Poll

Do ya, punk?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 78

Author Topic: [0.34.10] Mayday's Graphics Set - Even in death I still serve  (Read 371872 times)

OzoneGrif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm trying this out now..  I embarked with seeds, and they came in a "forgotten beast skin chest" and a "Unknown frozen creature substance chest".

Looks like a world problem... I did a test on my old world from 31.12 ; it came with forgotten beast soap quivers on Embark.
Then I generated a new world, and no Forgotten beast anymore.

Onasaki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, I find myself wondering, where's version 0.31.16, of Mayday? Or at least, can help me import the Embark set from Mayday into another tileset?

kaolbrec

• Bay Watcher
  • Cavern? What Cavern?
    • View Profile
    • inarayi

So, I find myself wondering, where's version 0.31.16, of Mayday? Or at least, can help me import the Embark set from Mayday into another tileset?

It's been linked by two people so far.. read back at least a page dude!

As far as embark profiles go, just copy Data/Init/Embark.txt into the Data/Init/ folder in the version you'd like to move it to.
[Dwarf Fortress with Mayday Tileset]
Mike Mayday is a little slow at releasing new versions with his tileset - he poured enough awesome into the tileset in the first place though, so I can't hold it against him. In the meantime, I'll try to update it to each new version. Check the above link for new releases, and leave complaints in the Mayday thread, or on the dffd files themselves.
My ICQ is spam-bait. I name them all

Malibu Stacey

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile

I made a try... Do It Yourself huh ?

There you go : http://dev2.ozone.elynx.fr/dfg_31_16_oz_win.7z

I hope I didn't do any mistake, sorry Mayday if I did ;)

Your creature tiles don't match Mike Mayday's graphics so you will end up with the wrong icons for almost every creature.

I've uploaded a complete & tested unoffical version at http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3253
I bursted out laughing so hard at this that my dog woke up, came in the room, and looked at me like I'm an idiot.

Then proceeded to brag about how he has 27 kills on his kill list and is super-doggenly tough. 

smd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wake up Mayday! :)

kaolbrec

• Bay Watcher
  • Cavern? What Cavern?
    • View Profile
    • inarayi

Your creature tiles don't match Mike Mayday's graphics so you will end up with the wrong icons for almost every creature.

I've uploaded a complete & tested unoffical version at http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3253

Gorramit. I should have diffed against Mayday's raws too.. oh well, I'll give it another try with 0.31.17. For now, I'm taking mine down, lest I do the community a further disservice with my shoddy releases.
Mike Mayday is a little slow at releasing new versions with his tileset - he poured enough awesome into the tileset in the first place though, so I can't hold it against him. In the meantime, I'll try to update it to each new version. Check the above link for new releases, and leave complaints in the Mayday thread, or on the dffd files themselves.

Phantasma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just get the standard dwarf graphics when I start that one, the non-mayday ones.

OzoneGrif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well I don't know how you can say that, because I've been playing for days on that version, and all creatures appears fine.
A simple test in the object arena will prove you wrong ;)

I did a diff on our versions, indeed the tiles number are different... even though : both our versions work !
The PNG are the same, all files except the RAWs are the same.
My version compared to Mayday's official 31.14 has the same tiles number, which are different than yours.

There's something I don't understand there : how can it work on both versions, even with different tile numbers?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 06:56:38 pm by OzoneGrif »

Malibu Stacey

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile

I just get the standard dwarf graphics when I start that one, the non-mayday ones.

Check the raws in your save folder. I had that happen with 0.31.12 version of Mike Mayday's pack once. I think it's an intermittent bug in DF itself where it fails to copy over the modified raws to the save.
I bursted out laughing so hard at this that my dog woke up, came in the room, and looked at me like I'm an idiot.

Then proceeded to brag about how he has 27 kills on his kill list and is super-doggenly tough. 

KylonOrina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So any update on when DFG for 31.16 is coming?

Tryntu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

dont mean to be snarky, but did mayday get into a high-speed fight with a tree or something? i mean, shoot, we'd need to know where to send flowers and set someone up to officially update this.

kaolbrec

• Bay Watcher
  • Cavern? What Cavern?
    • View Profile
    • inarayi

dont mean to be snarky, but did mayday get into a high-speed fight with a tree or something? i mean, shoot, we'd need to know where to send flowers and set someone up to officially update this.

Check some sigs. Links are abundant (for unofficial releases, yes).

JarinArenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm having a problem with Malibu's release. The tree icons are wrong:

That's the two different tree varieties. I'm not importing any saves. That's a new worldgen, within the updated version only.

Edit: For the record, no real issues with Ozone's, which is what I've been using; although the font is a bit weird in places, and the random junk made out of Forgotten Beast and Unknown Frozen Creature parts is everywhere. Those are ignorable, though.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 08:11:34 pm by JarinArenos »

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart

Uhhhhh

Um, sorry guys. THEY turned me into a lizard again.
But it's okay now. So yeah, the loooooong overdue update is up. Tryntu, I think any snarkiness is well deserved in this case  :-X
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 09:07:34 am by Mike Mayday »
<3

JarinArenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.16] Mayday's DFG - a.k.a. the "Mayday is a slacking asshole" project
« Reply #659 on: October 31, 2010, 12:24:50 pm »

Yay! Welcome back, Mike!
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 78