Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 420446 times)

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #2805 on: May 14, 2011, 04:54:56 pm »

Yeah, Trade Depot trading for all flying merchants is broken because they don't lead their pack animals to the depot.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: May 14, 2011, 05:04:55 pm »

Yeah, Trade Depot trading for all flying merchants is broken because they don't lead their pack animals to the depot.
This might be an issue with traders getting to the depot before their pack animals. Every other trading civ I've interacted with has had their merchants moving at the same pace as the pack animals, almost as if they were helping pull the carts.

Thanks, both of you.  Unfortunately, it looks like I'll just have to axe that idea for the time being.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: May 14, 2011, 10:06:10 pm »

how do you make custom workshops and reactions im been having troubles with my for a while
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

SirHoneyBadger

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware those who would keep knowledge from you.
    • View Profile
Re: Hepatic Wyrm
« Reply #2808 on: May 15, 2011, 12:37:08 am »

My very first original critter. Help, constructive criticisms, and comments are welcome.
Hepatic Wyrm:A gargantuan, and extremely deadly, bloodsucking cross between a dragon and an earthworm that lives deep underground.
Year two full 50 tons size, and baby stage lasts 50 years?
Try [BODY_SIZE:300:0:50000000], full size when reaches sexual maturity. (also... wildlife never ever appears as baby or child stage)

100 citizens requirement I'd reduce to 45-60.
Command some skin/fat/muscle layer thickness perhaps. And tweak the [BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH:90:95:98:100:102:105:110] lines to suit the beast.

Doesn't seem "extremely deadly", its only thing is the 50 tons. Doesn't area-blast a necrosis/paralysis poison. Doesn't leak poison blood.
Doesn't have speed:450 and 6-12 in all skills. A goblin hero is about 8 in all skills.

Thanks TomiTapio! Some good thoughts there.

I can see that the aging factors definitely need work... I'm hoping at some point that ToadyOne will give us an expansion on that, so that critters (especially dragons and other monsters) can develope into more powerful and deadly forms over time, but for now I'll have to settle on a final form.

Well, it's meant to be "extremely deadly" in comparison with vanilla critters, not HFS colossi  8), and I eventually plan to add a syndrome attack, giving it highly poisonous blood/bite (it will suck out potentially all of your blood in a single attack, while injecting you with venom that causes massive bleeding, bruising, and blisters), as well as skin that's a cross between iron, stone, and chitin (or just plain iron, for ease of modding), so taking one down won't be easy. It can also learn, so it will become nastier over time.

"leaking" poison was a thought, but I'd rather hold off on that for use on future critters. Poison blood seems much better, thematically, for the hepatic wyrm.

If that's not enough, I'm kind of considering going Lovecraftian, and giving it a massive fanged mouth, and then sticking three to six tungsten-clawed humanoid arms (and a bunch of eyes) around it's mouth, and letting it equip weapons. That might be a tough thing to mod in, though

I just want to make sure I'm catching all the really obvious initial errors before proceeding with the nastier bits.

Just as a mostly rhetorical aside, I wonder how many livers (and hearts) I could add to the hepatic wyrm?

From what I've read, I'm guessing as long as you have atleast one you're good, but considering that "hepatic" means liver (Hepatic wyrm very basically translates to "liver colored dragon"), it might be fun to mess with that, even though the name comes from this beast simply being the same color as black bronze. Multiple livers and other organs might do something towards adding to the critter's durability, especially since it already lacks bones, save the skull.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 02:10:13 am by SirHoneyBadger »
For they would be your masters.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #2809 on: May 15, 2011, 07:29:18 am »

Is it here I ask questions? I'm using the Creation Forge cheat workshop thingy, and I'm trying to figure out how to make soap without reagents, but man I can't figure it out.

[REACTION:FREE_17]
[NAME:Soap]
[BUILDING:CREATION_FORGE:CUSTOM_W]
[PRODUCT:100:2:BAR:NONE:tallow:SOAP_MAT][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[SKILL:SMELT]

I had trouble with sheeps wool too, but I finally got that one figured out x_x But that also had me thinking, can I make wool out of anything that has hair through that process then?

Also, I wanted to make one giving me blocks, like Malachite blocks or Cobaltite blocks for building, but I can't seem to figure that one out either. Is there a place to better understand these things? Wiki didn't help me much.

Eldrick Tobin

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: MODDING_UNDWARFY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: May 15, 2011, 10:19:20 am »

Is it here I ask questions? I'm using the Creation Forge cheat workshop thingy, and I'm trying to figure out how to make soap without reagents, but man I can't figure it out.

[REACTION:FREE_17]
[NAME:Soap]
[BUILDING:CREATION_FORGE:CUSTOM_W]
[PRODUCT:100:2:BAR:NONE:tallow:SOAP_MAT][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[SKILL:SMELT]

I had trouble with sheeps wool too, but I finally got that one figured out x_x But that also had me thinking, can I make wool out of anything that has hair through that process then?

Also, I wanted to make one giving me blocks, like Malachite blocks or Cobaltite blocks for building, but I can't seem to figure that one out either. Is there a place to better understand these things? Wiki didn't help me much.

Your product line is assuming a reaction line above it. You need something more specific for direct soap making. I've never messed with soap making. Without running off to see if I can toss it in an embark profile and ... wait a sec that's in reaction_other... *fiddles*

[PRODUCT:100:2:BAR:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:DRAGON:SOAP_MAT]
[PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]

since the creation forge already plays with dragon materials. could easily change to cow or draltha or or or. Probably why dragon fat is in there. sure it's a cooking ingredient, but you are more likely to make it the X number of steps to your soap making workshop before it rots if you flash created it from air.

Not tried to make other wools/yarns or say "creature_mat:dwarf:hair" but it's probably just as easy as that material bit right there.... UNTESTED BIT INCOMING

[PRODUCT:100:1:THREAD:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:DWARF:HAIR]
[PRODUCT_DIMENSION:15000]

But that might not work. Might have to tweak things into at least semi-sheerable first (there's that Duwarf mod... they even have milk... that of course... being you are what you eat and they aren't brilliant...)

Blocks:

[PRODUCT:100:1:BLOCKS:NONE:INORGANIC:GRANITE]

Replace granite with whatever.

Any other free object help needed? I have whole buildings dedicated to free reactions...

"Ewww."

'Du-uh I heard that.'
--
Eldrick Tobin
Behold the unimpressive Aspectus Lolin mod. || My Little Arachnid Fortress attempt...
I mumble to myself on tumblr... Sometimes about DF Modding.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #2811 on: May 15, 2011, 10:42:30 am »

Your product line is assuming a reaction line above it. You need something more specific for direct soap making. I've never messed with soap making. Without running off to see if I can toss it in an embark profile and ... wait a sec that's in reaction_other... *fiddles*

[PRODUCT:100:2:BAR:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:DRAGON:SOAP_MAT]
[PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]

since the creation forge already plays with dragon materials. could easily change to cow or draltha or or or. Probably why dragon fat is in there. sure it's a cooking ingredient, but you are more likely to make it the X number of steps to your soap making workshop before it rots if you flash created it from air.

Not tried to make other wools/yarns or say "creature_mat:dwarf:hair" but it's probably just as easy as that material bit right there.... UNTESTED BIT INCOMING

[PRODUCT:100:1:THREAD:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:DWARF:HAIR]
[PRODUCT_DIMENSION:15000]

But that might not work. Might have to tweak things into at least semi-sheerable first (there's that Duwarf mod... they even have milk... that of course... being you are what you eat and they aren't brilliant...)

Blocks:

[PRODUCT:100:1:BLOCKS:NONE:INORGANIC:GRANITE]

Replace granite with whatever.

Any other free object help needed? I have whole buildings dedicated to free reactions...

"Ewww."

'Du-uh I heard that.'

Thanks a lot, and actually, if you have those raws, looking through them and taking what I might like/need/want would be awesome!

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: May 15, 2011, 11:58:44 am »

Hey any help with this work shop it does not appear in the build screen in any of the menus and i cant find out why
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Eldrick Tobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: May 15, 2011, 12:13:16 pm »

*cut*

"Ewww."

'Du-uh I heard that.'

Thanks a lot, and actually, if you have those raws, looking through them and taking what I might like/need/want would be awesome!

Well like I said I have whole buildings. There's the Town in a Box, the Emergency Mood Kit, and for blasting nearly anything out of existence there's the Emergency Feature Obliterator. Recently I put together The Song Altar, and the Curious Altar which attempt to have every reaction for a new type of wood and a new metal respectively.

That's a scad of lines of spoiler tags if you wanted me to inline it... and some pieces aren't in my current uploads - Download links are here - just yet. The Curious Altar being all about metal might have more items to look over. I'll inline it ... if it'll fit.

Perhaps I'll get some pointers about what would work and what's broken without having to test every single bit like I've been trying to. The Altar is for use by evil people. Hence the first two reactions:

reaction_curious_altar.txt

Hopefully that helps in some way. It currently leaves a clean error log and I've made many of the items... none of the clothing or armor just yet however.

Edit:

Hey any help with this work shop it does not appear in the build screen in any of the menus and i cant find out why

Is the building permitted for the Civ in question?

[PERMITTED_BUILDING:GRINDER] in their entity section. And if it is, what's the errorlog.txt file say?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 12:16:16 pm by Eldrick Tobin »
--
Eldrick Tobin
Behold the unimpressive Aspectus Lolin mod. || My Little Arachnid Fortress attempt...

wolflance

• Bay Watcher
  • Not knowing is half the Fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: May 15, 2011, 01:02:14 pm »

Question! (again)

I tried to create a new civ, and after a bunch of tweaking, now it (mostly) works. It is basically a dwarf-variation entity.

But when I play-test my civ using Phoebus graphic pack, all the dwarfs appear as blue globs :'(. Is there any way to fix this? so that the dwarfs will appear as, well, dwarfs.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: May 15, 2011, 01:38:40 pm »

did you change any of the tiles that happened to me once just copy and paste the tiles in to your creature raws.

and eldrick it says

Kweri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: May 15, 2011, 05:06:25 pm »

Question! (again)

I tried to create a new civ, and after a bunch of tweaking, now it (mostly) works. It is basically a dwarf-variation entity.

But when I play-test my civ using Phoebus graphic pack, all the dwarfs appear as blue globs :'(. Is there any way to fix this? so that the dwarfs will appear as, well, dwarfs.

Go into raw\graphics\ and take a look at the file graphics_phoebus_dwarves.txt

You will want to make a copy of this file. Whatever you name it, make sure that is the first line of the file. For example, if you name your copy graphics_mycustomrace.txt, the first line should change to graphics_mycustomrace where graphics_phoebus_dwarves is in the original.

In your copy, change [TILE_PAGE:PHOEBUS_D] to something different, then replace every instance of PHOEBUS_D with whatever you changed it to (find and replace rocks here!).

Finally, change [CREATURE_GRAPHICS:DWARF] to the name of your custom race.

If your entity has different noble names you'll have to do a bit more tweaking, but by looking over the graphic file you should be able to figure out the syntax quite easily.

Eldrick Tobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2817 on: May 16, 2011, 12:09:52 am »

and eldrick it says

That is a decided typo of PERMITTED.
--
Eldrick Tobin

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: May 16, 2011, 12:14:01 am »

Hmmm what happens to Candy Land/HFS if you take out Cotton Candy?
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2819 on: May 16, 2011, 11:10:12 am »

Hmmm what happens to Candy Land/HFS if you take out Cotton Candy?

It becomes unreachable unless you find a circus tent.
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 357