Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 419436 times)

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #1185 on: November 28, 2010, 06:38:04 pm »

The actual rock is named COAL_ROCK, and not COAL, correct?
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Saetar33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: November 28, 2010, 06:43:31 pm »

Yes, here's the raws.

[OBJECT:INORGANIC]

[INORGANIC:COAL_ROCK]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STONE_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:coal][DISPLAY_COLOR:0:0:0][TILE:15]
[ENVIRONMENT:SEDIMENTARY:VEIN:500]
[ITEM_SYMBOL:15]
[SPEC_HEAT:409]
[IGNITE_POINT:11440]
[MELTING_POINT:NONE]
[BOILING_POINT:16708]
[SOLID_DENSITY:1346]
[IS_STONE]

EDIT: Still haven't figured out what to do.  I tried putting in other reactions that can be used in said furnace, too.
I wonder... does the reaction thing's first line have to be reaction_furnace perhaps?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 07:58:24 pm by Saetar33 »
"Dug too deep...What the creep! What the hell is that?? Oh WHY'S IT COMING STRAIGHT AT US! Oh Urist IT'S THAT CAT . . " Magma bells outtake.    "Again, THIS HAS BEEN AGREED BETWEEN 2 RPers! EILWOOD DO NOT FIRE YOUR LAZER I REPEAT DO NOT FIRE YOUR LAZOR!"  I'm Eilwood.  :3  Nice to meet you too.  "BAAAAAAH"

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: November 29, 2010, 10:53:48 pm »

Wow, that took a long time. Well, I updated the old modding guide, just so I don't have to go through this sort of conversation again, at least not to such length.

The new page is here. Yes, I know I forgot workshops. It's not done yet. I'll get back to it later.

neek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: November 30, 2010, 12:54:14 am »

Alright. I am currently working on a new project, Tier 2 Workshops, which extends the functionality and depth of masonry and carpentry. In the Tier 2 Masonry Workshop, each reaction should generate gravel, stored in a bag.

This is the reaction:
Code: [Select]
[REACTION:CUT_BRICKS]
[NAME:cut rocks into bricks]
[REAGENT:A:1:STONE:NO_SUBTYPE:NONE:NONE]
[REAGENT:B:1:BOX:NONE:NONE:NONE][EMPTY][BAG][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[PRODUCT:100:3:BLOCKS:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BOULDER:GRAVEL:NONE:NONE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:B]
[BUILDING:GRAVELER:CUSTOM_O]
[SKILL:MASONRY]

I've created an inorganic entry,
Code: [Select]
[INORGANIC:GRAVEL]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STONE_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL:gravel]
[DISPLAY_COLOR:7:1:1][TILE:'%']
[SOLID_DENSITY:2787]
[IS_STONE]
[HARDENS_WITH_WATER:INORGANIC:CONCRETE]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:1]

Pulling the reaction generates a bag containing "powder." I altered the reaction to just create the stone and put in the bag, instead of the power. It generated "stones."  Which, although close, isn't wrong.  I take it's not as straightforward as this, is it?

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: November 30, 2010, 03:11:52 am »

[REACTION:CUT_BRICKS]
   [NAME:cut rocks into bricks]
   [BUILDING:GRAVELER:CUSTOM_O]
   [REAGENT:A:1:BOULDER:NONE:NONE:NONE]
   [REAGENT:B:1:BOX:NONE:NONE:NONE][EMPTY][BAG][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
   [PRODUCT:100:3:BLOCKS:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:POWDER_MISC:NONE:INORGANIC:GRAVEL][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:B]
   [SKILL:MASONRY]
Should work.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

neek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: November 30, 2010, 08:52:26 pm »

That... actually breaks it. I get nothing; switching to BOULDER:NO_SUBTYPE + POWDER_MISC:NONE:INORGANIC:GRAVEL (which is what I meant to post, but I was using STONE:NO_SUBTYPE). Apparently, there is a difference! One where materials aren't always transfered. Well, that's fine and good then.

Now, time to work on the reaction that can convert it into concrete.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: December 01, 2010, 02:48:30 am »

That's weird. I basically copied the reaction for plaster except the bit that didn't work for you. So NONE and NO_SUBTYPE are different which is news for me.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: December 01, 2010, 10:00:33 am »

There's one thing in DF modding that has continued to trouble me, and attempts to learn how to do it on my own have failed. I have to ask; how do you make a functioning creature that is a plant? I know people have made plant creatures before, but the process invovled in making them actual plants seems much harder than, say, making a creature out of stone.
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: December 01, 2010, 10:04:54 am »

I wouldn't say "harder than making something out of stone", personally. They require a bit of tissue layering (skin/bark -> various fleshy bits), but probably less than a mammal does. Was there any specific aspect you were having trouble with?

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: December 01, 2010, 11:09:00 am »

I wouldn't say "harder than making something out of stone", personally. They require a bit of tissue layering (skin/bark -> various fleshy bits), but probably less than a mammal does. Was there any specific aspect you were having trouble with?

I can't figure out the tissue system I guess. I learned most of my knowledge of creautre modding by examining the creatures in vanilla Dwarf Fortress. However, at the moment the only vanila plant creaturea are plump helmet men, and even then their tissues seem strange.
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: December 01, 2010, 11:15:09 am »

There's nothing particularly odd about plump helmet men - if you're having trouble with the tissue system itself, I suggest you check out the creatures section of the modding guide I linked to above. As I haven't gotten around to talking about the caste system yet, pretty much the entire section is explaining how tissues work.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 11:17:42 am by 3 »

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: December 01, 2010, 04:01:48 pm »

Is there some problem with huge custom workshops, that I wasn't aware of? If I try to make them around 13x13, the blueprint tends to wrap around the DF window, and crash the game a few minutes later - faster if I try to fullscreen.

EDIT: Errorlog shows nothing. 10x10 Workshops wrap around a wee bit, but don't seem to crash the game.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 04:10:00 pm by Lancensis »

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: December 01, 2010, 04:30:34 pm »

You should probably make a bug report.

LordBistian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: December 01, 2010, 06:10:32 pm »

Well shit, not sure if this topic is for Tileset Modding but...

Modified Tileset explodes colors.
I tried to replace 166 ª with a purty pillar tile and now the whole shit exploded into colors.
Even when I try to use any other tileset.   

Saetar33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: December 01, 2010, 09:43:03 pm »

Guys, I still can't figure out why the 'eck that reaction will not work.  I regenned the world, I just cloned and changed the blasted name of the bituminous coal entry, and then I simply cloned and changed the used building an' everything for the reaction, and it....
still....
refuses....
to...
work. >.<

EDIT: derp.  Usually, having no fuel at first is a bad thing.  In this case, the source of the problem is that I didn't have a fuel source for the first smelting...
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 09:59:04 pm by Saetar33 »
"Dug too deep...What the creep! What the hell is that?? Oh WHY'S IT COMING STRAIGHT AT US! Oh Urist IT'S THAT CAT . . " Magma bells outtake.    "Again, THIS HAS BEEN AGREED BETWEEN 2 RPers! EILWOOD DO NOT FIRE YOUR LAZER I REPEAT DO NOT FIRE YOUR LAZOR!"  I'm Eilwood.  :3  Nice to meet you too.  "BAAAAAAH"
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 357