Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 422870 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #4155 on: October 23, 2011, 07:04:15 am »

Hasn't anybody responded to this yet?

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4156 on: October 25, 2011, 12:45:28 pm »

hello i need a hand in creating a STEAMWORK/Engines and a LIQUIDFUEL system, what i've planned till now is to create a TOOL called "steam engine"(reagent preserved)  then add a berrel of liquor (probably latter changed in distilled alchool) as fuel.
my question are:
i was unable to create a reaction that use a filled barrel and give back an empty barrel of the same material
how i can make sure that a civ always has a TOOL made of specific material at disposition while others don't?
Re: 1000 sgins that you play Dwarf fortress (way) too much
154. When you get the word "adamantine" on your LA vocab, you quickly cross it out and replace it with "cotton candy" and spend the next 10 minutes in fetal position rocking back and forth in fear. (Yes, I actually did this.)
...Wait. Adamantine is real?...
...155. You are no longer sure what metals are real or fictional.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4157 on: October 25, 2011, 01:20:01 pm »

Is it possible to make a weapon that can use 2 skills? I want to make the short sword be either dagger or sword.
Not right now unfortunately with the small exception of making weapons use different skills for melee vs ranged attacks.

is there a tool or utility that allows you to see what names you have already engraved on slabs? or can add jobs to the workshops to engrave slabs for names that don't already have a slab engraved for them ?
Also doesn't exist at the moment.

hello i need a hand in creating a STEAMWORK/Engines and a LIQUIDFUEL system, what i've planned till now is to create a TOOL called "steam engine"(reagent preserved)  then add a berrel of liquor (probably latter changed in distilled alchool) as fuel.
my question are:
i was unable to create a reaction that use a filled barrel and give back an empty barrel of the same material
how i can make sure that a civ always has a TOOL made of specific material at disposition while others don't?
Simply add the [PRESERVE_REAGENT] tag to the end of the barrel reagent and the barrel shouldn't be destroyed when you preform the reaction.
As for the tool usage, you can limit which entities have access to a tool by simply only adding the [TOOL:XX] token to the entity you wish to have access to it. I don't know if having it only made out of a specific material is possible in worldgen however.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

warhamer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4158 on: October 25, 2011, 03:23:58 pm »

I just started basic modding (playing as humans are interesting) and I got the idea of making a zombie mod ( I know there are other mods, like Corrosion). So I started by editing the creatures by changing there tokens and grazing levels, but when I tried looking up how to make an animal give me more usable body parts I wasn't able to find out how. I'm trying to make it so rabbits would give me bones and meat.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #4159 on: October 25, 2011, 03:38:15 pm »

To make rabbits give bones and meat, you need to increase their body size.  They're size 500 as adults right now, which is far smaller than they should be.  Change the lines:

Code: [Select]
[BODY_SIZE:0:0:50]
[BODY_SIZE:1:0:250]
[BODY_SIZE:2:0:500]

to something like:

Code: [Select]
[BODY_SIZE:0:0:500]
[BODY_SIZE:1:0:2500]
[BODY_SIZE:2:0:5000]

and then they'll actually give useable meat when butchered.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

warhamer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4160 on: October 25, 2011, 03:46:14 pm »

Thanks, now I understand it, onto turning the wagon into a truck.  :)
And I failed again trying to make the wagon iron I thought of simply change all the tissues and materials to iron would work but it did not should I make it iron bars instead of just iron this was in creature_equipment.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 03:56:03 pm by warhamer »

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #4161 on: October 25, 2011, 04:00:32 pm »

There's no such thing as 'IRON_TEMPLATE'.  Iron is a material, not a template.

Instead of:

[TISSUE_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:IRON]

use:

[TISSUE_MATERIAL:INORGANIC:IRON]

Also, wagons shouldn't even show up in the current version, and I suspect that making them domestic animals you can embark with is going to break things badly.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

warhamer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4162 on: October 25, 2011, 04:03:42 pm »

Alright thanks again man and I took out the wagon puller token so you have to buy all your animals.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4163 on: October 25, 2011, 05:56:26 pm »

It's something of a workaround, but you could put in the item while making it so that no civilization has access to it.  Then, put in a custom reaction that produces the item out of only the material you want.  Finally, give the civilization access to the reaction, but not the tool.  They'll still be able to use the tool, but only if it's made out of the material you specified.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4164 on: October 25, 2011, 09:21:50 pm »

How can I make an attack be aimed and used from a tissue/material?
Spoiler: Scratch Attack (click to show/hide)
I understand most of it. You need to specify a body part or series of body parts with BY_CATEGORY or BY_TYPE. I think you give a X_TISSUE_LAYER_GROUP after the attack token and specify with the BY_X modifiers to the bodyparts and stick the tissue at the end. You see I've been trying to make a new attack which attacks with the feathers on a wing and the attack just doesn't show up and my modified scratch attack gives me errors about inappropriate format. I'm not even sure what a TISSUE_LAYER_GROUP is or where I'd need to define it so I just gave the attacks new layer_group names.
Spoiler: Slash Attack (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Wing Attack (click to show/hide)
Would anyone tell me what's wrong?
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4165 on: October 25, 2011, 10:06:02 pm »

I'm pretty sure "X_TISSUE_LAYER_GROUP" has to be CHILD. It's not an interchangable thing, it's all one tag.

BY_X also needs to be "CATEGORY" or "TYPE".

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4166 on: October 26, 2011, 05:11:38 am »

OOkay, I'm running out of ideas here. I wanted to specify the Altar of War reactions from Deon's Genesis Mod, to control what weapons they take- to avoid the unfortunate side effect that it uses the lucky Maul of Armok resulting from the previous sacrifice as the new sacrifice. I've tried to make several reactions, one for wooden weapons, one for bone, etc, but it still uses all kind of weapons- this time I tried, 'sacrifice bone weapon' just grabbed a poplar training hammer.
I edited this file where it was:

And edited one of the placeholder reactions into this:

Any help is welcome.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4167 on: October 26, 2011, 06:31:42 am »

I'm pretty sure "X_TISSUE_LAYER_GROUP" has to be CHILD. It's not an interchangable thing, it's all one tag.

Thanks Putnam. Apparently the (first modifier which is usually) By_TYPE has to be what the bodypart with the tissue connects to and decides how many times the attack shows up. So I get one wing swipe on the attack screen, but losing 1 wing doesn't get rid of the attack, I have to lose both  :P Not exactly what I wanted but good enough.

[REAGENT:A:1:WEAPON:NONE:BONE:NONE]
Try [REAGENT:A:1:WEAPON:NONE:NONE:NONE][ANY_BONE_MATERIAL] instead.

[Edit:For Clarity]
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 02:08:52 pm by ArKFallen »
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4168 on: October 26, 2011, 07:15:15 am »

Thanks Putnam. Apparently the By_TYPE has to be what the bodypart with the tissue connects to and decides how many times the attack shows up. So I get one wing swipe on the attack screen, but losing 1 wing doesn't get rid of the attack, I have to lose both  :P Not exactly what I wanted but good enough.

[REAGENT:A:1:WEAPON:NONE:BONE:NONE]
Try [REAGENT:A:1:WEAPON:NONE:NONE:NONE][ANY_BONE_MATERIAL] instead.

Thanks, it appears to be working now!
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

warhamer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4169 on: October 26, 2011, 04:04:23 pm »

Me again, I edited the wagon by changing it to in-organic and iron which didn't work so I changed it to metal and it still did not give me metal when I deconstructed it. I'm suspecting its because of the [BODY_WAGON] tag.
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 357