Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 420444 times)

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #2820 on: May 16, 2011, 05:24:42 pm »

thanks eldrick i falled spelling work in school so im not the best
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: May 16, 2011, 11:07:37 pm »

A problem I'm hoping a fresh set of eyes can shed some light on...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is not appearing, despite numerous worldgens with varying histories.  Before anyone asks, INORGANIC:ECTO_LFR is defined, and the error log is blank.  This creature is also working fine in the arena.

Kweri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: May 17, 2011, 12:18:26 am »

This is not appearing, despite numerous worldgens with varying histories.  Before anyone asks, INORGANIC:ECTO_LFR is defined, and the error log is blank.  This creature is also working fine in the arena.
Try adding [LARGE_ROAMING]. I don't think (non-vermin) creatures will spawn without it.

A few more things I noticed - "Despite it's flame-like" should be "Despite its flame-like" in the description. NO_EAT and NO_DRINK are in there twice.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: May 17, 2011, 11:42:08 am »

Try adding [LARGE_ROAMING]. I don't think (non-vermin) creatures will spawn without it.

A few more things I noticed - "Despite it's flame-like" should be "Despite its flame-like" in the description. NO_EAT and NO_DRINK are in there twice.

Thank you, this fixed the problem.

Spitfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: May 17, 2011, 02:16:33 pm »

New to editing raws, hope you can answer a small question:
(Already posted in "Little Questions Thread", unfortunately it stayed unanswered.)

I'd like to make goblins weaker & die quicker, at least so that the trade caravan guards can defend themselves against an ambush. In order to achieve that I reduced their size by 50%:

Code: [Select]
   [BODY_SIZE:0:0:1500]
   [BODY_SIZE:1:168:7500]
   [BODY_SIZE:12:0:30000]

Testing in arena shows weaker goblins, what I wanted. Could I run into problems with my raw-editing, or would you agree that this is a legitimate solution to my problem?
Quote from: Rex_Nex
Wanting boobs is primal, not something sparked by the degradation of humanity.

Kweri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2825 on: May 17, 2011, 02:51:48 pm »

The only problem I can think of with reducing their size is that it will limit their weapon choices. Even shortswords have [MINIMUM_SIZE:32500], which means that only the biggest goblins (modified by > 100% height/broadness) will be able to use them.

They can still use (without needing to be exceptionally large for their race): Spears, Crossbows, Bow, Blowguns, Scourges, and Daggers. I haven't cross-checked this list to what their civ is allowed to make.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #2826 on: May 17, 2011, 05:58:53 pm »

Shameless promotion, but it's still modding-related:

~~~~~ Genesis mod, in ASCII tiles, TomiTapio's latest sub-release: ~~~~~
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8967397/Genesis_3.25dTT_ASCII_Bonfires__newmineralsmore_May18.zip

Warlord255's Bonfire workshop and its materials
funky new minerals, especially epidote, biotite (dark mica, iron mica, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annite ) and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapakivi_granite are common
with less gem frequency
masked helm is 100% coverage, all others 85% (except kettle hat 60%)
robes and cloaks coverage nerfed -- were too good versus blunt weapons
bears fight better
giant badgers and badgermen finally have combat skills
and my new animals like the lynx, spirit raven and toughmaterials-farmable pekyt.

wood material "fairwood" (cypress, redcedar, beech), intermediate between regular value 1 and goodwood(oak,mahogany,teak,glumprong etc.) value 3.
new trees which are popular IRL
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Garbles

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:height]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: May 17, 2011, 06:43:25 pm »

I want to make gems into weaponizable materials. Ideally, I want three grades: one each for ornamental, semi-precious, and precious/rare. I want to be sure I'm going aboot it in the cleanest way possible, so I want to get a second or third opinion before I start. For starters, I obviously need to define the materials that the gems will be transmuted into. But I can't really think of a simple way to go from gems to gem-metals. Either:

1: I make a reaction for every kind of gem. This seems like the cleanest way, I suppose, but it also seems like a LOT of typing. And with lots of typing comes lots of typos. Can a reaction accept more than one reagent without requiring all of them? That would make this setup easy peasy.
2: I remove normal gems, and replace them with a few fictional types, so I only have a few actual reactions to mod. I'm not sure that gems would show up properly if there was only a few. However, this has the side benefit of simplifying gem cutting and setting due to there only being 3 types of gems. Having to tell my jewelers to cut each individual type of gem always bugged me.
3: I make three reactions that accept all sorts of gems, requiring some sort of extra reagent to distinguish them. I don't want to do this unless I have to, because I hate it when I'm missing reagents for fun stuff. Also, with this setup, diamond and star sapphire would make the same quality equipment as rock crystal and citrine.

Also, is there a way to make objects produce light?

Kweri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: May 17, 2011, 07:16:17 pm »

Can a reaction accept more than one reagent without requiring all of them?
You can do this with either [REACTION_CLASS] or [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT]. I think the latter would work better for you in this situation.

In the diamond material files, add something like [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:GEM_WEAPON_MAT:INORGANIC:PRECIOUS_GEM_WEAPON_MATERIAL]

GEM_WEAPON_MAT is just the name you'll use to call this later. INORGANIC:PRECIOUS_GEM_WEAPON_MATERIAL would need to be the material token for the material your weapons will be made out of.

You'd add a similar line to the other gems you want to be useable, with INORGANIC:SEMIPRECIOUS_GEM_WEAPON_MATERIAL and INORGANIC:ORNAMENTAL_GEM_WEAPON_MATERIAL where you want them.

In your reaction, you'd have -

[REAGENT:gem:1:SMALLGEM:NONE:NONE:NONE][HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:GEM_WEAPON_MAT]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BAR:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:gem:GEM_WEAPON_MAT]

For the reagent line, if you would rather require an uncut gem, use ROUGH instead of SMALLGEM - or if you want to be able to use ANYTHING made out of a material with the GEM_WEAPON material reaction product just use NONE instead of SMALLGEM (though this would also use, for example, diamond windows).

You could skip a step and instead of making a bar of the gem metal, go straight to a specific weapon with [PRODUCT:100:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SHORT_SWORD:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:gem:GEM_WEAPON_MAT]

EDIT: Typo in reagent line, oops
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 01:17:55 pm by Kweri »

Spitfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: May 18, 2011, 02:23:36 am »

The only problem I can think of with reducing their size is that it will limit their weapon choices.

It's very interesting how many details the game is considering.

Thank you!
Quote from: Rex_Nex
Wanting boobs is primal, not something sparked by the degradation of humanity.

Garbles

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:height]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: May 18, 2011, 08:18:49 pm »

Can a reaction accept more than one reagent without requiring all of them?
(every detail I need to do this mod)

Well geez, don't leave me anything to do, I'd hate to have to try.

Just finished putting everything together. Would have been done sooner, but I have a fatal case of procrastination. I'm gonna post it up in a minute. Thanks for the help!

Headroller

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: May 18, 2011, 08:32:00 pm »

Hi guys.  Probably has been asked before, but I don't really get the search function, so apologies if this has been answered before.

How do I change unit and building/structure tiles?  Is there a general guide or something?

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: May 18, 2011, 09:36:11 pm »

For units, you change the bit of the creature def that looks like:-
[CREATURE_TILE:249][COLOR:2:0:0]
The first value can be an Ascii letter in quotes eg
[CREATURE_TILE:'d'][COLOR:6:0:0]
for dogs

There's a workshop creation program for doing the building tiles, that would be a lot easier than editing the building raw files directly. You can only change a couple of workshops in the raws anyway, most are hard-coded in the exe so you have to create new ones to change anything.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 09:37:56 pm by Reelyanoob »

Random_Physics_Nerd

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: May 19, 2011, 01:16:56 pm »

I tried searching for this, but it came up with every post containing any word that contained the string of letters I was looking for, ever, so that was little to no help. I do appologize if you deal with this question a lot though.

The issue I'm having is making a creature buyable at embark, even though I added a pet, pet value, and common domestic token, along with cutting and pasting it to the bottom of the creature_domestic raw, and even changed the fanciful token to a natural token. But every time I generate a new world, I scour the animal list and the creature isn't there.

Are there tokens that disallow buying at embark I don't know about, or is there a specific syntax I'm not doing right?
Take two magma and call me in the morning.
I was thinking about pumping magma up his legs and having a floodgate in his crotch. What could be more dorfy than pissing magma upon your enemies?

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: May 19, 2011, 02:08:39 pm »

Is it [PET] or [PET_EXOTIC]? Because exotics can't be bought on embark.

If it's not exotic, your civ still needs access to it. Not sure how that actually works, though...
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 357