Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: One of them 'RTD' thingies. Oh wait no this idea sucks.  (Read 8657 times)

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
Re: One of them 'RTD' thingies. Turn 1.
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2010, 02:52:05 pm »

Check my bag, and follow the others.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: One of them 'RTD' thingies. Turn 1.
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2010, 09:38:58 am »

Check my bag, start walking towards Gatla
[3] Your bag contains a copper knife, some rope, some string, a small roll of cloth, some coins, two and a half flat breads, some dates, and a half eaten sausage. The food totals perhaps two days worth of rations.
You start walking down the valley, towards the sun.

Follow Batista's lead.
[5] Your bag contains a copper knife, some rope, a brass sextant, a crude map of the area, a crude ruler, a pencil, a purse of coins, three flat breads, some dates, and a half eaten sausage. The food totals perhaps two days worth of rations.
You join the others in walking down 'carving valley', towards 'turtle valley'.

Determine if we even know where Gatla is. If so, follow Batista. If not, look around for landmarks.
[6] To get to Gatla, follow the setting sun until you reach the river Ul. But what if Gatla isn't there? What if, despite the simplicity of the task at hand, you get lost? These cliffs all look the same, you would never find your way out. There are no landmarks!
But wait! The rock is soft here, and you have a knife. You will carve symbols into the cliffs as you pass, so that you can recognise them later.
You follow the others, carving symbols into the walls of the cliffs as you pass.

Try asking the other members if they remember anything about the symbols or having a seizure.
[4] You follow the others and ask them if they remember anything about the symbols. The general consensus appears to be: No. Stop asking me, my head hurts.

Try to pray to any gods and hoping to get help from them
[3] You get down on your knees, clasp your hands together, and do some praying type stuff. Apart from some curious glances from the others as they walk off, nothing happens.
You realise if you don't follow the others you will be all alone, so you run after them.

Check my bag, and follow the others.
[4] Your bag contains a copper knife, some rope, a roll of bandage, some ointment, assorted coins, three flat breads, some dates, and a half-eaten sausage. The food totals perhaps two days worth of rations.
You follow the others.

Travel:
[5] The path is free of rubble, and a coolish breeze blows in from the east, lessening the effect of the heat. After an hour of walking you emerge from the cliffs and see a large, swamp-flanked river ahead of you. Between you and the river is a large blue obelisk with some.. tents around it.

Players:
Spoiler: Renault (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Batista (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jetsquirrel (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RNG (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Luke (click to show/hide)
Long Live United Forenia!

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
Re: One of them 'RTD' thingies. Turn 2.
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2010, 10:09:53 am »

CHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WHILE SCREAMING SOME ARABISH TEXT

Batista

• Bay Watcher
  • On the Devil's Dance Floor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2010, 02:08:51 pm »

Are they aware of my presence?

If so, aproach them and attempt to communicate, but stay alert and watch out for ambushes, also apologise for my friend

If they haven't noticed us yet, grab Jetsquirrel by the back and attemp to determine what are their intentions in this place

Speak [@ Jetsquirrel]: What are you doing fool? For all you know they could be simple archeologists, or in the worst case,  elite mercenaries.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2010, 02:15:58 pm »

Who? You can only see tents, no inhabitants.

Batista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2010, 02:21:34 pm »

Who? You can only see tents, no inhabitants.
Tents imply people, though they may not be present

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2010, 02:23:37 pm »

Using my sextant, ruler, pencil, and keen memory of the journey, improve the map of the canyons area to include the canyons we passed through and the river.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2010, 03:19:06 pm »

"Is there anyone here that doesn't have a half eaten sausage? I don't remember eating any on the way here"

Sneak close to the tents and see if there is anyone inside or around

Renault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2010, 06:09:31 pm »

Look closely at myself and my comrades, trying to recognize if any of us are the man I saw having a seizure in the flashback, while crouching in the rocks outside the camp.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2010, 11:59:52 am »

CHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WHILE SCREAMING SOME ARABISH TEXT
[2] You, uh, don't know anything arabish. Clearly this prevents you from charging.

If they haven't noticed us yet, grab Jetsquirrel by the back and attemp to determine what are their intentions in this place
Speak [@ Jetsquirrel]: What are you doing fool? For all you know they could be simple archeologists, or in the worst case,  elite mercenaries.
[1]You rugby-tackle Jetsquirrel (who was standing around muttering foreign-sounding words), roll down the slope, raising a cloud of dust. When you stop rolling you start yelling at Jetsquirrel for not being inconspicuous enough.
A dozen murderous bowmen misinterpret your actions as a surprise attack. Wait, no they don't. You see no one.

Using my sextant, ruler, pencil, and keen memory of the journey, improve the map of the canyons area to include the canyons we passed through and the river.
[5] You do this. The map was already pretty accurate for the canyons, so you just add a sketch of the river and the obelisk. You are pretty sure that you drew the original map as well; the same pencil and mapping style was used, at least, by the creator.

"Is there anyone here that doesn't have a half eaten sausage? I don't remember eating any on the way here"
Sneak close to the tents and see if there is anyone inside or around
Correction: You don't remember anything about the way here.
[2] You try to sneak up to the tents but get knocked over by Batista and Jetsquirrel.

Look closely at myself and my comrades, trying to recognize if any of us are the man I saw having a seizure in the flashback, while crouching in the rocks outside the camp.
[4] Having a flashback-flashback, you realize that you did not actually envision the man with any defining characteristics; evidently your mind did not consider his identity important enough to include it in your short flashback. Perhaps he was one of your comrades, or perhaps not. But it does not matter, you think.

Quote from: RandomNumberGenerator
Curiously Absent! Default to investigate tents
[6] You cannily avoid your stumbling colleagues and leap down a different path. You trip over a rock and roll all the way down the hill, but that does not stop you, though it does bruise you. You run up to the cluster of tents.
There are, in fact, two kinds of 'tent'. On the outside of the cluster are- you run around them- eight small tents of a coarse, off-white cloth, of the sort that can quickly be deployed and packed away. Within the ring of tents is not a tent but an awning made of a thicker, brownish cloth, whose poles are fixed in the stone surrounding the obelisk. Evidently this is a semi-permanent structure.
The awning is nigh empty; the ground is smooth, dusty stone, interrupted only by a large wooden hatch with a rope handle, by which a stone trough has been set.
As you have neither heard nor seen anyone you presume the tents to be empty, so you look inside them. As you twitch open one of the flaps, you hear a small explosion, and all the tents burst into flames.
Roll to Dodge: [4]
You quickly back away. Nevertheless, the heat from the quickly burning tent sears your robes and hands, which, you fear, will blister painfully.
The tents all burn remarkably quickly, and in moments the fire has died down, leaving the remains to smoulder. The fire did not burn long enough to alight the hardened wood of the awnings supports or the toughened cloth of its roof; it was remarkably well executed pyromania.

Players:
Spoiler: Renault (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Batista (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jetsquirrel (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RNG (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Luke (click to show/hide)

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: One of them 'RTD' thingies. Turn 3. Witty commentary.
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2010, 12:15:30 pm »

Investigate the tents for something that might have survived the blast

[Speak] First normal action expect from Charging,Ozygen Manipulation and Praying to gods

Batista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2010, 01:19:27 pm »

Investigate the tents for something that might have survived the blast

Speak: I probably just saved your life man, you were charging right into a trap, and now you want to go in there again?

If I manage to convince him not to loot the tents, sneak behind him while he isn't looking and loot them myself, if not, just race him to the loot

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2010, 02:04:42 pm »

Try to let him fall over if he tryes to race to the loot!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2010, 03:12:33 pm »

Investigate obelisk
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2010, 03:40:17 pm »

"It would seem that someone does not want us here. Or maybe we were just in the wrong place at the right time."

Attempt to examine the obelisk, from a safe distance.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6