Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: How the heck is he carrying that?  (Read 18022 times)

SlipshodDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How the heck is he carrying that?
« Reply #105 on: April 23, 2010, 09:27:21 pm »

Since this is already fantasy land, you might as well have Sky Wales!

And Sky Sharks!

Someone should mod in flying whales

I can't help but think "Oh no, not again"

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 28, 2010, 08:43:58 pm »

Flying whales would be hilarious. I think I'll do this right now. They'll be like those ones off that one alien planet hypothesizing documentary. I'll add in the 3-eyed bat things that feed on them and the floating plant sucking jellyfish things too. The carnivorous tree things would be cool, but no idea how to do it.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 28, 2010, 08:50:09 pm »

Flying whales would be hilarious. I think I'll do this right now. They'll be like those ones off that one alien planet hypothesizing documentary. I'll add in the 3-eyed bat things that feed on them and the floating plant sucking jellyfish things too. The carnivorous tree things would be cool, but no idea how to do it.

Just for the record, that are about 5 alien races you could be describing right now, most of all being the Zerg.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 28, 2010, 08:55:16 pm »

Carnivorous trees...you could sorta do that.

Make a creature out of wood, and give them some horrible speed. If they move once every three years, and breed every year, it would be the closest thing we have to a seeding forest atm
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 28, 2010, 08:58:57 pm »

Just for the record, that are about 5 alien races you could be describing right now, most of all being the Zerg.

Well i was meaning these ones

Carnivorous trees...you could sorta do that.

Make a creature out of wood, and give them some horrible speed. If they move once every three years, and breed every year, it would be the closest thing we have to a seeding forest atm

Very good plan. Will do, actually.
Don't know if they could really be considered wood though, looked more or less like animals.
I could give them PHM tissue for the sake of making them a dangerous but usable resource?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 09:04:10 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 28, 2010, 09:01:23 pm »

Ok, double posting was unusually stupid (which isn't unusual for me), sorry.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 09:03:38 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 28, 2010, 09:03:11 pm »

OOOH, you mean with the giant squids, the flish and the hopping snails.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 28, 2010, 09:05:50 pm »

OOOH, you mean with the giant squids, the flish and the hopping snails.
No, that was in a 'future of Earth if we left/went extinct' (bc they don't believe in any future as long as we live, fucking elves) show.
Which also generates some cool ideas for new creatures.

I can't remember the name of it, there have been like two-three similar ones.
I make Spellcrafts!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 28, 2010, 09:07:58 pm »

Oh, well then I haven't seen it.
Don't have the discovery channel you see, else I wouldn't use my computer as much as I do.  :P

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 28, 2010, 09:18:01 pm »

Sky whales doesn't seem quite dwarfy to me; cave whales seems more appropriate with dwarves loving them for their humming songs. Because, really, who doesn't like hums, hums in the deep?

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 28, 2010, 09:27:17 pm »

you could make their bones out of wood?
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 28, 2010, 09:51:33 pm »

I would feel sorry for cave whales.  I imagine they would basically just be some large immobile lump of flesh completely incapable of moving because it grew to full size in a small cavern where all the exits were too small.

"You have struck Cave Whale!"
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 28, 2010, 10:00:00 pm »

you could make their bones out of wood?

good point.

Should names be contractions of the dwarven words that best fit their description? ie: Sky-whale->Gigilosh, contraction of gigintatlosh-> fly(ing)-fish or anrilosh > sky-fish
And Devil-wasp (the bird things remind me of wasps since they were bug like and had 'colonies') -> Zagathtak
Much less boring I think.

I would feel sorry for cave whales.  I imagine they would basically just be some large immobile lump of flesh completely incapable of moving because it grew to full size in a small cavern where all the exits were too small.

"You have struck Cave Whale!"

"MOOoooaaarrn"
I make Spellcrafts!

Umi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 28, 2010, 10:06:26 pm »

Cave whales would run really fast on 2 disproportionately small and short legs widening tunnels to sizes loved by dwarves.  Dwarves would sing their praise for making the caverns wide enough to live in WHILE humming sounds that travel for hundreds of miles through the tunnels.  Talk about ambiant noise.

o_O  But then I would have to find a way to drop them into the underworld to see what would happen...

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 28, 2010, 10:14:50 pm »

Cave whales would run really fast on 2 disproportionately small and short legs widening tunnels to sizes loved by dwarves.  Dwarves would sing their praise for making the caverns wide enough to live in WHILE humming sounds that travel for hundreds of miles through the tunnels.  Talk about ambiant noise.

o_O  But then I would have to find a way to drop them into the underworld to see what would happen...

I was thinking cave whales would be cooler if they looked like the earlier cloverfield concepts
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
But on a smaller scale.
on that note, has anyone seen a whale-monster forgotten beast?

/derailment, hopefully. If anybody is interested i could start a topic in the modding section.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 10:29:51 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9