Poll

Do ya, punk?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 78

Author Topic: [0.34.10] Mayday's Graphics Set - Even in death I still serve  (Read 371731 times)

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
  • Lege lege lege relege labora et invenies
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.25_a] Mayday's DFG - yes
« Reply #915 on: June 05, 2011, 11:48:57 am »

...So I read on

After you copy your df_31_**/data/save folder to a new version of DFG, do this:
1) delete data/save/region***/raw/ (the whole folder!)
2) copy /raw/ from the main DFG folder into your data/save/region***/ folder
I dont have any saves I think since I never played.
Er, those instructions are only for those who have a saved game from a version of Dwarf Fortress without Mayday's Graphics set and you just wanted to update that game with Mayday's graphics. So those instructions do not apply for you.
How do I installed this?
If you don't have a save game you want to keep, it's real easy: Just download a version of the game with the graphics already installed.

For instance, you could download the game with Mayday's graphics:
...if You're using windows, why don't you just download the game from my site? It's a playable copy of DF with the tilesets already installed.

Personally, if you are running on a Windows system, I'd suggest downloading and installing the Lazy Newb Pack. It seems this package is what most new players start with. The Lazy Newb Pack allows players to switch between three different graphics sets (including the Mayday set) with a simple click of a menu option. It also allows players to configure a bunch of options and has a bunch of handy utilities preinstalled. (Dwarf Therapist makes the game much easier to deal with, IMO.)

For complete newbies, I'd strongly recommend either reading some tutorials or watching some video tutorials. The Dwarf Fortress Wiki has a section on tutorials. And many folks have praised Captnduck's video tutorials. (In particular, the DFVIDTUTS2011 Basics video should explain the basics for 2011 version of the game.) Also, there are helpful videos by 51ppycup, Marzen64, jefmajor, and others.

If you're running a Mac, like me, you'll have to make do with manually installing things, and getting veiled contempt from a good third of people who don't seem to understand that people use computers for things other than playing DF and, just maybe, need a particular operating system to perform such tasks.
Nice one, not sure when I'll be feeling like killing a baby but these things are good to know.
This is why we can't have nice things... someone will just wind up filling it with corpses.
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now it's complete because it's ended here."

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #916 on: June 28, 2011, 10:12:54 am »

Is there an easy way to uninstall this graphics pack from an existing save game?  I'm in a succession game right now, and the previous player installed this mod on the save.  I prefer to play without graphics tilesets.  Disabling the graphics was easy enough, but half the display tiles in the raws show something other than what they're supposed to now, and I'm having trouble telling what everything is.  Do you have an uninstaller, or is that something I need to put together myself?
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #917 on: June 28, 2011, 11:59:31 am »

Hmmm... try running "raw tile selector" to merge your save with vanilla raws. Should work.
(do a search for it on the forums).
<3

laijka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: July 18, 2011, 08:42:32 am »

EDIT: nvm :)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 11:32:49 am by laijka »

milaga

• Bay Watcher
  • No Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: August 11, 2011, 02:55:42 pm »

I tried using 0.31.25_a as a clean install and created a new world. I am not seeing graphics for the new professions, potters, glazers, beekeepers, etc. I don't see any mention of them in the changelog, nor do I see their absence as a known issue. Am I missing something?
Thanks for that...  now I have the image of Urist McBooger walking up to me with a creepy smile and asking me if I want a "dwarven shower".

Leonidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: August 21, 2011, 02:58:07 am »

I have a layer of marble with veins of galena. They use the same tile. How do I make them look different?

Korva

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: August 21, 2011, 10:52:46 am »

I tried using 0.31.25_a as a clean install and created a new world. I am not seeing graphics for the new professions, potters, glazers, beekeepers, etc. I don't see any mention of them in the changelog, nor do I see their absence as a known issue. Am I missing something?

We're all missing an update. ;) I think he's very busy again. To get the new professions fixed, open graphics_mayday.txt in the raw/graphics folder and add these:

[POTTER:DORFS:0:19:AS_IS:DEFAULT]
   [GLAZER:DORFS:0:19:AS_IS:DEFAULT]
   [WAX_WORKER:DORFS:0:19:AS_IS:DEFAULT]

[BEEKEEPER:DORFS:0:24:AS_IS:DEFAULT]
   [SHEARER:DORFS:0:24:AS_IS:DEFAULT]
   [SPINNER:DORFS:0:24:AS_IS:DEFAULT]
   [PRESSER:DORFS:0:24:AS_IS:DEFAULT]

SuperPluck

• Bay Watcher
  • Quack
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: August 25, 2011, 03:23:12 pm »

I don't if i did something wrong. But did the letters change (the appearance of the menu)?

I was using v0.31.16 before. And the menus and overall font was different (I'd like to continue using that).

---

also, i can find pots.

Korva

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: August 26, 2011, 02:41:09 am »

Check the init.txt file in the data menu. If there's a line reading [TRUETYPE:YES], change it to [TRUETYPE:NO] and see if it helps.

SuperPluck

• Bay Watcher
  • Quack
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: August 28, 2011, 08:12:17 pm »

Actually, for the font it was the other way around. hehehee But many thanks fot the help. =D

And for pots, I believe that now that I generated a new world, they'll show up.

--

Editting: yeap. I have pots.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 09:07:15 pm by SuperPluck »

pucca

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: September 30, 2011, 11:43:54 am »

Hiho.
Why am I having this light-brown background color and these sand-like tiles instead of simple dots?
It's lates version of Mayday's DFG. Just chose "Create new world".

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart

Hello again.
Since I can see there are still people using my tileset, I've decided to get off my ass and update it.
Pucca- read the FAQ please.

So guys, I need your help. Since I have little time to play DF these days, there will likely be a lot of icons I'll miss. So if you could provide me with a list of stuff to add icons to, that would make my life a hundred times easier.

I'm also planning to improve the stone wall icons, since they are really messy and ugly right now.

so far I've added most (or all?) new proffessions, moose, pandas and badgers. What next?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 07:23:48 am by Mike Mayday »
<3

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Reading that you will be updating has got me to dust off my copy of DF. Welcome back and thank you!
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Korva

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Great news!

Capybara, penguin, giraffe, rhino, platypus ... I'm sure there's more but I can't remember now. Various humanoid versions of the new animals too.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 06:35:16 am by Korva »

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart

Well, here's a thing then:
http://mayday.w.staszic.waw.pl/~mayday/upload/dfg_31_25_c_win.zip
This is kind of a pre-release, I'd be glad if you guys tested it.
There are TONS of new giant_animals and animal_men and that's a really boooring perspective... ugh.

ANYWAY, MORE IMPORTANTLY:
now that I'm back to DF I can see that the matters which made me drop out of graphicsmaking in the first place... have gotten worse. Not only are there less tiles available now, the old symbols have gotten more uses so now I can't use graphical representations for many.
In short- fancy graphical tilesets are getting harder and harder to maintain as Toady keeps adding new stuff.
That's why I'd like to get back to ASCII.
BUT I've reworked Herrbdog's tileset to maintain graphical representations of rock walls, as I find those are the most damaging to the readability of the screen. And, of course, I left the creature graphics on.
If anyone is interested in checking this version out, comments are most welcome.
This is basically an ASCII tileset with the following raw mods:
The following stone groups have their own icon:
-Sedimentary rocks
-Metamorphic rocks
-Igneous rocks
-Iron ores (currently a bunch of larger rocks in the middle of the tile)
-Other metal ores (small rocks scattered around the tile)
-non-layer stones (dot in the middle)
-flux stones (two dots in the middle)
-fuel (lightning icon)
-gemstone walls (crystal icon )
All those tiles have a kind of an embossed look to differentiate them from object icons.

http://mayday.w.staszic.waw.pl/~mayday/upload/dfgs_31_25_win.zip
<3
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 78