Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Reactions to make food  (Read 618 times)

chrisinajar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Reactions to make food
« on: April 09, 2010, 05:12:02 pm »

I'm fiddling with reactions right now... I want to make a roast from a reaction and I can't seem to figure out how... This is what I have right now...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Reactions to make food
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 06:24:51 pm »

I've tried the same and have several bad news:
1. Reactions can't find items stored in bags and barrels. Using meat and plants is painful, using booze and syrup is impossible.
2. Reactions do not generate quality levels.
3. Reactions ignore the directives of the 'Kitchen' screen. (What you let your dwarves use for cooking and brewing.)
4. Reactions can't create 'food'. (or at least everyone that has tried that before has failed, and that's a lot of people.)

I will be more than happy if anyone can refute any or all of these points.

commondragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 07:19:05 pm »

I've tried the same and have several bad news:
1. Reactions can't find items stored in bags and barrels. Using meat and plants is painful, using booze and syrup is impossible.
2. Reactions do not generate quality levels.
3. Reactions ignore the directives of the 'Kitchen' screen. (What you let your dwarves use for cooking and brewing.)
4. Reactions can't create 'food'. (or at least everyone that has tried that before has failed, and that's a lot of people.)

I will be more than happy if anyone can refute any or all of these points.

1. That is correct.  the only thing it can find is lye, as there is a special tag for it.
2. That is also correct.
3. That is also correct, the reaction is not considered a cooking actions so it would ignore it.
4. Not correct, I've had reactions that make 100 stack of plump helmets.  Of course it never fit in a barrel, but it can this time around.

[REACTION:MAGICAL_FOOD]
[NAME:Lavish food]
[REAGENT:B:1:BARREL:NONE:NONE:NONE][EMPTY][BARREL][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[PRODUCT:100:15:FOOD:ITEM_FOOD_ROAST:PLANT_MAT:BERRY_SUN:FOOD][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:B]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BARREL:NO_SUBTYPE:PLANT_MAT:OAK:WOOD][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[BUILDING:MAGIC_SHACK:NONE]
[SKILL:SMELT]

You don't need that.  [PRESERVE_REAGENT] means it wont be eaten up in the reaction.
WheEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

RocketGarden

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 08:50:44 pm »

1. That is correct.  the only thing it can find is lye, as there is a special tag for it.
2. That is also correct.
3. That is also correct, the reaction is not considered a cooking actions so it would ignore it.
4. Not correct, I've had reactions that make 100 stack of plump helmets.  Of course it never fit in a barrel, but it can this time around.
Can you post this reaction? I've had trouble with plant reactions.

You don't need that.  [PRESERVE_REAGENT] means it wont be eaten up in the reaction.

I think this is so you never need more barrels. It automatically makes one for the next reaction.

chrisinajar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 09:22:22 pm »

I think this is so you never need more barrels. It automatically makes one for the next reaction.
Yep. It's half cheat machine half testing modding... He just always spits out new full barrels of stuff... I have a working sunshine-from-nothing reaction... I just can't get any food for it...

How do you make that plump helmet one? I have free wood, ademantite, and sunshine coming out of here... All I need is food and I have made a magical super shack...