Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 419471 times)

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
  • Usstan tlun natha hargluk ssinssriggin ilythiiri!
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #2100 on: February 26, 2011, 11:46:45 pm »

Other problems with .19:

Rhenaya's Thunderbluss: it's ammo indended to be made by specific reaction from a set of metals. Now it shows up in crafts workshop and can be made from bone or wood.

If the ammo is listed as permitted in the entity file, it will show up at the crafts shop.

Remove the listing from the entity file, and use custom reactions to make the ammo.  I don't think you can give custom reactions to the forge, so make a custom building, for example a "shot tower" and put the ammo-making reactions on that.

Removing the ammo from the entity won't prevent your dwarves from using it in fortress mode, although it will cause problems in adventure mode and for caravan guards if the Thunderbluss is listed and the ammo not.

i just updated this mod to use the new container tags for using actual powder in bags instead of blackpowder bars

also: if you read the included readme it states exactly what you need to copy into the entity file, if you do this with the weapon/ammo tag like with crossbows this mod wont work at all because it then handles the weapons just like crossbows without the whole blackpowder hassle, you will be able to make thunderblusses out of any weapon metal, bones or wood and same for the ammo. instead of the normal reactions.

allthough for npc civs (like humies or goblins) you need to add this so the npcs use it
User Profile: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/User:Rhenaya
Mods: http://dffd.wimbli.com/who.php?id=554

From "Angroshs Kinder" Das schwarze Auge Zwergenhandbuch - (Angrosh Children, the dark eye, german pen&paper, dwarven handbook):
"Elves!? Their men dont wear beards, and their women bathe nacked to lure you into the water and drown you. Thank Angrosh they are as ugly as the day and all big and skinny."

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: February 26, 2011, 11:59:36 pm »

If this works, you would only have to add one or two lines of text to each creature, instead of all those other alterations you mentioned. And if doing this by hand sounds too tedious, you might consider searching for some sort of free "text parsing" utility to automatically insert the line(s) of code based on certain conditions. I haven't used one, myself...
But you could try Googling for "text parser download free" or variations thereof. Though the utility would have to be able to insert text or do a text Replace.

Recently, I decided I needed such a tool myself. And I found out the search terms I was looking for was "Batch Text Replace". And here are some free software I found in the results:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anyway, these tools should come in handy for modding a lot of raw files simultaneously. Or even just to search and replace a lot of stuff in a single file. But there is the matter of learning to use it (and, in the case of using regular expressions, learning the expressions).
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 12:02:50 am by Thundercraft »

ammy55

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: February 27, 2011, 01:08:29 am »

Anyway, these tools should come in handy for modding a lot of raw files simultaneously. Or even just to search and replace a lot of stuff in a single file. But there is the matter of learning to use it (and, in the case of using regular expressions, learning the expressions).

ya know notepad++ supports regex and has a find (and replace) in files feature

and on another note it would appear i cannot use "[NATURAL_SKILL:MINING:15]" to start with legendary miners in fortress mode or is there a workaround

Sirdrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: February 27, 2011, 07:17:42 am »

ya know notepad++ supports regex and has a find (and replace) in files feature

and on another note it would appear i cannot use "[NATURAL_SKILL:MINING:15]" to start with legendary miners in fortress mode or is there a workaround

You should be able to i do it all the time ^^ check you have spelt it right and is in right area

Fullmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Elfless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: February 27, 2011, 08:27:21 am »

i just updated this mod to use the new container tags for using actual powder in bags instead of blackpowder bars

also: if you read the included readme it states exactly what you need to copy into the entity file, if you do this with the weapon/ammo tag like with crossbows this mod wont work at all because it then handles the weapons just like crossbows without the whole blackpowder hassle, you will be able to make thunderblusses out of any weapon metal, bones or wood and same for the ammo. instead of the normal reactions.

allthough for npc civs (like humies or goblins) you need to add this so the npcs use it

Ok, will try. Any idea about burning remains?
Quote from: Fishbulb
I got an artifact cave spider silk sock this morning. It's worth 5,720 dwarfbucks, and it doesn't menace with spikes of anything.
Dwarfs don't have issues.  Dwarfs merely have inspiration for the legendary artifact they will one day make.
Quote from: Urist son of Urist
Considering the general state of DF, I think Einstein and Newton are already rotating fast enough that you could hook them up to pumps and use them to kill Elves.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: February 27, 2011, 08:33:32 am »

Two little things.

[BODY:HUMANOID:2EYES:2EARS:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:2HEAD_HORN:HUMANOID_JOINTS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:SKULL:5FINGERS:5TOES:MOUTH:FACIAL_FEATURES:TEETH:RIBCAGE]
I took the dwarven BODY tag and added the bolded bit. That should just give them two horns on their head, and not do anything weird and unexpected, right? (in particular, it doesn't matter where I put 2HEAD_HORN within the BODY tag, does it?)

And if I want my modded creature to have multicolored blood, how would I do that? Hello there, castes! If I put [NOCTURNAL] in the main creature definition and [DIURNAL] into a caste, will they combine to bizarre effect or will the caste overwrite the main?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 12:26:22 pm by billybobfred »
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: February 27, 2011, 12:45:53 pm »

Shouldn't do anything weird.

Where you put body parts in the BODY tag determines where they are on the wound list.

You must put body parts after the part they attach to (for example, 2HEAD_HORN attaches to the head, so it must appear after the head in the BODY tag.  Dwarves' heads are declared as part of HUMANOID, so 2HEAD_HORN has to be somewhere after HUMANOID.  Like you have it).
Mods I've done:
Zelda mod-mod, Beta in the Wild DF 47.04
Illithid Empire mod DF 31.25 (update canceled)
Spotter's Guide to Illithids (Genesis mod-mod) genesis 3.19a4 (update canceled)

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: February 27, 2011, 01:42:57 pm »

If I give one of my castes AMPHIBIOUS, will that be sufficient to make them land- and sea-capable? Or will I have to give them swimming as a natural skill to avoid some kind of issues or another?
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: February 27, 2011, 02:12:21 pm »

It won't make any difference either way - dwarf AI forces them to avoid water whenever possible (they consider it "dangerous terrain".

On a non-player civ it'd work, and they'd path correctly and such.

ammy55

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: February 27, 2011, 02:58:39 pm »

You should be able to i do it all the time ^^ check you have spelt it right and is in right area

whats the right area i have it between [DIURNAL] & PROFESSION_NAME in creature_standard
http://pastebin.com/e2AP2Y7G natural skill tags start at line 274

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: February 27, 2011, 03:23:05 pm »

Natural skill and playable entities don't quite interact nicely. In adventure mode, I've found that not allocating any skill points to a natural skill allows the natural skill tag to act normally, but allocating skill points to it overwrites that value. The same may be true in fortress mode, but I admittedly haven't tested that myself.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: February 27, 2011, 03:26:30 pm »

I could be wrong, but I thought it was asking for raw experience values, which would mean you need 20000 for Legendary, or 29000 for Legendary+5. 15 would be just into Dabbling.

Are all your dorfs Dabbling in all their stuff? Or is it just mining that doesn't get to be Legendary?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: February 27, 2011, 03:30:46 pm »

Nope, natural skill asks for skill level, not experience.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Sirdrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: February 27, 2011, 03:34:53 pm »

whats the right area i have it between [DIURNAL] & PROFESSION_NAME in creature_standard
http://pastebin.com/e2AP2Y7G natural skill tags start at line 274
Try under the CREATURE_SOLDIER_TILE:2

ammy55

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: February 27, 2011, 04:04:52 pm »

can someone direct me to the corner of shame it seems i forgot to make a new world after changing the raws
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 357