Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 284 285 [286] 287 288 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 422760 times)

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #4275 on: November 04, 2011, 02:49:22 pm »

Oh, that's rather odd. Thanks for that info, though, I had never gotten around to testing it and it was the main thing keeping me from making hostile entities that have very different castes.
I have to wonder if they get some kind of attack penalty under-the-hood, but still, good to know.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4276 on: November 04, 2011, 03:43:08 pm »

Is there a way to make a creature drop a certain weapon, not just any random wep, upon death? I need to know for some creatures for a mod I'm working on. And those creatures need to drop swords. :P

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4277 on: November 04, 2011, 04:14:15 pm »

Is there a way to make a creature drop a certain weapon, not just any random wep, upon death? I need to know for some creatures for a mod I'm working on. And those creatures need to drop swords. :P

[ITEMCORPSE:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SWORD_SHORT:INORGANIC:STEEL] will make them drop a steel short sword on death. I think this might get rid of their actual corpse, too.
Oh, and add [ITEMCORPSE_QUALITY:5] for them to be masterwork, etc.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4278 on: November 04, 2011, 04:22:59 pm »

Yes it does stop the normal corpse from dropping. If you want to have a normal corpse and the weapon the best way might be to make them have a "item" body part that could be harvested during butchery and then a reaction to change that body part into the desired item. It would have the drawback of not being able to give quality levels though.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4279 on: November 04, 2011, 07:51:07 pm »

Hehe...time for free candy swords. If you can kill any of my megas. :P

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4280 on: November 04, 2011, 08:03:37 pm »

Can you make them drop multiple items this way?
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4281 on: November 04, 2011, 10:30:31 pm »

No you can't. IIRC whichever the last [ITEMCORPSE:X] token is will overwrite the previous ones. You could potentially get them to give you multiple items through the butchery method however.
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Nil Athelion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4282 on: November 05, 2011, 12:52:09 am »

I duplicated the human civilization, and made a federation civilization that included all races.  Mostly for the sake of stores selling everything, all types of companions, etc.

However, after world-gen, the federation civilization was composed of a single species.  How do I get multiple species to coexist in an entity.

Also:  Some races consistently die out, and others prosper.  Even in vanilla, the only way I can play with Kobolds is to end history before they all die.

Similarly, one of my races generally never made it past year 100.

What modifies how well a civilization will survive?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4283 on: November 05, 2011, 01:56:14 am »

If multiple entries of the [CREATURE:X] token are given in a entity then the game will pick a random creature for each civ of that entity. If you actually want multiple "creatures" living together you need to set them up as multiple castes in a single creature, which can lead to fun things like an elf marrying a goblin and then giving birth to a dwarf and a human twins.

Dalkar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4284 on: November 05, 2011, 10:33:25 am »

If I wanted to make new ammo types e.g. a bullet, but also with bolts and arrows still in the game, how would I make them appear in quivers? When I played as an adventurer as a crossbowman no bullets were in my quiver when I had one of the new weapons that needed the new ammo.
Also: Any chance of flamethrowers?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 12:01:12 pm by Dalkar »

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4285 on: November 05, 2011, 12:16:33 pm »

Did you remember to add the ammo to the civilization as well as the gun weapon?

As for flamethrowers, the closest you can get is to make ammo out of a material that bursts into flames just under body temperature. And then make a custom reaction that creates that ammo only out of that material. The result is an ammo that is safe to handle (almost always, you might run into some problems in hot deserts) but will burst into flames if it gets stuck in a targeted creature, igniting them as well.

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4286 on: November 05, 2011, 12:37:11 pm »

Did you remember to add the ammo to the civilization as well as the gun weapon?

I believe the problem is with ammo not being placed in quivers and not failing to be there at all.

I think even blowgun darts are screwy like that. I even vaguely recall making a thread about it but not getting any help. Blowguns and darts worked in that dwarven bandits spawned with them, but the darts ended up being held in their hands as opposed to in their quivers. This however seems not to be a problem in dwarf mode.

Dalkar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4287 on: November 05, 2011, 12:53:01 pm »

How would you make a material that ignites on body temp? All I can manage is making it boil/melt :?

Sorry for my newbiness :P

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4288 on: November 05, 2011, 12:55:54 pm »

[IGNITE_POINT:XX]. The average creature body temperature is 10067, so [INGNITE_POINT:10065] should work well. Simply add that tag to the material you want an viola! it works!

Dalkar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4289 on: November 05, 2011, 02:00:59 pm »

Nevermind, typo'd ignite  ::)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 02:11:37 pm by Dalkar »
Pages: 1 ... 284 285 [286] 287 288 ... 357