Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: How the heck is he carrying that?  (Read 18009 times)

DarthCloakedDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCloaked
    • View Profile
Re: How the heck is he carrying that?
« Reply #120 on: April 28, 2010, 11:31:21 pm »

THAT is awesome.
Yes. Clearly a bug that ought to be fixed in the future, but exploit it in the meantime.

Aescula: *snerk*  Just thought of a picture I saw a long tome ago...
Darth Guy: A long, long tome ago, in a library far, far away?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 28, 2010, 11:33:11 pm »

Cave whales would run really fast on 2 disproportionately small and short legs widening tunnels to sizes loved by dwarves.  Dwarves would sing their praise for making the caverns wide enough to live in WHILE humming sounds that travel for hundreds of miles through the tunnels.  Talk about ambiant noise.

o_O  But then I would have to find a way to drop them into the underworld to see what would happen...

I was thinking cave whales would be cooler if they looked like the earlier cloverfield concepts
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
But on a smaller scale.
on that note, has anyone seen a whale-monster forgotten beast?

/derailment, hopefully. If anybody is interested i could start a topic in the modding section.

We called it Sin.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 28, 2010, 11:34:37 pm »

Cave whales would run really fast on 2 disproportionately small and short legs widening tunnels to sizes loved by dwarves.  Dwarves would sing their praise for making the caverns wide enough to live in WHILE humming sounds that travel for hundreds of miles through the tunnels.  Talk about ambiant noise.

o_O  But then I would have to find a way to drop them into the underworld to see what would happen...

I was thinking cave whales would be cooler if they looked like the earlier cloverfield concepts
But on a smaller scale.

/derailment, hopefully. If anybody is interested i could start a topic in the modding section.

We called it Sin.

As the Final Fantasy fan I am, I kinda see the resemblance.  :o

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 28, 2010, 11:36:27 pm »

But on a smaller scale.

We called it Sin.

As the Final Fantasy fan I am, I kinda see the resemblance.  :o

Oh come on, the parasites that came from the cloverfeild monster were nothing but sinspawns! They ripped off FFX so hard.  :P

Odd!x

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 29, 2010, 01:37:14 am »

No, that was in a 'future of Earth if we left/went extinct' (bc they don't believe in any future as long as we live, fucking elves) show.
Which also generates some cool ideas for new creatures.
I can't remember the name of it, there have been like two-three similar ones.

Expedition, which took place on the planet Darwin IV, amirite?
We are who we are, depending on who we were.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 29, 2010, 02:47:24 am »

No, it had two different planets in it, this thick atmosphere one with everything flying and the mile-high trees and another with solar flare issues.

Gotta find the damn name >:( I thought it was just alien planet or something, but that's the one you're talking about.
derp.
It's: National Geographic Channel; Extraterrestrial; Blue Moon
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 02:50:49 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

killfalcon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 01, 2010, 09:18:17 am »

What do you mean, World Gen Info?

You can get a seed for your world generation, so other people can get to see the same world in their DFs. This will allow others to perform fresh water ocean Science!.

Awesome, innit.
To find the seed, go into your DF folder, and open 'gamelog' in a text editor (Word, notepad, whatever). If you've only done world generation once, the seed will be right at the top of the file. Otherise, just ctrl-F to find the phrase "Generating world", and the seed will be directly below it.

Mind out, though, the file can be huge, and may take a few moments to open depending on your system and how much announce spam you've had while playing.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 01, 2010, 09:21:21 am »

Yea, dwarf fortress has got to be the only game EVER with a game log about 100 times the size of the game.

I make a point of deleting mine often.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]