Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 419410 times)

Saetar33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #1155 on: November 28, 2010, 10:34:31 am »

That's epic win.
They friggin blast each other with fire.
:P  watch out, dwarves.  Just cage about 40 of these and when seiges come... :D

Anyways, I'm good on attacks; those are pretty simple to understand, and I'll just look at the raws for them.

But what about butchery and stuff like that?  I want these guys to give something suitable when they are butchered...like, maybe the gases solidify to a steel bar or something?
"Dug too deep...What the creep! What the hell is that?? Oh WHY'S IT COMING STRAIGHT AT US! Oh Urist IT'S THAT CAT . . " Magma bells outtake.    "Again, THIS HAS BEEN AGREED BETWEEN 2 RPers! EILWOOD DO NOT FIRE YOUR LAZER I REPEAT DO NOT FIRE YOUR LAZOR!"  I'm Eilwood.  :3  Nice to meet you too.  "BAAAAAAH"

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: November 28, 2010, 10:39:39 am »

The best you can do there is to give them an ITEMCORPSE line. ITEMCORPSE:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:STEEL should work. This'll result in them just leaving steel bars behind instead of corpses.

Saetar33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: November 28, 2010, 10:42:40 am »

Allright, I'm guessing I put that before the castes....

Well, that's that part.  I'm curious, though, about value multiplier.  Where would I put that? (I want x2)
"Dug too deep...What the creep! What the hell is that?? Oh WHY'S IT COMING STRAIGHT AT US! Oh Urist IT'S THAT CAT . . " Magma bells outtake.    "Again, THIS HAS BEEN AGREED BETWEEN 2 RPers! EILWOOD DO NOT FIRE YOUR LAZER I REPEAT DO NOT FIRE YOUR LAZOR!"  I'm Eilwood.  :3  Nice to meet you too.  "BAAAAAAH"

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: November 28, 2010, 10:48:07 am »

That's handled at the material level now, so you'll want to add MATERIAL_VALUE:x to whichever of the declared materials. Not that it matters if you're using ITEMCORPSE.

Saetar33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: November 28, 2010, 10:52:28 am »

I see, thank you.
Well, did we miss anything on creatures?

EDIT:  I meant that as a joke.  :P

I'm probably gonna try to make a blast furnace, next.  Buildings seem relatively easy, except there's no raws file for them, oddly.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 10:56:39 am by Saetar33 »

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: November 28, 2010, 10:59:18 am »

Did you manage to get those attacks to work? Without a fully physical tissue, they seem unable of even hitting me to any effect. That doesn't stop them from throwing flames around, of course.

Saetar33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: November 28, 2010, 11:01:57 am »

Yeah, I added a few tags from the bronze colossus. (Mind you, I just copied his punch attack, but used fire instead.  It doesn't friggin murder anything in oneshots. :P)

Saetar33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: November 28, 2010, 11:27:45 am »

Okay, well, I'm having a bit of trouble understanding the [COLOR:#:#:#] token.
What number does what?

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: November 28, 2010, 11:29:12 am »

This page should help.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: November 28, 2010, 11:37:17 am »

I have two problems right now and hopefully I can get some help.

Firstly with toughening up the layer of chitin on my modified antmen. I want the soldiers to have hides comparable to bronze armour. I tried adding a new tissue template:
Code: [Select]
[TISSUE_TEMPLATE:TOUGH_CHITIN_TEMPLATE]
[TISSUE_NAME:tough chitin:NP]
[SCARS]
[TISSUE_MATERIAL:INORGANIC:BRONZE]
[RELATIVE_THICKNESS:1]
[HEALING_RATE:100]
[VASCULAR:0]
[PAIN_RECEPTORS:1]
[CONNECTS]
[CONNECTIVE_TISSUE_ANCHOR]
[STRUCTURAL]
[TISSUE_SHAPE:LAYER]
[SETTABLE]
[SPLINTABLE]

And a new body detail plan:
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:TOUGH_CHITIN]
[ADD_TISSUE:CHITIN:TOUGH_CHITIN_TEMPLATE]

Then added that detail plan to the soldier caste:
[SELECT_CASTE:ALL]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:CHITIN_MATERIALS]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:CHITIN_TISSUES]
BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:INSECT_TISSUES]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:EXOSKELETON_TISSUE_LAYERS:CHITIN:FAT:MUSCLE]
[SELECT_CASTE:SOLDIER]
Unfortunately I can't tell any difference in the arena mode; Copper spears still pierce them with ease.

Secondly I want to remove all arteries and blood vessels from the chitin, muscle, and fat of my creatures. Currently I've been trying the following with no luck:
[SELECT_TISSUE:CHITIN]
[PAIN_RECEPTORS:1]
[SELECT_TISSUE:MUSCLE]
[SELECT_TISSUE:FAT]
I also tried adding my own new insect muscle type without the vascular token at all but still I opened arteries in the arena.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 11:47:24 am by Vattic »
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Saetar33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: November 28, 2010, 11:44:18 am »

So for my blast furnace, it's supposed to be like

[clear:clear:clear:clear:clear]
[clear:dark grey:dark grey:dark grey:clear]
[red:dark grey:red:dark grey:clear]
[red:dark grey:dark grey:dark grey:clear]
[red:red:dark grey:clear:clear]

at the end of the build processes.
except the massive amounts of 0's are confuzzling me, I don't know which value is which. :l

If you want, I'll copypaste the works of what I've got so far.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: November 28, 2010, 11:48:52 am »

[TISSUE_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BRONZE]

You should be able to use INORGANIC:BRONZE for this; no need to declare the bronze mat in the creature.

Then added that detail plan to the soldier caste:

You've declared TOUGH_CHITIN as a tissue, but the creature isn't actually using it. The approach I'd take would be something along the lines of:

[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:CHITIN_MATERIALS]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:CHITIN_TISSUES]
[SELECT_CASTE:SOLDIER]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:EXOSKELETON_TISSUE_LAYERS:TOUGH_CHITIN:FAT:MUSCLE]
[SELECT_CASTE:WORKER]
[SELECT_ADDITIONAL_CASTE:DRONE]
[SELECT_ADDITIONAL_CASTE:QUEEN]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:EXOSKELETON_TISSUE_LAYERS:CHITIN:FAT:MUSCLE]

Edit: Wait, I'm stupid. The other possibility is that the game doesn't like you declaring a tissue and then another one with the same ID, in which case my above method would still work.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 11:53:17 am by 3 »

Saetar33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: November 28, 2010, 11:54:35 am »

Well, here is what I have so far.  I know I be missing something at the bottom; it's supposed to be made with 3 bars of metal.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: November 28, 2010, 12:07:17 pm »

Cheers 3 I had assumed the normal chitin layer would be automatically replaced with my tough version. As for the INORGANIC:BRONZE bit I realised that just after posting the topic and after changing and testing it edited my post only to realised you'd already spotted the error. It's working fine now but I still need make my own material rather than using bronze.

edit: Using what you suggested I also made new fat and muscle tissues which have no [VASCULAR:X] tokens and replaced the normal fat and muscle in the same way as when replacing chitin with tough chitin. Thanks again.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 12:25:18 pm by Vattic »
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Saetar33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: November 28, 2010, 12:29:10 pm »

Odd.  I cannot build said furnace.
Do I need to add it to the entity text file?
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 357