Poll

Do ya, punk?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 78

Author Topic: [0.34.10] Mayday's Graphics Set - Even in death I still serve  (Read 371992 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was able to switch the graphics over, but for some reason a few tiles show up as blank squares in worldgen.

Genemos

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Gene: if you're getting squashy graphics, try entering your resolution in graphics_windowed and graphics_fullscreen

also UPDATE.
Horribly weird, but after trying everything and restarting DF about 20 times, I took a break and got back 4 hours later, fired it up. And it worked perfectly. Didn't change anything either since the previous time I started it. Works now none the less.

Also, thanks for this pack/tileset, I don't think I could play without it.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The cedar tile seems to be missing for some reason, and it looks like some of the tree tiles weren't changed over, but its not a big deal and I can wait for you to release a fully fixed version.

I'm, trying to gen a goblin-less world, although having one isolated on an island or whatever works for me.

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
  • Lege lege lege relege labora et invenies
    • View Profile

Okay, so, I'm using .08 on a MAc, which means I have to put in the Mayday pack manually. Okay, so, I replace the graphics folder in raw, and the art folder in data with the respective ones from MAyday. I open the init.txt, and replace curses... whatever with the mayday-sans-highlight wheresoever it occurs. Everything is fine, except the character graphics are all wrong. a Dragon is a simple D, a dwarf is a small faced round head. What have I overlooked?
Nice one, not sure when I'll be feeling like killing a baby but these things are good to know.
This is why we can't have nice things... someone will just wind up filling it with corpses.
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now it's complete because it's ended here."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Okay, so, I'm using .08 on a MAc, which means I have to put in the Mayday pack manually. Okay, so, I replace the graphics folder in raw, and the art folder in data with the respective ones from MAyday. I open the init.txt, and replace curses... whatever with the mayday-sans-highlight wheresoever it occurs. Everything is fine, except the character graphics are all wrong. a Dragon is a simple D, a dwarf is a small faced round head. What have I overlooked?
Did you do Graphics:Yes or whatever in init?

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
  • Lege lege lege relege labora et invenies
    • View Profile

BOY, is my face RED  :o

Yeah, Graphics was set to NO. Stupid moi.
Nice one, not sure when I'll be feeling like killing a baby but these things are good to know.
This is why we can't have nice things... someone will just wind up filling it with corpses.
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now it's complete because it's ended here."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

BOY, is my face RED  :o

Yeah, Graphics was set to NO. Stupid moi.
Glad I could help.  :D

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mike, there is no .07. It's a lie.  ;)
Also bear in mind that dwarves have their heads at a perfect height for a good face-kicking.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart

.07 = cake ?
<3

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

.07 = cake ?
Yes. NOW ASSUME THE PARTY POSITION.

Heavenfall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I grabbed the dwarf fortress.exe and the \data\index from .08 and put it in 07 and that seems to be it (if anyone wanted a .08 mayday  8))
Upon him I will visit famine and a fire, until all around him desolation rings
and all the demons in the outer dark look on amazed and recognize
that vengeance is the business of a dwarf

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart

Yup, that does it.
<3

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just followed the DIY. Haven't tried to play yet, but the menu looks right, so w/e. lol
Also bear in mind that dwarves have their heads at a perfect height for a good face-kicking.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.

Haekel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.06] DFG32 - questions and problems thread
« Reply #358 on: June 20, 2010, 11:13:17 am »

I just wanna point out that the raw entry for Gypsum is screwed up - its tile is set to an empty square (23 instead of 35) and its background colour is messed up too (black instead of light gray).

Braden, thanks for pointing out the gypsum bug. I'll try to make a better tile for the ores too.

Gypsum bug is still there. Black on black. 23 instead of 35.

Also, Milkfish shows as Ham. Tigerfish too. Stingray looks like a lever.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 12:16:09 pm by Haekel »

MorphingJar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Didn't see this mentioned so I'll throw it in there.  Wooden doors and wooden grates show up as black squares with a bit of brown around the edges.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 78