Poll

Do ya, punk?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 78

Author Topic: [0.34.10] Mayday's Graphics Set - Even in death I still serve  (Read 371805 times)

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
  • Joined in the great Migration of 2009
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.16] Mayday's DFG - a.k.a. the "Mayday is a slacking asshole" project
« Reply #720 on: November 20, 2010, 02:04:51 pm »

There are other downloads available. You could roll your own with Anallysts utility. Or you could download my version from dffd. Whatever floats your boat.
Guess I need to star going through older tile sets.  Is everyone using the Pastel colors now? Am I behind the fashion trends? I'd been so used to the dark tones of the older mayday tilesets.  Bah, fashion is so fickle!
Ask not what the Dwarfs can do for you...
But ask.... why are they drunk all the time?

kaolbrec

• Bay Watcher
  • Cavern? What Cavern?
    • View Profile
    • inarayi
« Reply #721 on: November 20, 2010, 02:07:36 pm »

Gotta be honest, I don't know what you mean.. I don't recall a sudden shift from dark to light. Maybe your colors.txt is off? Or you changed your monitor. There are a few variants of Mayday's tileset also, you know. Check the art folder to see, and make sure the one you like is in init.txt
[Dwarf Fortress with Mayday Tileset]
Mike Mayday is a little slow at releasing new versions with his tileset - he poured enough awesome into the tileset in the first place though, so I can't hold it against him. In the meantime, I'll try to update it to each new version. Check the above link for new releases, and leave complaints in the Mayday thread, or on the dffd files themselves.
My ICQ is spam-bait. I name them all

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: November 20, 2010, 02:26:21 pm »

Here this is from Maydays page

I am trying to find a better picture, mostly of one of the grass or outside.  But the older tilesets seemed to be more "uniformed" look to them. the newer ones, specifficlly 16 and 18 have a more 'broken up' look to the colors, and the symbols are severally mixed up, I can't get used to "bats" replacing the standard metal ore tile I see for Silver or Galena or other ores.  The colors for most rock seem "washed out" las though they are much more bright. Perhaps it is just me.

kaolbrec

• Bay Watcher
  • Cavern? What Cavern?
    • View Profile
    • inarayi
« Reply #723 on: November 20, 2010, 02:49:02 pm »

Edit init.txt, and change the tileset (don't forget there are two sections, depending on whether you use SDL or not) to "mayday-sans-highlight.png". Problem solved :D
Mike Mayday is a little slow at releasing new versions with his tileset - he poured enough awesome into the tileset in the first place though, so I can't hold it against him. In the meantime, I'll try to update it to each new version. Check the above link for new releases, and leave complaints in the Mayday thread, or on the dffd files themselves.

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: November 20, 2010, 03:48:36 pm »

Not sure what that will do, was never good at editing the game :P I may have a version 31.02 or 03 tileset around.

kaolbrec

• Bay Watcher
  • Cavern? What Cavern?
    • View Profile
    • inarayi
« Reply #725 on: November 20, 2010, 03:52:50 pm »

Not sure what that will do, was never good at editing the game :P I may have a version 31.02 or 03 tileset around.

* kaolbrec claws face in despair.

Do you want me to post a series of pictures outlining the necessary steps? Because I'll do it. I'm crazy man!

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: November 20, 2010, 04:01:41 pm »

no no, apparently i have "highlights" on, I think what you are telling me to do is term them off. Ok did that, helps IMMENSELY I can see again!
Now to check if my Ore looks like bats:P

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: November 20, 2010, 08:07:00 pm »

no no, apparently i have "highlights" on, I think what you are telling me to do is term them off. Ok did that, helps IMMENSELY I can see again!
Now to check if my Ore looks like bats:P

I always play with highlights on. MaydayMIN-sans-Highlight is where it's at. Also, if the image pack isn't 31.18, and you are playing on 31.18, then there WILL BE PROBLEMS!
Also bear in mind that dwarves have their heads at a perfect height for a good face-kicking.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.

Nivek

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: November 22, 2010, 10:41:54 pm »

@Annalyst

I did what was on your readme, and the game crashes after a few seconds.

Got the windows version of DF .18, unrar it and took your dfg_18.zip and unzipped it inside. Took my save game from .16 and deleted the raw folder inside the save folder and got the one from the root folder.

The game gave this error in the error log

Unit has misaligned bp modifiers.  Adjusting.

And also I had time to see that partial skeleton seems to be replaced with the "lobster" icon. I'm pretty sure it should be easy to fix, can't seems to get it to work though... any pointers would be appreciated :)

BTW, kudos to you and kaolbrec for keeping alive this graphic pack :)

Mantonio

• Bay Watcher
  • Make Science!
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: November 23, 2010, 12:06:17 pm »

* kaolbrec claws face in despair.

Do you want me to post a series of pictures outlining the necessary steps? Because I'll do it. I'm crazy man!

I wouldn't mind that, since you're offering it around.
Who's the greatest warrior ever?
A hero of renown?
Who slayed an evil ocean?
Who cast the Lich King down?
BILLY!

kaolbrec

• Bay Watcher
  • Cavern? What Cavern?
    • View Profile
    • inarayi
« Reply #730 on: November 23, 2010, 06:57:14 pm »

The guide to replacing one line in "init.txt"? Or to merging the Mayday Tileset with a new version?

Mantonio

• Bay Watcher
  • Make Science!
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: November 24, 2010, 07:36:04 am »

The guide to replacing one line in "init.txt"? Or to merging the Mayday Tileset with a new version?

The second one, please.
Who's the greatest warrior ever?
A hero of renown?
Who slayed an evil ocean?
Who cast the Lich King down?
BILLY!

Lord Aldrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: November 24, 2010, 11:38:40 pm »

Alright. I'm losing my mind. I'm merging Mayday's tile-set with Deon's Genesis mod, and am having issues with transparency. Specifically, the little bush on the ' " ' tile REFUSES to show up, all I get is the background color. I've been poking it with GIMP for the last hour. Any thoughts?

Edit: Deon had the solution. You just have to set the tile by number instead of symbol. I.e. [SHRUB_TILE:34] instead of ' " '
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 01:24:00 am by Lord Aldrich »

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
  • Lege lege lege relege labora et invenies
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: November 26, 2010, 02:06:26 pm »

So did MAyday get eaten by grues, or something? Where did he go?
Nice one, not sure when I'll be feeling like killing a baby but these things are good to know.
This is why we can't have nice things... someone will just wind up filling it with corpses.
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now it's complete because it's ended here."

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: November 26, 2010, 03:02:35 pm »

Is it just me or are all the 'vermin' tiles been replaced by tree tiles?
And most "tree" tiles seem replaced by Ore tiles, (the speckles and wavy ore tiles.)
And the ore tiles have been replaced by Bats!

Its madness I tell you, MADNESS!!!
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 78