Poll

Do ya, punk?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 78

Author Topic: [0.34.10] Mayday's Graphics Set - Even in death I still serve  (Read 372068 times)

XxionxX

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: DFG - questions and problems thread
« Reply #210 on: June 08, 2010, 02:55:39 pm »

Ok, Mike should I check back in a month of two? I know how much time these things can take, and I am very patient.  I will just learn the ascii until then.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #211 on: June 08, 2010, 04:41:05 pm »

Humble question:
Mayday pack ceased to be only about graphics tileset. I would like two sets, one only with graphics and stock raws (to play in vanilia DF, to have no problem in community forts etc) and second with Mayday's favorite mods/keyboard changes/etc. Is this possible to have such two sets to choose and download?

I'm in only for splee... er, tileset. :>

Yup, simply copy raw/graphics to the appropriate place.
Xion, I need to remake the instructions according to the newest version I think.

Djohaal: not sure, can you check what shrub it is?

Query shows just as "muddy shrub" and none of my dorfs managed to sucessfully harvest one, but we can rule it out to one of the underground crops . I'm sure it is not the plump helmet shrub, nor the dimple cup or the sweet pod (those sprites show up fine)

EDIT: Quarry bushes are the culprits. I found it out through an engraving that showed up as empty :D
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 05:37:26 pm by Djohaal »
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #212 on: June 08, 2010, 06:45:40 pm »

Ok, Mike should I check back in a month of two? I know how much time these things can take, and I am very patient.  I will just learn the ascii until then.

Haha, not that long, no. Can you tell me what exactly is happening? Is the screen black?

Djo- I'll try to find some and see what's wrong.
<3

derekiv

• Bay Watcher
  • The smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 08, 2010, 07:47:03 pm »

The link appears to be broken...

Natti

• Bay Watcher
  • Gremlin lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 09, 2010, 02:19:06 am »

Yeah, I think that the server Mike uses is down.
+Amazigh (~Amazigh@poop.poop) Quit (Quit: Life is your butter, I shall be the margarine, beware heart disease.)

Sabin Stargem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 09, 2010, 09:01:31 am »

V31 of Mayday's pack for 31.05 is out at his site - but Toady just released 31.06.   :P

Aravin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 09, 2010, 09:43:02 am »

Somehow i get occasionally a crash report from debugger :/ I can't understand what does cause it.

After playing for 5 minutes it crashes :( Though yesterday it worked perfectly. What can cause sush problem?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 12:17:22 pm by Aravin »

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
  • Lege lege lege relege labora et invenies
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 09, 2010, 12:43:19 pm »

Naturally, the moment I finally switch of ver to .05, the new version is out! Oy....
Nice one, not sure when I'll be feeling like killing a baby but these things are good to know.
This is why we can't have nice things... someone will just wind up filling it with corpses.
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now it's complete because it's ended here."

Aravin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 09, 2010, 12:46:56 pm »

Naturally, the moment I finally switch of ver to .05, the new version is out! Oy....
Maybe i just w8 for 06 version.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #219 on: June 09, 2010, 12:56:23 pm »

Guys, its not that hard to copy the graphics over to the new versions as they come out.

Aravin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 09, 2010, 01:05:34 pm »

Guys, its not that hard to copy the graphics over to the new versions as they come out.
What do you mean? We can update DFG manually? How?

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 09, 2010, 01:09:48 pm »

I know it was said it was a design choice, but it there anyway I can remove the background colour from the text?
Nice one, not sure when I'll be feeling like killing a baby but these things are good to know.
This is why we can't have nice things... someone will just wind up filling it with corpses.
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now it's complete because it's ended here."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #222 on: June 09, 2010, 01:12:39 pm »

What do you mean? We can update DFG manually? How?
You just apply it like any other tileset. Copy the graphics and art folders over from the old version and edit the init.txt

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 09, 2010, 01:14:16 pm »

Edit the init.txt to read?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #224 on: June 09, 2010, 01:16:12 pm »

I know it was said it was a design choice, but it there anyway I can remove the background colour from the text?
It appears that he is no longer including the version without the highlights, so you are stuck with them. He used to include a version without them.

The highlights really are terrible. I'll have to find a new tileset.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 78