Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 421642 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #360 on: June 09, 2010, 06:51:50 am »

You must also describe which things they can wear.

On all civs, the list of items they can equip start from 3 line mostly.

[ARMOR:SOMETHING]
[SHOES:SOMETHING_ELSE]

and so on.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

coinich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: June 09, 2010, 06:58:10 am »

Is there a tag of sorts that allows an object to have a detailed description similar to that of an artifact or engraved wall?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: June 09, 2010, 06:59:36 am »

Is there a tag of sorts that allows an object to have a detailed description similar to that of an artifact or engraved wall?

None I heard of. You add 'menacing spikes' or 'hanging rings of something' in-game, via studding, encrusting, decorating etc.

All the results are random and hard-coded.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

coinich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: June 09, 2010, 07:05:10 am »

Shame, I wanted to do the same functionality with etching glass.  Oh well.

Coaldiamond

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: June 09, 2010, 11:58:44 am »

Hey Bay12vers!

So, I'm messing around with a graphics pack, and I have a problem with flashing legendary units and flashing adventurers. If it matters, I'm trying to update a graphics pack from 40d to v0.31. and all the file types are .pngs with a magenta [r255b255g0] color for background

Problem:  Instead of flashing to a lighter shade, legendary units flash between the [stadard graphic + black background] tile and a [standard graphic + blue background]

So, any idea where I'm going wrong here? Do I need to reexamine how textures are applied in v0.31? How are legendary units made to blink anyway?

Thanks in advance guys,
-CD

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: June 09, 2010, 01:54:19 pm »

You must also describe which things they can wear.

On all civs, the list of items they can equip start from 3 line mostly.

[ARMOR:SOMETHING]
[SHOES:SOMETHING_ELSE]

and so on.

I already had that. Though it doesn't really matter since it started working for some reason. Don't know why it didn't before. Thanks for the help anyways.
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: June 09, 2010, 01:58:55 pm »

Has anyone gotten material properties to work with weapons/armor? Not the basic values like max-edge or impact yield, but more esoteric changes like MAT_FIXED_TEMP. I'd like to have my Elemental Metals actually have interesting properties, but so far my tests haven't really shown that giving them fixed temperatures does much in a practical sense.

Anyone got anything interesting with weapons and armor? Or is that still impossible?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: June 09, 2010, 07:27:04 pm »

Is there any way to stop a race from encroaching on the territory of another before world gen is complete? I've done several world gens on small and large scales and noticed that civilizations get wiped out a lot. I didn't have this problem before I introduced my custom species, so I'm guessing the presence of 5 civilizations fighting for the same land is the cause of the problem. I tweaked some settings and have been able to produce large regions with all 5 civs though. However, this has a resulted in two flaws. The first is that the aggressive nature of the civs still exists, so while their expansion is limited they still end up almost wiping out another civilization. Typically I find that either the human or custom civilization expands while dominating the other, to the point of near extinction by the time world gen ends. The second flaw is that large areas of land are left unclaimed. This is probably because of the limitations I imposed on the biomes in which each species can survive.  However without these limitations one species is always wiped out.

So I guess what I'm trying to ask is if there is a way to control one civilizations attacks on another without limiting their ability to expand to new areas.
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

ToaHero92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: June 11, 2010, 02:43:54 pm »

bump

SirHoneyBadger

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware those who would keep knowledge from you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: June 11, 2010, 04:36:12 pm »

Internet Kraken: No, there's no (good/easy/intuitive) way of doing that sort of thing, at this time. In other words, you can't set a certain portion of the worldgen map to "goblin lands, elf lands, dwarf lands" what have you.

Maybe in the future? It would be nice to have some "ancestral homeland" species options available, but these probably won't be terribly map-specific, due to the very randomized nature of current map generation.
For they would be your masters.

AtomicPaperclip

• Bay Watcher
  • Who names their kid dagger anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: June 11, 2010, 06:58:05 pm »

How do I use raw green glass as a reagent?
Dear Toady: Keep up the good work man, we appreciate you and the game beyond words.

Firnagzen

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_INSANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: June 12, 2010, 09:27:03 am »

This has probably been asked before, but I can't find an answer: Is there a way to revert dwarfs back to their old learning speed as in 40d?
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then you kill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.

AtomicPaperclip

• Bay Watcher
  • Who names their kid dagger anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: June 12, 2010, 11:13:17 am »

How do I use raw green glass as a reagent?
Well I found it used in another mod
Spoiler: RAW (click to show/hide)
The first one does not show up on the task list, the second one shows up and makes the correct item (I think, it has the right name), but it doesn't use any reagents. It also has the command 'a' on the task list instead of 'b', anyone know why? Also if I save and reload my building revers to a "Custom Workshop" and it's appearance is screwed up and has no available tasks...

Another problem is I can't embark with booze or fish. Something is seriously messed up and I don't know why.
Dear Toady: Keep up the good work man, we appreciate you and the game beyond words.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: June 12, 2010, 04:26:05 pm »

what does the modding forum has to say about bone weapons, and getting invaders to use them?

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: June 12, 2010, 05:08:44 pm »

Should be [BUILDING:REACTOR_FUSION:CUSTOM_A] and [BUILDING:REACTOR_FUSION:CUSTOM_B].  Don't know if that's causing all (or any) of the problems, though.

Two questions: 
1)  If you leave any standard jobs off the permitted job list of a playable entity, it removes the entire category of jobs, not just the one you left off, right (so leave off butchering, loose all farming related jobs)?  Has a work around been discovered for this problem?

2)  Ranged weapons with ammo of classes other than BOLT doesn't work in Fortress Mode, right?  Has any work-around been discovered for this?

Mods I've done:
Zelda mod-mod, Beta in the Wild DF 47.04
Illithid Empire mod DF 31.25 (update canceled)
Spotter's Guide to Illithids (Genesis mod-mod) genesis 3.19a4 (update canceled)
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 357