Poll

Do ya, punk?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 78

Author Topic: [0.34.10] Mayday's Graphics Set - Even in death I still serve  (Read 371892 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: [0.31.12] Mayday's DFG - questions and problems - READ THE FAQ before asking
« Reply #585 on: September 12, 2010, 05:10:40 am »

Why is there no Middle Menu Screen or Area Map in this mod? Im new to the game and there is none of these.
Hit tab

Assassintjm

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.12] Mayday's DFG - questions and problems - READ THE FAQ before asking
« Reply #586 on: September 14, 2010, 04:38:55 pm »

Hello I am new to Dwarf Fortress II Slaves of Amok and I honestly have no clue what to do or how to do it. I have the game up and running but I am completely lost when it comes to installing graphics packs. If someone could give me step by step instructions on how to install this i would be greatly appreciative and would gladly support any upcoming projects you might have.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #587 on: September 14, 2010, 04:43:29 pm »

Hello I am new to Dwarf Fortress II Slaves of Amok and I honestly have no clue what to do or how to do it. I have the game up and running but I am completely lost when it comes to installing graphics packs. If someone could give me step by step instructions on how to install this i would be greatly appreciative and would gladly support any upcoming projects you might have.

Here you go.

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
  • Lege lege lege relege labora et invenies
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: September 15, 2010, 07:53:09 pm »

So, new version, updated tileset? Or is it not needed?
Nice one, not sure when I'll be feeling like killing a baby but these things are good to know.
This is why we can't have nice things... someone will just wind up filling it with corpses.
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now it's complete because it's ended here."

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: September 16, 2010, 07:54:23 pm »

I've been working off the Mayday versions of 4016 and 40d18 for a while, and I've noticed something odd that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere. If I create or modify a .png, the tile background will display as plain magenta, no transparency at all. If I save it as a 24 Bit .bmp, then it works fine.

It strikes me as odd, since simply resaving a .png will break the transparency. It's not impacting the game badly, unless the larger image sizes is slowing it slightly, but I'm curious as to the causes and/or cure.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

kaolbrec

• Bay Watcher
  • Cavern? What Cavern?
    • View Profile
    • inarayi
« Reply #590 on: September 18, 2010, 12:00:20 pm »

I uploaded a quick bash together of the Mayday tileset and 0.31.13, since it's been three days now with nothing from Mike. Everyone who can do it themselves, good on you. Everyone else.. Here you are:

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3131
[Dwarf Fortress with Mayday Tileset]
Mike Mayday is a little slow at releasing new versions with his tileset - he poured enough awesome into the tileset in the first place though, so I can't hold it against him. In the meantime, I'll try to update it to each new version. Check the above link for new releases, and leave complaints in the Mayday thread, or on the dffd files themselves.
My ICQ is spam-bait. I name them all

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #591 on: September 18, 2010, 11:35:57 pm »

Yeah it really isn't hard, but good on you. We have some people who refuse to try.

I've taken to using ironhand's set lately, but still use this one on my laptop as its easier to see on the smaller screen. (Though still without the dreadful highlights)

Dibuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: September 24, 2010, 08:22:39 am »

New version taim?
And as it looks like Mayday is no longer working on this awesome set, one would hope he give someone else a turn at it, no?

Shiv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: September 24, 2010, 03:08:51 pm »

All you have to do is copy over your init folder, your art folder, and your graphics folder.
I still don't think I'm crazy enough to play this game properly.

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: September 24, 2010, 04:52:10 pm »

Don't a few raws (tile-assignments) need to be changed in the raws as well? You can do this easily with the raw tile merger though.
OG founder of the Lazy Newb Pack

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #595 on: September 25, 2010, 08:40:02 am »

I'll update this today, promise. I was just waiting for the even-numbered-bugfix release.
<3

Leesin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: September 25, 2010, 12:24:43 pm »

I'll update this today, promise. I was just waiting for the even-numbered-bugfix release.

*Jizzes in pants*

Fantastic, been wanting to play DF again but I like to play with this set ( can't play ASCII, never did ) and of course the latest version, guess I'll be playing again tommorow  :D

kaolbrec

• Bay Watcher
  • Cavern? What Cavern?
    • View Profile
    • inarayi
« Reply #597 on: September 25, 2010, 04:50:19 pm »

Imagine my surprise when I checked my email and found that someone had posted in this topic, and that it turned out DF had been updated! My RSS feed never informed me, useless thing. I'm just going to leave a link in my signature from now on.
[Dwarf Fortress with Mayday Tileset]
Mike Mayday is a little slow at releasing new versions with his tileset - he poured enough awesome into the tileset in the first place though, so I can't hold it against him. In the meantime, I'll try to update it to each new version. Check the above link for new releases, and leave complaints in the Mayday thread, or on the dffd files themselves.
My ICQ is spam-bait. I name them all

LegitMacgyver

• Bay Watcher
  • Macgyver cancels make bomb, can't find paper clip
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: September 26, 2010, 03:16:10 pm »

Yo yo yo, where be the update! (asks LegitMacgyver out out selfishness and a lazy nature.)

Darquan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: September 27, 2010, 09:00:37 am »

I'll update this today, promise.
...said he 48+ hours ago...
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 09:05:29 am by Darquan »
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 78