Poll

Do ya, punk?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 78

Author Topic: [0.34.10] Mayday's Graphics Set - Even in death I still serve  (Read 371871 times)

hermano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.16] Mayday's DFG - a.k.a. the "Mayday is a slacking asshole" project
« Reply #660 on: October 31, 2010, 06:40:10 pm »

Nah, I don't think snarkiness would be deserved here. You provide a free and nice service for the lazy and ignorant (i.e. everybody starting with df). And you have done so for a long time already, most would have lost interest a long time ago. I don't think anybody is in the position to demand anything here.

(But I still like the threads title: 'the "Mayday is a slacking asshole" project' ;) )
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 06:41:48 pm by hermano »

anallyst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github repos
« Reply #661 on: October 31, 2010, 08:30:04 pm »

i got an up-2-date patchset online. its basically an advanced diff. it's based on DFG 31.12 and applied without a change from 0.31.14 upto 0.31.16, and probably also for future ones.
http://github.com/rofl0r/df-mayday

windows users can use it with cygwin, which features the required bash and perl interpreters.
how to be first one to get mayday tileset after toady released a new version: https://github.com/rofl0r/df-mayday

Tryntu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: November 01, 2010, 02:51:56 am »

like they said, snarkiness aint quite deserved, but i -was- kinda wonderin if you had actually punched out. i take it all back, i repent! I REPENT!

also, what type of lizard? ./curious ^_^

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #663 on: November 01, 2010, 07:27:54 am »

anallyst, I put a note in the OP, thanks! I understand this needs to be updated for every new version? (due to the way the raws are edited)
Tryntu: a Madagascar Giant Day Gecko! D'awwwwwww :D
<3

anallyst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github repos
« Reply #664 on: November 01, 2010, 08:54:42 am »

I understand this needs to be updated for every new version? (due to the way the raws are edited)
no, if toady doesnt get wild on the raws it should work out of the box. however a change was required for 31.14 because toady changed some stuff from
Code: [Select]
[A][B] to [A]<ENTER>[B]
how to be first one to get mayday tileset after toady released a new version: https://github.com/rofl0r/df-mayday

heavy_metal41

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: November 04, 2010, 07:44:19 pm »

Just dropping in to ask if anyone else is experiencing an inability to perform underground farming of things like plump helmets.

On the DF wiki it says the following regarding this: Underground farm plots must be placed on either soil or mud. A bug is currently causing farming to only work on mud. As of at least Version 0.31.16 this has been fixed.

But in my last fort running dfg_31_16_win_s, I definitely saw this issue crop up.  I couldn't for the life of my figure out why it wouldn't let me plant plump helmets in my recently mined indoor sand farm plot tiles, and I think this may be why.

Is anyone else seeing this farming issue?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 09:54:33 pm by heavy_metal41 »

1piemaster1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: November 05, 2010, 03:31:05 pm »

How come whenever i download the old DFG 22 version ( with 40d ) I download it and i click to play it, the window pops up but its just black?

Please help me i really wanna play this with 40d but with this tile set :(

Korva

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: November 06, 2010, 05:57:48 am »

Cheers for the update. I'm still using your tileset for 31.12 and would like to try the new version. There are some changes in how the UI looks, though, that make me hesitate.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The first image looks a bit odd with the black text on gray background for the main menu, and in the unit list the stark white selection marker makes it impossible to read the info about the selected unit. Is there a way to get the old font and colors back?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 06:00:49 am by Korva »

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
  • Lege lege lege relege labora et invenies
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: November 06, 2010, 11:12:56 am »

When writing out the name of the tileset in the init, use the "mayday-sans-highlight.png" instead of just the standard mayday.png. And yeah, I hate the highlight too.
Nice one, not sure when I'll be feeling like killing a baby but these things are good to know.
This is why we can't have nice things... someone will just wind up filling it with corpses.
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now it's complete because it's ended here."

nordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: November 06, 2010, 12:40:20 pm »

Have you created new tiles for the upcoming release?  I think that Toady keeps the modding community informed on what is coming out.
Exerpt from townbrush.txt by Internet Kraken:

"Nobody wants to live in Townbrush, and for good reason. Almost everyone that has come to Townbrush has been eaten, stabbed, crushed, drowned, hacked, incinerated, or beaten to death with an octopre skin backpack. When we're not under siege, we're being attacked by Forgotten Beasts. And when we're not being attacked by Forgotten Beasts, there's probably a zombie whale crushing someone to death in the dining room."

logismo

• Bay Watcher
  • the answer to life the universe and everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: November 07, 2010, 01:40:23 am »

Thank you so much! This is JUST what I've been waiting for!
"Only the educated are free." - Epictetus

Korva

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: November 07, 2010, 04:48:56 pm »

Hm, the sans-highlight option causes makes the game-tiles look a bit weird and doesn't bring the old font back.  I admit I'm somewhat attached to the way this tileset looks with 31.12. The new font takes up less screen real estate but just isn't the same ;)

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #672 on: November 08, 2010, 05:31:34 am »

Oh you also need to disable truetype in inint.txt (or was it d_init.txt? I forget)
<3

Korva

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: November 09, 2010, 04:31:28 am »

Thank you! That did the trick.

Aravin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: November 11, 2010, 02:19:13 pm »