Poll

Do ya, punk?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 78

Author Topic: [0.34.10] Mayday's Graphics Set - Even in death I still serve  (Read 372100 times)

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
  • Lege lege lege relege labora et invenies
    • View Profile
Re: DFG - questions and problems thread
« Reply #225 on: June 09, 2010, 01:17:50 pm »

Actually, he says how to change them on the Mayday website. What do i need to change in the init.txt to change the graphics?
Nice one, not sure when I'll be feeling like killing a baby but these things are good to know.
This is why we can't have nice things... someone will just wind up filling it with corpses.
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now it's complete because it's ended here."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #226 on: June 09, 2010, 01:22:48 pm »

Actually, he says how to change them on the Mayday website. What do i need to change in the init.txt to change the graphics?
In the data\init\init.txt file there is a section that reads

[GRAPHICS:NO]
[GRAPHICS_WINDOWEDX:0]
[GRAPHICS_WINDOWEDY:0]
[GRAPHICS_FONT:curses_square_16x16.png]
[GRAPHICS_FULLSCREENX:0]
[GRAPHICS_FULLSCREENY:0]
[GRAPHICS_FULLFONT:curses_square_16x16.png]
[GRAPHICS_BLACK_SPACE:YES]

change it to read

[GRAPHICS:YES]
[GRAPHICS_FONT:mayday.png]
[GRAPHICS_FULLFONT:mayday.png]

and it should work.

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 09, 2010, 01:23:37 pm »

Wait, never-mind. Mayday, we beg of you to include a non-highlighted font! I love your graphics so much, just not raised text! PLEASE< I FALL UPON YOUR GREAT MERCY
Nice one, not sure when I'll be feeling like killing a baby but these things are good to know.
This is why we can't have nice things... someone will just wind up filling it with corpses.
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now it's complete because it's ended here."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #228 on: June 09, 2010, 01:25:01 pm »

Yeah, his website says that because he used to include a non-highlights version.

He no longer does.

Thus I no longer use Mayday. I don't get why he stopped including it, but whatever.

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 09, 2010, 01:27:11 pm »

Currently, graphics are non-functional. I'll just wait for the official Mayday update.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #230 on: June 09, 2010, 01:30:16 pm »

Currently, graphics are non-functional. I'll just wait for the official Mayday update.
What does this even mean? Did it not work for you?

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 09, 2010, 01:33:07 pm »

Nope.

Seems to be set permanatly at the 1260xwhatever resolution, and I'm too lazy to bother right now.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #232 on: June 09, 2010, 01:33:57 pm »

Nope.

Seems to be set permanatly at the 1260xwhatever resolution, and I'm too lazy to bother right now.
Thats because the new version doesn't need a set resolution, you can resize the window.

I assume, of course, that you didn't get the legacy version...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #233 on: June 09, 2010, 01:41:06 pm »

I just tried it, grabbing the new .06 version and copying the art and graphics folders over and copying the init.txt file straight over as well. Works fine.

Aside from awful highlights.

Aravin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 09, 2010, 01:51:52 pm »

In the data\init\init.txt file there is a section that reads

[GRAPHICS:NO]
[GRAPHICS_FONT:curses_square_16x16.png]
[GRAPHICS_FULLFONT:curses_square_16x16.png]

change it to read

[GRAPHICS:YES]
[GRAPHICS_FONT:mayday.png]
[GRAPHICS_FULLFONT:mayday.png]

and it should work.

Did what u told. Replaced art and graphics folders, edited init file. Got a black screen and intro music. Just black screen and nothing more. Do you know how to fix it?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #235 on: June 09, 2010, 02:00:53 pm »

Did what u told. Replaced art and graphics folders, edited init file. Got a black screen and intro music. Just black screen and nothing more. Do you know how to fix it?

Did you grab the legacy version? You need this one.

If you copied the art/graphics folders from the current mayday release into the .06 release and change the init.txt like I said, or just copy the init.txt from the mayday version to the new version, it should work.

Aravin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 09, 2010, 02:17:07 pm »

Did you grab the legacy version? You need this one.

If you copied the art/graphics folders from the current mayday release into the .06 release and change the init.txt like I said, or just copy the init.txt from the mayday version to the new version, it should work.

Aye i grabbed legacy one  :P Thank you. It works. I hope without crashes and bugs... anyway i will w8 for official one and replace it later to be sure.

Kalrirr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 09, 2010, 02:20:31 pm »

Whoa Mayday, I love your tileset but my first reaction to the text highlight was " AAAH ". It's horrible, sorry :( Would it be possible to reinclude one without it? Please.
Death before dishonour

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #238 on: June 09, 2010, 02:22:16 pm »

Aye i grabbed legacy one  :P Thank you. It works. I hope without crashes and bugs... anyway i will w8 for official one and replace it later to be sure.
You're welcome. Incidentally I have found an old version of the mayday set with the non-highlighted tiles if anyone wants them. They appear to work fine with the newer release as seen below. (Note the version)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sinned

• Bay Watcher
  • <Intentionally left blank>
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 09, 2010, 02:22:43 pm »

I just tried it, grabbing the new .06 version and copying the art and graphics folders over and copying the init.txt file straight over as well. Works fine.

Aside from awful highlights.

Followed the instructions ... ended up .. with.. elves.

No worries, I'm getting counseling. Ill get better.
When you find yourself in the company of a dwarf and an ill-tempered Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon... just the dwarf.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 78