Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Making a formidable goblin civilization, circa DF2010  (Read 840 times)

Mirefrost00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Making a formidable goblin civilization, circa DF2010
« on: April 09, 2010, 12:18:39 pm »

I did a search, browsed all relevant boards, and didn't notice the information I am looking for.  If it does indeed exist, please let me know early, so I can request this thread be removed/locked/whatever.  :)

I'm psyched about the possibilities these new raw formats give us!  So much so that I've taken it upon myself to make the goblins into a more competitive civilization.  On a creature level, I gave them a MAXAGE tag, lack of which was hopefully what seemed to keep them from reproducing.  Also, I removed BABYSNATCHER from their entity entry, for the same reason.

Now, I'm giving them civ positions.  The human warlord looks interesting as a site leader, though renamed as "overlord".  I'll likely use military and administrative positions from the various other entities, but I'd like to have a specific caste for the overlords.  I will make a bigger, tougher, smarter goblin for them. 

Has anyone figured out yet how to limit a civ position to a specific caste?  None of the current civs showed anything like that, and I don't want to make the overlord cast the only male goblins.

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Making a formidable goblin civilization, circa DF2010
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 12:54:06 pm »

The one way I found to restrict entity positions beyond the [GENDER] tag is by adding a creature class to the caste(s) in question and in the entity position, use the [ALLOWED_CLASS] tag(s), which I had to use since gender only seems to take male and female, rather than castes (There is also an [ALLOWED_CREATURE] tag, but I haven't worked out yet how it works. There are also [REJECTED_...] equivalents for those two tags). For antmen, however, the gender tag should suffice, as the queen is the only true female in the species.

From the caste questions threadhttp://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=53040.0
Mods I've done:
Zelda mod-mod, Beta in the Wild DF 47.04
Illithid Empire mod DF 31.25 (update canceled)
Spotter's Guide to Illithids (Genesis mod-mod) genesis 3.19a4 (update canceled)

Mirefrost00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Making a formidable goblin civilization, circa DF2010
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 02:12:03 pm »

Wow, I'm rusty at research.  Thanks for pointing me to that rather obvious source of answers!   :-[