Poll

Do ya, punk?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 78

Author Topic: [0.34.10] Mayday's Graphics Set - Even in death I still serve  (Read 371795 times)

kawaiidesunekochan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.16] Mayday's DFG - a.k.a. the "Mayday is a slacking asshole" project
« Reply #705 on: November 18, 2010, 05:02:14 pm »

mayday, hurry up  :(

Mortiss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: November 18, 2010, 05:29:37 pm »

I wonder at which point does a free service to the community become a burden.  ::)
Dealing with expectations and all that mess...

"You are not going crazy! You are going sane in the crazy world!"

anallyst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github repos
« Reply #707 on: November 18, 2010, 05:41:18 pm »

mayday, hurry up  :(
if i was mike mayday and would do the patching by hand, i'd wait like one week after a release to see if it's stable enough to spent hours of manual work.

believe it or not, my pack here is equivalent to what you get from mike (except that he switched to truetype fonts lately, which imho looks unbearable)

https://github.com/downloads/rofl0r/df-mayday/dfg_18.zip
how to be first one to get mayday tileset after toady released a new version: https://github.com/rofl0r/df-mayday

kaolbrec

• Bay Watcher
  • Cavern? What Cavern?
    • View Profile
    • inarayi
« Reply #708 on: November 18, 2010, 09:16:04 pm »

I agree regarding the truetype fonts.. they provide no benefit in my opinion.

I'm not keen on installing Cygwin because I dual-boot xubuntu with Win 7 anyway and spend most of my time in xubuntu (Win 7 for games). That request just caught me in Windows :D

Seems to me you've got this sewn up, not-withstanding people who can't even copy and paste ;) I like to think if I had more perl know-how I would have knocked something like that up (I can delude myself if I want to).
[Dwarf Fortress with Mayday Tileset]
Mike Mayday is a little slow at releasing new versions with his tileset - he poured enough awesome into the tileset in the first place though, so I can't hold it against him. In the meantime, I'll try to update it to each new version. Check the above link for new releases, and leave complaints in the Mayday thread, or on the dffd files themselves.
My ICQ is spam-bait. I name them all

DudeTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: November 18, 2010, 09:34:59 pm »

Sorry I am still new to DF and I am brand new to adventure mode. So this might be a obvious/stupid question. Is there a chart somewhere that says what your new icons for everything represent? To give an example, what a teddy bear represents on the world map? I searched your site and found no luck there.

Tys for any info.  :)

anallyst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github repos
« Reply #710 on: November 18, 2010, 10:08:53 pm »

what a teddy bear represents on the world map?
that's one of the disadvantages of using custom tilesets... i don't know that as well. to figure that out you'd have to look up that specific icon's tile number, then look it up in the raws, then look what an unmodded DF does.
or more easily, embark on "vanilla" DF (here the signs are documented in the wiki), and apply the mayday patch afterwards. you have to delete the raws in the savegame's region1 folder, and copy them back from the modded raw folder in DF's root dir (see https://github.com/rofl0r/df-mayday/blob/master/README for how to fix your savegame in detail)
you could also switch back and forth between modded and unmodded DF, and start documentating which mayday icon represents what in map view, and then share that documentation with us.
how to be first one to get mayday tileset after toady released a new version: https://github.com/rofl0r/df-mayday

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: November 18, 2010, 10:26:04 pm »

I don't know what you mean by teddy bear, but the lairs for titans are a sort of small doll. It is also used to indicate as the signage for craftwork shops (selling amulets, bracelets, rings, etc) in towns.

Edit: I should mention that's the icon for my version, which is just a very old DFG tileset that I've been porting over manually with each update. It is by no means a clean affair, but functional. I'm assuming it is the same tile replacing the character in newer mayday sets.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 10:28:07 pm by Niveras »

JarinArenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: November 18, 2010, 11:37:15 pm »

Sorry to be a noob, but... how does one run a .sh file in Windows? That's a UNIX shell script, isn't it?

Afelia Fail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: November 19, 2010, 01:10:21 am »

Sorry to be a noob, but... how does one run a .sh file in Windows? That's a UNIX shell script, isn't it?
I'm afraid that those script were already activated, and then it has been made a differential, that is needed just to be unzipped in the DF folder. No need on running those files. (Mine works).

DudeTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: November 19, 2010, 03:30:38 am »

what a teddy bear represents on the world map?
that's one of the disadvantages of using custom tilesets... i don't know that as well. to figure that out you'd have to look up that specific icon's tile number, then look it up in the raws, then look what an unmodded DF does.
or more easily, embark on "vanilla" DF (here the signs are documented in the wiki), and apply the mayday patch afterwards. you have to delete the raws in the savegame's region1 folder, and copy them back from the modded raw folder in DF's root dir (see https://github.com/rofl0r/df-mayday/blob/master/README for how to fix your savegame in detail)
you could also switch back and forth between modded and unmodded DF, and start documentating which mayday icon represents what in map view, and then share that documentation with us.

Thank you for the reply. I can't believe it is not documented anywhere. I figured I just hadn't found it yet. Seems like a rather large oversight.. Anyway I have made very little headway sorting out what = what. I tried to revert back to vanilla DF and it either won't recognize my save game or I did something wrong. Going to have to play with it more.

anallyst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github repos
« Reply #715 on: November 19, 2010, 06:45:40 am »

I tried to revert back to vanilla DF and it either won't recognize my save game or I did something wrong.
you could work with 2 directories like this:
*extract vanilla df into a directory called df_vanilla
*do the worldgen and embark
*copy its content to another dir called df_mayday
*extract above linked dfg_18.zip into it to maydayify it
---repeat the following steps as needed
copy data/save from one folder (sourcedir) to another (destdir)
delete destdir/data/save/region1/raw
copy destdir/raw to destdir/data/save/region1/raw
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 06:50:32 am by anallyst »

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
  • Joined in the great Migration of 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: November 20, 2010, 08:13:19 am »

OK I don't know if I downloaded the wrong file or what, but the latest version that I downloaded here http://mayday.w.staszic.waw.pl/df.php got me a graphics set that is radically different then the traditional mayday graphics Im used to.  Everything had a very washed out pastel color to it, there were "bats" instead of the normal mineral picture, and of the eight games I copied into the save folder only one would load :/
Ask not what the Dwarfs can do for you...
But ask.... why are they drunk all the time?

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: November 20, 2010, 11:08:28 am »

OK I don't know if I downloaded the wrong file or what, but the latest version that I downloaded here http://mayday.w.staszic.waw.pl/df.php got me a graphics set that is radically different then the traditional mayday graphics Im used to.  Everything had a very washed out pastel color to it, there were "bats" instead of the normal mineral picture, and of the eight games I copied into the save folder only one would load :/

That is the version for 31.16. We're now on 31.18. That might be a problem if you just tried to copy them across. Otherwise, you made a mistake somewhere.
Also bear in mind that dwarves have their heads at a perfect height for a good face-kicking.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
  • Joined in the great Migration of 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: November 20, 2010, 12:15:37 pm »

checked page one and maydays onsite only has 31.16 :/ is it on another download?
Ask not what the Dwarfs can do for you...
But ask.... why are they drunk all the time?

kaolbrec

• Bay Watcher
  • Cavern? What Cavern?
    • View Profile
    • inarayi
« Reply #719 on: November 20, 2010, 12:19:28 pm »

There are other downloads available. You could roll your own with Anallysts utility. Or you could download my version from dffd. Whatever floats your boat.
[Dwarf Fortress with Mayday Tileset]
Mike Mayday is a little slow at releasing new versions with his tileset - he poured enough awesome into the tileset in the first place though, so I can't hold it against him. In the meantime, I'll try to update it to each new version. Check the above link for new releases, and leave complaints in the Mayday thread, or on the dffd files themselves.
My ICQ is spam-bait. I name them all
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 78