Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Fey mood asking for "body parts"  (Read 2725 times)

hath

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Fey mood asking for "body parts"
« on: April 09, 2010, 03:03:38 pm »

I'm using .02 at the moment and a dwarf just went into a fey mood. It is now screaming for body parts? I don't remember seeing this request before. Anyone know if this is new or a bug?

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
Re: Fey mood asking for "body parts"
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 03:08:36 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Scribble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 03:38:58 am »

Sorry for the bump, but I've just had a dwarf asking for the same thing> I butchered 2 horses (his favoured animals) to generate bones but that hasn't satisfied him. What else could he want?

Dorf3000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 04:02:45 am »

Is he asking for anything else?  If he wants bones bones bones and gems, he'll still ask for bones even if he has 3 but doesn't have gems.
I had a tigerman get elected mayor and he promptly mandated 3 bowls of cereal.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 04:04:32 am »

Doesn't body parts also mean he could want shells, so we can't be sure?

Lytha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 04:22:40 am »

He wants shells if he doesn't take the bones.

Go and get fishing at your local murky pool, then prepare a turtle in the fishery. This will leave you with a shell and a cookable turtle.

I guess it's possible that he wants teeth or hoofs now too though.
Lytha likes fire clay, rose gold, green glass, bags, the colour midnight blue, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, she prefers to consume tea and cow cheese.

zagibu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2010, 05:49:52 am »

If you have no turtles on your map, prepare to wall the dwarf in or load an earlier save...imported turtles or cave lobsters don't work either.
99 barrels of beer in the pile
99 barrels of beer!
If some dwarves know the way to the pile
0 barrels of beer in the pile!

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2010, 10:57:12 am »

I am having the same problem.  I have a fey Dwarf asking for rocks and body parts.  I slaughtered a mule foal and he took a stack of 11 mule foal bones.  He hasn't picked up any stone yet, of which there is plenty including some blocks.  We have shells.
There is only one cat, and all cats are that cat.
Almost losing is sometimes fun.

Lytha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2010, 11:05:00 am »

Slaughter more mules so that you have more bone stacks?

Else he might really want the hoofs or the teeth... or something.
Lytha likes fire clay, rose gold, green glass, bags, the colour midnight blue, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, she prefers to consume tea and cow cheese.

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2010, 11:30:06 am »

I don't have any more mules.  I bought some warthogs from the Elves and marked three of those for slaughter (after changing the raws to [PET] instead of [PET_EXOTIC] so they showed up in the Z-Animals menu).  He took a stack of 13 warthog bones and is again waiting.  Excuse me, she.  She likes "stibnite, brass, sunstone, the color vermilion, and waves".  I have shells, skulls, hooves, nervous tissue, and some ivory.  Aha, another stack of 13 warthog bones did the trick.  A single chunk of basalt and she is off and running.

Annnnd... from this married lady Dwarf we have: "Lengshamgor Ulengvod, a iron figurine of Litast Theatercovered" who is, ahem, someone else's husband.  He was, however, one of the seven founding Dwarves and it is an image of him laboring during the settlement of the fortress, so I guess she is motivated by patriotism.

Basic value 16800, weight 7, encrusted with basalt, decorated with warthog bone, encircled with bands of warthog bone, and has on it an image of waves in mule bone.  And magically made of iron.  Not bad for the first artifact in the fortress.
There is only one cat, and all cats are that cat.
Almost losing is sometimes fun.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2010, 01:10:48 pm »

I don't have any more mules.  I bought some warthogs from the Elves and marked three of those for slaughter (after changing the raws to [PET] instead of [PET_EXOTIC] so they showed up in the Z-Animals menu).  He took a stack of 13 warthog bones and is again waiting.  Excuse me, she.  She likes "stibnite, brass, sunstone, the color vermilion, and waves".  I have shells, skulls, hooves, nervous tissue, and some ivory.  Aha, another stack of 13 warthog bones did the trick.  A single chunk of basalt and she is off and running.

Annnnd... from this married lady Dwarf we have: "Lengshamgor Ulengvod, a iron figurine of Litast Theatercovered" who is, ahem, someone else's husband.  He was, however, one of the seven founding Dwarves and it is an image of him laboring during the settlement of the fortress, so I guess she is motivated by patriotism.

Basic value 16800, weight 7, encrusted with basalt, decorated with warthog bone, encircled with bands of warthog bone, and has on it an image of waves in mule bone.  And magically made of iron.  Not bad for the first artifact in the fortress.

Yeah, bone artifacts seem to magically become iron. Iron goblets also magically become gold. Iron seems to be pretty bugged as of this release.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Ilmoran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2010, 01:27:51 pm »

Sounds like a stack of bones is being treated as a single "bone" item for the artifact.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2010, 02:42:38 pm »

I think bone stacks are always treated like a single item now, not just artifacts. In attempt to dispose of a 92-large stack of marsh titan bones, I ordered a crapton of bone decoration and bolt jobs. Six or so decoration jobs later:

Urist McCrafter cancels Decorate with Bone: Needs bones.

A look at my stocks menu shows that I am, in fact, out of bones.
What do you think the value of whatever was decorated with 92 bones is?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Endiqua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2010, 03:32:42 pm »

Oh, now that's funny.
DF sets out a challenge to us with no explanation and no assistance, and each time we fail it becomes more merciless, but we continue in the hopes that we can show it, "See?  I'm doing good, right?  I kept the little men alive!  You're proud of me, right?"

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2010, 03:38:28 pm »

Hmm I've got a fey dwarf but for whatever he isn't claiming a workshop, he's got skills in glassmaking, milking and... suturing... who wants to bet this idiot wants a workshop for suturing?
Pages: [1] 2