Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 419569 times)

Mechanist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #2160 on: March 02, 2011, 04:54:34 pm »

ok, i have this reaction:
Code: [Select]
[REACTION:BASE_METAL]
[NAME:O]
[BUILDING:NONE:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:SILVER][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:TIN][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:COPPER][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:GOLD][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:IRON][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
and i have used it for giving metals to dwarves, humans, goblins and kobolds
but im not sure how to add other lines to the reactions to have hematite/marble/olivine as i want to this especific stones are present in all embark screens no matter what

thanks in advance if someone can give me a hand

EDIT:
[PRODUCT:100:1:STONE:NO_SUBTYPE:STONE:MARBLE]
this is ok?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 05:47:59 pm by Mechanist »

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: March 02, 2011, 08:47:56 pm »

I think you want to add this:
[PRODUCT:100:1:BOULDER:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:MARBLE]

That's how other reactions seem to phrase things.

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: March 02, 2011, 09:17:03 pm »

Does anybody know whether the [AMBUSHPREDATOR] tag is working in current versions? I've stumbled across GCS just ambling around in my caverns. Haven't had anything spring out on me, and the things I mod in with it refuse to make an appearance.

Mechanist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: March 02, 2011, 10:43:40 pm »

thanks, i will try this now

EDIT: no dice
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 10:54:07 pm by Mechanist »

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: March 03, 2011, 05:11:12 am »

Okay, I have "small" entity problem...

I created new creature, called ancient dwarf (edited several stats, like aging, descriptions, attributes and so) and the entity linked to it. Now, I can't get it to show in any world, I have went through the legends several times in about dozen worlds, and no trace of this civilization. So, what's exactly wrong here?

Spoiler: creature (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: entity (click to show/hide)

Could the problem be that both dwarves and ancient dwarves use same starting biome? If that's the case then is there to make at least one ancient dwarf civilization to show up in the world?

FAKEEDIT: I removed part of the entity section in the spoilers, as those have surely nothing to do this problem, as the removed part is identical to the dwarf entity. Otherwise I would have exceeded the character limit of the post

REALEDIT: Forget this question, I got it to work. One token was misspelled. In creature file I had [OBJECT_CRETURE] instead of [OBJECT:CREATURE]. Works now.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 05:34:42 am by Kipi »
Room Values - !!SCIENCE!!

Quote from: zanchito
You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: March 03, 2011, 07:42:30 am »

thanks, i will try this now

EDIT: no dice

What's wrong? the reaction doesn't produce the stone?

Or the civilisations don't have the stones available for trading?

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: March 03, 2011, 03:26:06 pm »

Is it possible to make trees flammable?
Trees are already flammable.  Isn't it possible to ignite them in adventure mode?

Sometimes you get a situation where a tree is next to something hot, but it doesn't ignite because the tree is impassable and the hot thing can't move onto the tree's tile.  Example.

I suppose then that the question I should be asking is whether or not I can make them passable yes? Or is that hardcoded?

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: March 03, 2011, 05:15:25 pm »

Quick question:

Is STATE_NAME_ADJ a combination of STATE_NAME and STATE_ADJ? It seems to be, but I'm not 100% sure.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: March 04, 2011, 02:03:49 am »

This is something a bit different then usual, but while working on my mod I decided to give my race a bit uniqueness by giving them Roman weaponry. I however, don't know much about the tokens exactly, would it be out of line to have someone peek at them in the below spoiler and tell me if they'd make good weapons as is, or due to my misunderstanding of how the tokens work, would make them either pitiful or somehow godly?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: March 04, 2011, 02:37:14 am »

read up on weapon data on the wiki, or maybe just try them out in the arena. If you want them to use multiple bars for the weapons though, multiply your material_size with 450
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Jordan~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: March 04, 2011, 05:05:22 am »

What can the [EDIBLE_RAW] and [EDIBLE_COOKED] tokens be added to? For example, if I were to add them to a thread, would the thread be edible, and furthermore would anything made of the thread be edible?

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: March 04, 2011, 05:09:05 am »

What can the [EDIBLE_RAW] and [EDIBLE_COOKED] tokens be added to? For example, if I were to add them to a thread, would the thread be edible, and furthermore would anything made of the thread be edible?
you can add them to the material definition or material template (not the item definition, dont get confused) And yes if you add them to a thread then everything made from it will be constituted of the same material and subsequently edible.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: March 04, 2011, 11:51:12 am »

This is something a bit different then usual, but while working on my mod I decided to give my race a bit uniqueness by giving them Roman weaponry. I however, don't know much about the tokens exactly, would it be out of line to have someone peek at them in the below spoiler and tell me if they'd make good weapons as is, or due to my misunderstanding of how the tokens work, would make them either pitiful or somehow godly?

I'll use your spear as an example.

Spoiler: tokens (click to show/hide)

None of your weapons look particularly overpowered.  If anything, the pugio might be a bit underpowered.

Also, if you want these weapons to work in game, you can either...

1) add them to the item_weapon.txt file

2) make a new file (my preferred method).  You must make a new item_weapon_roman.txt file and begin with the line:

[OBJECT:ITEM]
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 11:58:37 am by narhiril »

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: March 04, 2011, 12:16:57 pm »

Thanks for the indepth look there narhiril. I know a little bit about modding, it's just I don't know how to really "rate" the values I guess. It's tough for me to tell what makes a weapon powerful or weak, how much contact area is too much or too little, how much penetration to use, etc. etc.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: March 04, 2011, 11:53:38 pm »

2) make a new file (my preferred method).  You must make a new item_weapon_roman.txt file and begin with the line:

As far as I know, the first line has to be the name of the file minus the extension, then the next line should be the OBJECT: definition.
item_weapon_roman

Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 357