Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 423093 times)

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #3375 on: July 26, 2011, 02:52:25 pm »

Could someone please explain what I did wrong with this reaction and how to fix it?

Reaction:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Errorlog:

REAGENT:(name):(quantity) is your problem.  A few of your reagents re-use names or omit them entirely, which the game doesn't like.

Spoiler: Try this... (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 02:56:04 pm by narhiril »

RogueArchivist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3376 on: July 26, 2011, 03:20:26 pm »

Thank you for the help. Now I can finally test the mod.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3377 on: July 26, 2011, 03:27:35 pm »

Just a little problem... I can't seem to find [LITTERSIZE] on the giant tiger. Is it there? What happens if it's not there?

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #3378 on: July 26, 2011, 03:35:04 pm »

There are actually no creatures with [LITTERSIZE] in the default raws, although the [LITTERSIZE] tag does appear to still be valid.  Default litter with no [LITTERSIZE] defined is 1-3.  [MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE] causes a creature to almost always give birth to 1 offspring, although 1-3 are sill possible.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3379 on: July 26, 2011, 03:54:06 pm »

And now for my next question.  I've been working on removing useless body products and seem to have inadvertently broken something to do with the nail.

Excerpt from the error log: (problem found with creature_domestic)
Code: [Select]
DOG:Tissue layer not added because no BP found: BY_CATEGORY:TOE:NAIL
DOG:Attack SCRATCH seems to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added
(This continues for every other creature that uses nails.)

I've already tried comparing the vanilla raws (the creature_domestic, body_default, and b_detail_plan_default) to my own with no luck, as they seem to look identical. (I'm also cursing myself for not having updated my changelog for that particular day.)

So where do I look to fix this?

Repost
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.
(On a picture of cavies):
We see a family of small land rodents.
Dwarfs see masterpiece roasts.

Eldrick Tobin

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: MODDING_UNDWARFY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3380 on: July 26, 2011, 03:57:57 pm »

[LITTERSIZE is quite valid. Many Aspectus Lolin races enjoy [LITTERSIZE:2:8]. Only oddity is it seems like the math is weighted. 6-8 births have been a tad more common than twins and triplets. Bizarre.

--
Eldrick Tobin
Behold the unimpressive Aspectus Lolin mod. || My Little Arachnid Fortress attempt...
I mumble to myself on tumblr... Sometimes about DF Modding.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3381 on: July 26, 2011, 04:08:28 pm »

And now for my next question.  I've been working on removing useless body products and seem to have inadvertently broken something to do with the nail.

DOG:Attack SCRATCH seems to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added

I've already tried comparing the vanilla raws (the creature_domestic, body_default, and b_detail_plan_default) to my own with no luck, as they seem to look identical. (I'm also cursing myself for not having updated my changelog for that particular day.)

This is going to be a problem for every creature with a scratch attack.  You will probably need to remove all of these attacks or modify them to use a different body part that you haven't gotten rid of.  The other error is coming from the line...

[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:TOE:NAIL:FRONT] (or something like it)

...which should be removed, along with any other references to "nail."

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3382 on: July 26, 2011, 04:13:35 pm »

snip snip snip

This is going to be a problem for every creature with a scratch attack.  You will probably need to remove all of these attacks or modify them to use a different body part that you haven't gotten rid of.  The other error is coming from the line...

[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:TOE:NAIL:FRONT] (or something like it)

...which should be removed, along with any other references to "nail."

Humm...  That's strange, because it's likely that I caused the problem by removing something, as I was using rephikul's Intensifying Mod as a guideline for simplifying.  If I were to replace my changed file with a relevant vanilla raw file, which would it be?
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.
(On a picture of cavies):
We see a family of small land rodents.
Dwarfs see masterpiece roasts.

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3383 on: July 26, 2011, 04:15:00 pm »

Just to clarify:  From these errors it looks like you have removed the TOE bodyparts (5TOES is the typical body part id).  Without toes, the NAIL tissue can't be added, and without the toes and the nails both the SCRATCH attack can't be added.

If you want to keep the nails/scratch attacks etc, you'll have to fix the TOE bodyparts.  If you want to remove them completely see narhiril's post above ;).
Mods I've done:
Zelda mod-mod, Beta in the Wild DF 47.04
Illithid Empire mod DF 31.25 (update canceled)
Spotter's Guide to Illithids (Genesis mod-mod) genesis 3.19a4 (update canceled)

RogueArchivist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3384 on: July 26, 2011, 04:44:04 pm »

Can anyone tell me whats wrong with this caste? I cant shear them, and the milk is a: non-edible, and b: called hiveman n/a.

Edit: How do I ensure that my custom plant is available at embark?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 04:45:58 pm by RogueArchivist »

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3385 on: July 26, 2011, 05:06:08 pm »

Can anyone tell me whats wrong with this caste? I cant shear them, and the milk is a: non-edible, and b: called hiveman n/a.

Edit: How do I ensure that my custom plant is available at embark?

It must be present in your home biome and/or available on the FIRST cavern level.

See notes.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 05:14:10 pm by narhiril »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3386 on: July 26, 2011, 06:14:22 pm »

Make sure both the building and reactions are permitted in the entity file.

It is possible that even if you have done everything right, the reactions will not appear.  This sometimes happens with custom workshops when they are not assigned hotkeys (it even happens with the soap maker).

change the two lines of...

[BUILDING:EGG_TO_ROCK_WORKSHOP:NONE]

to (first reaction)...

[BUILDING:EGG_TO_ROCK_WORKSHOP:CUSTOM_S]

and (second reaction)...

[BUILDING:EGG_TO_ROCK_WORKSHOP:CUSTOM_B]

... Also something looks a bit off with your reagent and product lines.  I doubt the game will accept LAID_TROLLGOOSE_EGG as an item class (or if it does, I want to know about it).  I am not familiar with using creature mats in reactions, so I'll need to play around a bit to get it right (I'm guessing it's [REAGENT:A:1:EGG:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:(creature ID):NONE] but I could be wrong).

Haha, I guess I didn't give the whole story :P

GOOSE is an inorganic material. LAID_TROLLGOOSE_EGG is a tool, so I'm not sure if I'm writing that right. I think I may have been an idiot and forgot to include the reactions in the entity >_>

So I did forget to include the reactions in the entity, but the reaction still doesn't work :P
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 06:22:30 pm by Putnam »

Kurnic

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3387 on: July 26, 2011, 07:03:59 pm »

Hi
So Ive been playing DF for like a month now, Ive done some minor modding in that time, and I figured Id sit down and try to make a new race, I think everything is right, but I have noooo friggen Idea how to do anything with the race. They dont show up in Legends, Adventure Mode, or Fortress Mode. I would kinda like to be able to try a fortress out of em =p I based them loosely off the Draco dudes Greiger posted on the first page. So, any help?? Sorry if its like a super common fix, I cant seem to find it X.X

scion-of-fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • All Things Serve the Beam.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3388 on: July 26, 2011, 07:04:49 pm »

How would I go about making it possible for Dwarves to make masks? I would just have to make a custom reaction of some sort, yes?
Long Days and Pleasant Nights, Stranger.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3389 on: July 26, 2011, 07:10:11 pm »

Not even that, just throw    [HELM:ITEM_HELM_MASK:UNCOMMON] (uncommon may be replaced with COMMON) on their entity and they should be able to make them in any of the usual places.

A chance they still won't show up, but it's just the mechanics that sometimes makes high boots not available talking there.  There's a way to override that, but I forget the exact tag.

P.S. A custom reaction would also work if you wanted to do it that way too, but the above method is generally better because it has more backup in other parts of the game that it will show up in.   Unless you wanted to do something unusual of course.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 07:12:04 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 357