Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mandate and noble haters: read  (Read 616 times)

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mandate and noble haters: read
« on: April 09, 2010, 06:20:30 pm »

Just so those of you who really hate mandates know, I believe the new raws let you modify how many mandates or demands a noble can make.

In entity_default, under most [POSITION:XXXX] titles, there will be a [DEMAND_MAX:#] and/or a [MANDATE_MAX:#]. I believe these to be a yearly limit for mandates and demands.

I have currently set mine all to 0, just because I hate mandates so damn much, as funny as it is so have half my fort in jail.

Also, there are a few interesting tags, such as [MENIAL_WORK_EXEMPTION], [MENIAL_WORK_EXEMPTION_SPOUSE], and [PUNISHMENT_EXEMPTION]. I think it's very obvious what these do, but I just wanted to share some of my findings with everyone.

I'm really sorry if these had already been posted.
Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Mandate and noble haters: read
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 06:23:28 pm »

They were not posted but they are pretty obvious.

I wonder what if you modded in a noble called "amnestied" and gave it [PUNISHMENT_EXEMPTION]. Then, what if you assigned a dwarf to it AFTER HE HAD BEEN ACCUSED in something. Would it cancel the accusation? It would be a cool way to avoid beatings/jail while having mandates in.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Ilmoran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 07:59:44 pm »

They were not posted but they are pretty obvious.

I wonder what if you modded in a noble called "amnestied" and gave it [PUNISHMENT_EXEMPTION]. Then, what if you assigned a dwarf to it AFTER HE HAD BEEN ACCUSED in something. Would it cancel the accusation? It would be a cool way to avoid beatings/jail while having mandates in.

Wouldn't it be more effective to just slap that in the dwarf entry of entity_default (rather than in the dwarf castes).  Then you just have a completely law-immune society!

soul4hdwn

• Bay Watcher
  • make due with what you have
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 09:06:19 pm »

Wouldn't it be more effective to just slap that in the dwarf entry of entity_default (rather than in the dwarf castes).  Then you just have a completely law-immune society!
it goes in entity anyways because thats where the nobles are classified (at the end of a civ)