Poll

Do ya, punk?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 78

Author Topic: [0.34.10] Mayday's Graphics Set - Even in death I still serve  (Read 372077 times)

gtmattz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:BEARD]
    • View Profile
Re: DFG - questions and problems thread
« Reply #240 on: June 09, 2010, 02:25:17 pm »

Sign me up for the 'ugh highlighting' crowd.  I love the graphics pack, but the highlighting kills it for me for some reason that I can't quite put my finger on. :\  If Mike would bring back the un-highligted 'maydayMAX' tileset I would be overjoyed.

On that topic, I tried grabbing a copy of maydayMAX from DFG22 and used it in the latest release of DFG, but characters were all scrambled (trees looked like lizards etc).  I know I could probably go hit the raws and correct all this, but my free time to play DF is limited and I would really rather use this time playing instead of hacking away at raw files  ;D
Quote from: Hyndis
Just try it! Its not like you die IRL if Urist McMiner falls into magma.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #241 on: June 09, 2010, 02:25:34 pm »

I just tried it, grabbing the new .06 version and copying the art and graphics folders over and copying the init.txt file straight over as well. Works fine.

Aside from awful highlights.

Followed the instructions ... ended up .. with.. elves.

No worries, I'm getting counseling. Ill get better.
I... what? Elves? Like, your dwarves LOOKED like elves or they actually were elves? Was it a tile swap or was their race actually elf?

If they changed into actual elves, then you must have edited your raws or something. There's no way I know of that a tileset copy could change your civilization.

Sinned

• Bay Watcher
  • <Intentionally left blank>
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 09, 2010, 02:31:06 pm »

I just tried it, grabbing the new .06 version and copying the art and graphics folders over and copying the init.txt file straight over as well. Works fine.

I... what? Elves? Like, your dwarves LOOKED like elves or they actually were elves? Was it a tile swap or was their race actually elf?

If they changed into actual elves, then you must have edited your raws or something. There's no way I know of that a tileset copy could change your civilization.

Ended up with actual elves. They actually also looked like elves. I also didn't edit anything in the raws yet. Just downloaded the new version. Maybe I had the wrong or older DIY zip from DFG.
When you find yourself in the company of a dwarf and an ill-tempered Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon... just the dwarf.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #243 on: June 09, 2010, 02:35:29 pm »

Ended up with actual elves. They actually also looked like elves. I also didn't edit anything in the raws yet. Just downloaded the new version. Maybe I had the wrong or older DIY zip from DFG.
Did you replace the whole raw folder?

The only folders you should have to move are art and graphics, then copy the init.txt over as well.

This is the DFG version you should be copying from, and this is the Dwarf Fortress version you should be copying to.

Sinned

• Bay Watcher
  • <Intentionally left blank>
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 09, 2010, 02:37:19 pm »

Thanks, just got it work also. I figured I downloaded some wrong version of something. I had the legacy version of DF.

All fixed up now.
When you find yourself in the company of a dwarf and an ill-tempered Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon... just the dwarf.

Aravin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 09, 2010, 02:39:53 pm »

Aye i grabbed legacy one  :P Thank you. It works. I hope without crashes and bugs... anyway i will w8 for official one and replace it later to be sure.
You're welcome. Incidentally I have found an old version of the mayday set with the non-highlighted tiles if anyone wants them. They appear to work fine with the newer release as seen below. (Note the version)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hmm actually that bug didn't dissappear. Always after 5-10 minutes of playing i get an "unhandled win32 exception" crash debugger. Don't u know how to fix THAT?)) Even is i do nothing and just press space and then afk.

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 09, 2010, 02:42:36 pm »

The Elf thing happened to me on .04 I think, but when he updated that pack it went away.
Also bear in mind that dwarves have their heads at a perfect height for a good face-kicking.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.

Kalrirr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 09, 2010, 02:45:07 pm »

Sweet thanks Forsaken
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 02:48:27 pm by Kalrirr »
Death before dishonour

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #248 on: June 09, 2010, 02:47:54 pm »

In case anyone wants to get it working without the highlights, I have tested this and it seems to work. I saw no bugs or graphical defects in about 30 minutes of play. YMMV, as this is unofficial and I apologize in advance to mayday for my meddling, but really the highlights are bad.

Grab the image here: http://i.imgur.com/flteE.png

Save it to the data/art folder and call it maydayMAX.png

Then in your init.txt file change two lines: (bolded below)

Change from this...
[GRAPHICS:YES]
[GRAPHICS_WINDOWEDX:0]
[GRAPHICS_WINDOWEDY:0]
[GRAPHICS_FONT:mayday.png]
[GRAPHICS_FULLSCREENX:0]
[GRAPHICS_FULLSCREENY:0]
[GRAPHICS_FULLFONT:mayday.png]
[GRAPHICS_BLACK_SPACE:YES]

To this...
[GRAPHICS_FONT:maydayMAX.png]
[GRAPHICS_FULLFONT:maydayMAX.png]

Hmm actually that bug didn't dissappear. Always after 5-10 minutes of playing i get an "unhandled win32 exception" crash debugger. Don't u know how to fix THAT?)) Even is i do nothing and just press space and then afk.
Does a normal unmodified version of DF do this to you as well?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #249 on: June 09, 2010, 02:49:33 pm »

Incidentally, I don't think any of this will work on the legacy release. Don't get that one! :P

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
  • Lege lege lege relege labora et invenies
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 09, 2010, 03:03:25 pm »

Silly me, I did grab the legacy version.
Nice one, not sure when I'll be feeling like killing a baby but these things are good to know.
This is why we can't have nice things... someone will just wind up filling it with corpses.
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now it's complete because it's ended here."

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 09, 2010, 03:05:13 pm »

I'm failing at moving Mayday to .06...It keeps saying it needs index in that data file...

All I do is copy/paste RAW and DATA to the new .06 folder, into the save I have, and then I get that error. ?

Mike, hurry up and bundle the graphics with .06!
Also bear in mind that dwarves have their heads at a perfect height for a good face-kicking.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
  • Lege lege lege relege labora et invenies
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 09, 2010, 03:07:25 pm »

forsaken1111, THANK YOU SO MCUH! No highlights, and .06 is working! Mayday, for the future, those of us who don't like highlights will garland your with flowers and FPS if you include the no highlight in future versions.
Nice one, not sure when I'll be feeling like killing a baby but these things are good to know.
This is why we can't have nice things... someone will just wind up filling it with corpses.
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now it's complete because it's ended here."

Aravin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 09, 2010, 03:12:00 pm »

In case anyone wants to get it working without the highlights, I have tested this and it seems to work. I saw no bugs or graphical defects in about 30 minutes of play. YMMV, as this is unofficial and I apologize in advance to mayday for my meddling, but really the highlights are bad.

Grab the image here: http://i.imgur.com/flteE.png

Save it to the data/art folder and call it maydayMAX.png

Then in your init.txt file change two lines: (bolded below)

Change from this...
[GRAPHICS_FONT:mayday.png]
[GRAPHICS_FULLFONT:mayday.png]

To this...
[GRAPHICS_FONT:maydayMAX.png]
[GRAPHICS_FULLFONT:maydayMAX.png]

Does a normal unmodified version of DF do this to you as well?

Yes it does. Actually, i do belive that it concerns cursor and moving thing, I mean - when i move to fast or begin scrolling to far the game crashes. The new version seems a little bit buggy((( I am used to no-mouse gameplay. Dont need cursor.  :(

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #254 on: June 09, 2010, 03:14:06 pm »

I'm failing at moving Mayday to .06...It keeps saying it needs index in that data file...

All I do is copy/paste RAW and DATA to the new .06 folder, into the save I have, and then I get that error. ?

Mike, hurry up and bundle the graphics with .06!
*twitch*

Please at least TRY to follow the directions I gave. You do NOT copy the RAW and DATA folders. You copy ART and GRAPHICS over, as well as the init.txt file.

forsaken1111, THANK YOU SO MCUH! No highlights, and .06 is working!
Any time!

Yes it does. Actually, i do belive that it concerns cursor and moving thing, I mean - when i move to fast or begin scrolling to far the game crashes. The new version seems a little bit buggy((( I am used to no-mouse gameplay. Dont need cursor.  :(
Hm, I have no idea what to tell you for this one. Have you filed a bug report?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 78