE_MATERIAL:INORGANIC:IRON]

Also, you don't declare TISSUE_TEMPLATE at the creature level.  Instead of:

[TISSUE_TEMPLATE:SKIN_TEMPLATE]

use

[TISSUE:SKIN]

Or you could actually look at the raws I posted in your other thread where I showed you how to do it correctly.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

zubb2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4495 on: November 28, 2011, 08:22:09 pm »

Sorry the raws are close together and confusing.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4496 on: November 28, 2011, 08:42:48 pm »

How strange, I could have sworn that Deons ilithalids healed at crazy-fast rates.  Would making it HEALING_RATE:0 make it unable to heal at all?
I don't know. Most likely.
Tested: Removes healing.
A creature got cut on the arm and it didn't heal by the time a gash on a human did (15 days) in the Arena.

Huh. Oh well, to the arena to test out the new tissues. 8)
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4497 on: November 28, 2011, 08:48:47 pm »

@Zubb2
I looked through the ArmourdDog and was going to bring a few things to your attention, but I kept running into things (some of which I couldn't easily explain). So I've edited the creature to what I figured you'd want it to be with annotations to do my explaining for me.
I haven't tested these changes, but I've modded this area pretty extensively.

The Wiki is a valuable resource and the following pages may help in your endeavors:
General Modding Page- Can help jump-start your entrance into modding. A little bit of everything is on the page (except graphic modding).
Creature tokens- Invaluable in creature editing/creation.
Tissue Def tokens- Gives perspective on how creature tissues function. Should not be copied into creature definitions.
Body tokens- Useful in understanding creature form and function. For more advanced or specific projects.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

zubb2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4498 on: November 28, 2011, 08:56:16 pm »

K thank yall for the help ill look at the wiki and modder page and tell if I make any thing other than fire breathing fluffy wambler.(my new guard dogs)

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4499 on: November 28, 2011, 09:03:17 pm »

K thank yall for the help ill look at the wiki and modder page and tell if I make any thing other than fire breathing fluffy wambler.(my new guard dogs)

...Just make sure there full creatures, not vermin, okay?
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 357