Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Plant Modding  (Read 366 times)

lastofthelight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Plant Modding
« on: April 09, 2010, 05:49:18 pm »

I could mod in the last version. I had all sorts of custom stuff set up...but I have to admit I havn't made heads or tails of the new stuff yet. I want to mod myself up a 'Glacial Strawberry' plant, which basically grows atop glaciers, and can be eaten without preparation, or turned into wine, or red dye.

What can I say, I -love- strawberries. Love them. Love them. Love them. I had a sentient strawberry for a familiar in d&d once.

Now, is all I need to do is create an entry in Object:Plant, and then a new material template with appropriate freezing/boiling points?

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Plant Modding
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 07:19:48 pm »

Looks that way. Just change the Biome and the names of it, and its extract. Then add the boiling/melting points after the tag for it to use the plant matgloss. Be advised that indoors will probably be a lot warmer than outdoors so be careful with the values, unless you want to use it exclusively for sub-zero picnics. And it won't grow on the actual glacier itself, but only on nearby soil.

FACM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Plant Modding
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 10:25:25 pm »

In my Fantasy Flavor mod, I added in a plant called Ice bells, that work more or less like you want your strawberries too. They're blue, and they melt in non-freezing temperatures. They'd be a good starting point for you to look at for your mod.

And yes, you won't be able to grow them on glaciers proper. Unless you can somehow get the game to treat ice as a soil. Tundra works fine though.