Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 421586 times)

Sagus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #240 on: May 01, 2010, 02:58:40 pm »

Hey guys^^
I think I've found an interesting way to make bronze colossus more reasonable to kill; adding a crystal to their heads that controls their body. Once you shatter the crystal, the colossus die. It depends a bit too much on luck (since you can't aim where your attacks go), but it works perfectly. If anyone is interested...

Add this to the body_default:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Use this bronze colossus entry in the creature_standard file:

The crystal will be made of crystal rock, but you can make it any material you like by changing TISSUE_MATERIAL token. Hope it's useful to someone^^

Ah, I also made an adamantine colossus with this crystal. It's horribly broken even with it, but they are not impossible to kill; if anyone is interested, here it is:

Now, a question!
Is it possible for reactions to produce creatures? I was thinking about making a golem workshop or something. Altough how to make them pets as soon as they are created, I have no idea :P
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 03:33:06 pm by Sagus »

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 01, 2010, 05:58:10 pm »

@Lucas

well, I don't believe size it adjustable for ammo. you could always try making a reaction that uses the mats you want it to use and produce 1 or whatever amount that you want to produce. You may still have the other forge and craftdwarf listings though. you could play with it and try to get crossbows to fire ballista rounds ;)
I'm surprised with how limited modding certain things is!
Also disappointed that all the bugs make my first attempt at a mod pretty much useless right now.

disc smithing? what is... "disc"? is it ammo? toy? Frisbee? what?
In the first post I made I linked to my "disc" mod. Essentially deadly Frisbees. You'll see that I already have my own reactions, which Is why I was surprised to find them listed in the metal/craft workshops as well.
I've done some changes, so I'll just post what I have now:

« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 06:03:20 pm by LucasUP »
OG founder of the Lazy Newb Pack

spikesp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 01, 2010, 09:25:09 pm »

http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Syndrome#Breath_attacks

would it be possable to make a ammo for a catapult or Ballista once hiting the ground or traget it would produce the gas ?

also is it possable to contamenate water with posions

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 01, 2010, 09:46:14 pm »

Hi all! So I have been playing around with entitys some more and trying to get my nobles to work in non playable races. Notably I want one to replace another when the population reaches a certain size. I take some snippits of code from the vanilla raws and get this.

Here are the triggers if you want them.

So is there any reason why this doesn't work? It seems that the knight turns up before a population of 80, and doesn't replace the war lord.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 01, 2010, 10:16:41 pm »

http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Syndrome#Breath_attacks

would it be possable to make a ammo for a catapult or Ballista once hiting the ground or traget it would produce the gas ?

also is it possable to contamenate water with posions

Poisonous catapult ammo.>
Sorta kinda.  Normally when they reach the end of their range if they are flush with the ground they cease to exist when they hit something or hit their target, and catapult and balissta ammo is not effected by physics during their flight so they wouldn't explode mid flight.

The only way I can see it working is if you place the catapult so it aims 1 z level above the ground.  Normally that causes the rock to fall harmlessly to the ground.  But then it does that the rock changes from a projectile back to an item.  When it does that you could have the rock set to boil away at 10016 U, and it should explode into a gas when it reaches that point.  Then just add the gas as an inhaled poison and it's set.  Oh and the catapult would have to be built underground where the temperature is a constant 10015 U to prevent the ammo going off early.  And it wouldn't work when the outside temperature is colder than that.  I imagine it could be done with a balissta too, but it would complicate matters slightly, since you'll need to smith the metal into a head, and the bolt won't be directly hitting the target anyway, so it misses out of the balissta's advantage.

tl;dr impractical, dangerous, and inaccurate but possible.

As for water contaminant poisons, it is highly impractical.  Contaminants seem to dissipate quickly in water.  Something in the water near where you dump the contaminant would probably get effected by a contact poison, but drinking it won't hurt anything, and it wouldn't spread over a significant area.

tl;dr very impractical, MIGHT barely function, wouldn't bother

@Max White
I haven't messed much with positions yet myself, only really doing a couple renames.  But I don't see anything that looks wrong.  Maybe try removing the spouse work exemption from the knight.  It might be getting confused that a knight has a spouse but a warlord doesn't.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 10:28:32 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 01, 2010, 10:25:45 pm »

tl;dr impractical, dangerous, and inaccurate

My god that sounds fun AND fun!

spikesp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 02, 2010, 01:27:39 am »

thanks Greiger

back to the drawing broad for some other posions trap system then  :D

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 02, 2010, 04:26:55 am »

Hey guys!
So I'm trying to use some reactions and I have hit a wall. Most notably I want to use some skills and the skill tokens don't see to be very clear cut. Some seem to work as expected, but others not so much. As such, here is the list of tokens I'm currently trying to use. If anybody could correct any of them, you would be a MASSIVE help.

PLANTER
SURGERY
BUTCHERING
COOKING
DETAILSTONE
METALSMITHING
TEACHING
FISHING
THRESHING

Once again, please and thank you.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 02, 2010, 04:52:48 am »

I know for a fact that COOKING should be COOK (no COOKING token, for that matter, same for a few others). I seems that some skill tokens actually want labor tokens, so you could try SURGEON, BUTCHER, ENGRAVER, METALSMITH, FISHERMAN, and THRESHER or PROCESSPLANTS (probably the latter). Not sure about PLANTER (PLANT?) and TEACHING (LEADERSHIP?).
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 02, 2010, 05:07:00 am »

Brilliant.
I shall attempt that, and maybe I can get something fun up for the forums.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 02, 2010, 05:44:27 am »

Haha, more testing and finaly all I need is the string for metalsmith...

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 02, 2010, 06:36:35 am »

BLACKSMITH, perchance?
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 02, 2010, 06:50:37 am »

Ok, so now I think I'm getting better at this, but still rather tricky and causing bugs. Lets say, for example, I wanted to make war hammers out of any stone. I figure I can do this with a new reaction at the craftdwarf workshop, could anybody post an example of how to do this?

Here is what I'm guessing would work so far...

[REACTION:MAKE_STONE_HAMMER]
   [NAME:Make stone hammer]
   [BUILDING:(something):NONE]
   [REAGENT:A:1:STONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:ITEM_WEAPOM:NONE:ITEM_WEAPON_HAMMER_WAR:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:STONE_MAT]
   [SKILL:STONECRAFT]

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 02, 2010, 08:55:24 am »

Hey, is it possible to mod the rates at which your dorfs get experience from workshops?
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 02, 2010, 08:56:36 am »

Nope.
The popular method is to make then run around gathering plump helmets to slow them down, and there is nothing you can do to speed them up.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 357