Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17

Author Topic: 2010 General Elections. America has a black man. We have a gay couple.  (Read 15282 times)

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 General Elections. UK's time to shine.
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2010, 06:59:40 am »

Quite frankly, our economy would collapse without Polish immigrants.  They tend to do jobs noone else wants.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2010, 07:00:42 am »

Huesoo, shut up.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Pathos

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2010, 07:50:38 am »

Is this a coincidence?

Yeah, probably.
!!&!!

Pathos

« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2010, 07:52:32 am »

Is this a coincidence?

Yeah, probably.

Polish, Pokémon. Coincidence? I think not!

Clearly, the Japanese are telling us we should USE THE POLISH to power the world!

Vitamin P

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2010, 08:03:59 pm »

I was reading in the morning paper about how they've just introduced television debates between leaders in England. Apparently everything is set up for maximum decorum, so no booing or hissing from the audience, no "worm", etc. All well and good but I remember seeing the BNP "debate" on BBC a while back, which was hands down the most disgraceful thing I've ever seen on television, nothing more than an ideological lynch mob. Audience stacked, for some reason there was a downhome Black American woman on the panel.
It seems like nowadays in Britain free speech is reserved for the middle classes and their political parties. Don't forget that when Enoch Powell made his prophetic speech it was meat- and dock-workers that went on strike in support of him, while he was vilified by the major political parties.

Pathos

« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2010, 08:12:08 pm »

I was reading in the morning paper about how they've just introduced television debates between leaders in England. Apparently everything is set up for maximum decorum, so no booing or hissing from the audience, no "worm", etc. All well and good but I remember seeing the BNP "debate" on BBC a while back, which was hands down the most disgraceful thing I've ever seen on television, nothing more than an ideological lynch mob. Audience stacked, for some reason there was a downhome Black American woman on the panel.
It seems like nowadays in Britain free speech is reserved for the middle classes and their political parties. Don't forget that when Enoch Powell made his prophetic speech it was meat- and dock-workers that went on strike in support of him, while he was vilified by the major political parties.

Did you just say the BNP was the working class' party? ??? Dude, really, what?

Anyway, I don't mind prejudice so much when it has some sort of support in terms of figures or, you know, evidence, but when it's really empty like the BNP, it's just plain stupid.

The BNP seems to be: "HOW DARE THOSE FORUNERZ COME HERE AND BUILD SUCCESSFUL BUSINESS OFF ME DOLE MONEY?! I'M ENGLISH I SHUDNT AFF TA GET A JOB DEYRE JUST OUTDOIN ME N MAKIN ME LUK BAD FFS"

Really, it's sad how many sub-working class ( what's the working classes who haven't worked a day in their lives called? ) people actually have the audacity to vote for the BNP because "foreigners" come to "take their jobs".

de5me7

• Bay Watcher
  • urban spaceman
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2010, 09:22:43 am »

has anyone read the BNP manifesto, id love national service? Are memories so short, did we forget that facisim and nationalism have ended more lives in history than any other force.

as for television debates - the uk has had politcal tv debates for along time - newsnight, priminsters questions etc. Whats new about the three part series being ran currently is that its part of the national election campaign and its priminstiral. In the past the in power party has refused to have them because they always have the least to gain and most to loose from the extra press. The smallest party (lib dems) has the most to gain least to loose from lack of press.
I haven't been able to get any vomit this release. Not any I can pick up, at any rate.
Swans, too. Swans are complete bastards.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2010, 09:34:58 am »

The only thing I disagree with the Lib Dems on is their opposition to nuclear power.
By the way, the BNP is a racist thug party for racist thugs. Dressing the thugs up does not change that.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2010, 09:37:08 am »

http://www.viceland.com/wp/2009/07/babes-of-the-bnp/ Babes of the BNP. Click this link for vapid morons showing more ignorance than skin. SFW.

When you talk about the BNP "debate" Vitamin P, you're talking about the apperance on question time I assume? I don't think theres been any other BNP thing on the BBC of that nature. The reason it was stacked against the BNP is because question time is open to anyone who shows up, and allows members of the public to question the panelists in a very direct and confrontational manner. Every politician or public figure that appears on it, from any party, gets that kind of response usually. The BNP just got it worse because they are utterly distastefull and deceitfull.

It's really an awesome awesome show if you watch it. One of the many reasons why the BBC is worth keeping, despite all the other controversial stuff they do.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2010, 10:06:03 am »

Question time without a doubt is one of the greatest thing out there the BBC do, along with Gerome Paxton (sp?), he totally fucking pwns politicians and celebrities on all sorts of topics they stand for.

Anyway, BNP are evil. Pure evil, they pretty much are the most stupidest thing to vote for ever. The courts had to force them to change their party entrance things, basically they didn't allow people with coloured skin (other than white) to enter because they wern't from Britain.

And anyway, your pretty much a huge racist if you vote for them. Their policies on the world are terrible, they want to make the UK a isolationist state, this is effectively their economic policy:

"Selective exclusion of foreign-made goods from British markets and the reduction of foreign imports; increase taxes on firms which outsource work abroad; give preference in the job market to "native Britons"; raise the inheritance tax threshold to Ł1 million; renationalise monopoly utilities and services, compensating only individual investors and pension funds; cut taxes, funded by eliminating foreign aid and ending wars in Iraq and Afghanistan."

Other than being racists, they want to completely cut of ties to Europe, piss into Americas face, and cut of all internation aid. Oh joys.

Words cant explain how stupid you must be to vote for these guys.

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2010, 10:10:46 am »

Are memories so short, did we forget that facisim and nationalism have ended more lives in history than any other force.

No, communism has. Just look at Russia and Chinas "revolutions".
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2010, 10:19:32 am »

Question time without a doubt is one of the greatest thing out there the BBC do, along with Gerome Paxton (sp?), he totally fucking pwns politicians and celebrities on all sorts of topics they stand for.

Assuming you mean Jeremy Paxman?

My main problem with the way he interviews people is that when he is talking about a subject that I'm well informed on it's obvious he isn't, to the extent of asking questions that don't make any sense. It's not really surprising people struggle when that is the case, trying to explain things to someone who isn't even willing to understand is not fun.

Not that he is alone in interviewers with this trait of course, and it's not like he always does this but it's happened often enough that I always wonder when he is talking about a subject I know little about and sounds like it's a sensible question but his victim has problems.

Not that this validates those silly politicians that always avoid answering the question asked.

Are memories so short, did we forget that facisim and nationalism have ended more lives in history than any other force.
No, communism has. Just look at Russia and Chinas "revolutions".
You need to recheck your facts, while I agree a lot of people died in various events it's still very little in comparison.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

TheDarkJay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2010, 10:21:47 am »

My personal nickname for the BNP is Norsefire.

Anyway, I'm not voting. Reason? I don't like any of the parties. Lib Dems I like more than certain others, but I'm a very cynical 18 year old who knows the only reason they have relatively few skeletons in their closets is because they haven't been in power for so long they no longer have the closets.

I do find it funny that I think I've heard so many people say "I won't vote for the lib dems because its a wasted vote" that if they actually did vote....you see where I'm going with this XD

Also the talk of nuclear disarm does raise a few alarm bells. Or did I misunderstand and we'd still keep a few nuclear deterrents lying around? Because no nukes would work in a world where nobody had nukes and definitely would never fire them at anyone, but such a world is based around puppies and unicorn farts, to be disturbingly crass. As bad as it is, the state of the world and, yes basic human nature, means fear in some form is arguably the only effective measure of control.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 10:24:44 am by TheDarkJay »

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2010, 10:27:52 am »

I'm voting Lib Dem because they're the only party who can beat Labour in Hull North, and I'm not suffering another 5 years of a pansy southern Londoner lawyer.
Damn soft southerners and their fancy ways.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17