Poll

Do ya, punk?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 78

Author Topic: [0.34.10] Mayday's Graphics Set - Even in death I still serve  (Read 372032 times)

KublaiKhan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: DFG30 - DF2010 update - questions and problems
« Reply #315 on: June 16, 2010, 07:39:10 am »

I've skimmed this entire thread for possible solutions to my problem, but I am dead tired and may've missed something. And I'm an utter newbie to DF, so that's made my troubleshooting even more difficult.

Anyway, simple question: when I launch the game, the actual "graphics" appear in the top-left corner of the application, while the rest of the window is just black space. I fiddled with the init settings as suggested in an earlier post:
To be more precise, open /data/init/init.txt and change
Code: [Select]
[GRAPHICS_WINDOWEDX:1280]
[GRAPHICS_WINDOWEDY:800]
to fit your resolution (appropriate X and Y)

Then make sure that your:
Code: [Select]
[GRID:80:50]
Is your "X/16:Y:16" where X and Y is your set resolution for the windowed mode (NOT the screen resolution but the one set above).
to no avail. The best I could accomplish is to make the application launch in a window that properly fits my screen resolution, but the graphics themselves continue to be isolated to the top-left corner, rather than expanding to fit the window, as I presume they're supposed to do. I wonder if the problem is that my init file lacks the [GRID:x:y] field - I tried adding it manually, but it had no effect. Any suggestions?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #316 on: June 16, 2010, 08:00:46 am »

The best I could accomplish is to make the application launch in a window that properly fits my screen resolution, but the graphics themselves continue to be isolated to the top-left corner, rather than expanding to fit the window, as I presume they're supposed to do. I wonder if the problem is that my init file lacks the [GRID:x:y] field - I tried adding it manually, but it had no effect. Any suggestions?

I have to ask, did you actually start a game up or did you just get to the menu and see it in the upper left corner and quit out?

The menu is set at a specific size, while the game itself should fill the whole window.

Also... are you using the legacy version? If you're using the non-legacy version from here, you should just be able to maximize the window as normal.

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart

The grid tag is no longer used. And yeah, was it just the menu?
<3

KublaiKhan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 16, 2010, 08:11:10 am »

I have to ask, did you actually start a game up or did you just get to the menu and see it in the upper left corner and quit out?

The menu is set at a specific size, while the game itself should fill the whole window.

Also... are you using the legacy version? If you're using the non-legacy version from here, you should just be able to maximize the window as normal.
The grid tag is no longer used. And yeah, was it just the menu?
I saw that the menu was undersized and, figuring I'd screwed up, came here to the forums to beg for help. After reading your posts, I actually went through the world creation process and got to the point where I'm choosing a location to which to embark. (I think that's what I'm doing, at least. Like I said, I'm totally green and am learning this as I go.) At the point where I see the three maps - local, regional, and world, I believe - the maps themselves are still isolated to the top corner, but a border rims the entire screen, so I figure that's a good indication that the game proper will likewise fill the whole screen.

So, assuming that my imagined problem is now resolved, thanks for the prompt replies. And forgive my stupidity.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #319 on: June 16, 2010, 08:18:42 am »

I saw that the menu was undersized and, figuring I'd screwed up, came here to the forums to beg for help. After reading your posts, I actually went through the world creation process and got to the point where I'm choosing a location to which to embark. (I think that's what I'm doing, at least. Like I said, I'm totally green and am learning this as I go.) At the point where I see the three maps - local, regional, and world, I believe - the maps themselves are still isolated to the top corner, but a border rims the entire screen, so I figure that's a good indication that the game proper will likewise fill the whole screen.

So, assuming that my imagined problem is now resolved, thanks for the prompt replies. And forgive my stupidity.
Hey no worries. We were all there once right?

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart

What? No. I was born with l33t  DF sk1llz. Even the doctor was suprised.
<3

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

What? No. I was born with l33t  DF sk1llz. Even the doctor was suprised.
Okay, most of us were noobz once. Mike still is.

Lokomotivet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I need some help here with editing your tileset.
This is one of your older ones: http://i46.tinypic.com/e65e2t.png
I really like the walls from the older tileset then the new ones and I'm trying hard to make them work with your current tileset, simply copy pasting them over and recolor the background doesn't work. It messes up the colors in-game. Anyone willing to do it for me instead?

How do I also turn off the background colors? I like the old style where everything had a black background.

Please help.

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart

As for background colours: READ THE FAQ!!! (three exclamation marks, a sure sign of a warped brain).

As for editing: remember to leave a transparent background. That's it.
<3

Lokomotivet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How do I know if its transparent or not? In other words, how do I make it transparent?

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart

Well, that depends on what software you're using to edit the graphics. Look for some tutorials, since it's fifferent in every program.
<3

Lokomotivet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I sound stupid but I can't find any. I use the good ol' paint for Vista.

XxionxX

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Thanks for the help Mike!

Lokomotivet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Custom "tweaked" tileset.
http://i48.tinypic.com/igi8ep.png

Equals
http://i49.tinypic.com/c7uow.jpg

Help please, already been to google and various tileset related articles without any results.

Edit:
Nevermind, got it working after a tons of trail and errors with color swapping..
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 11:18:37 am by Lokomotivet »

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart

Lokomotivet: paint won't do. You need something more advanced... I'm sure GIMP can do it- it's free so you can get it. But sorry, I have no idea how to use it so you'll need to use your google-fu.
<3
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 78