Poll

Do ya, punk?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 78

Author Topic: [0.34.10] Mayday's Graphics Set - Even in death I still serve  (Read 372079 times)

Jaxicat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFG - questions and problems thread
« Reply #195 on: June 06, 2010, 05:07:47 pm »

I still am having strange graphics too.  I'm getting ore that looks like pine trees, etc.  I wonder if the link above is for the fixed version? 

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #196 on: June 06, 2010, 05:09:51 pm »

I re-downloaded from the link provided here

http://mayday.w.staszic.waw.pl/~mayday/upload/DFG31.zip
The file will be up in a few minutes.
Let me know if there are problems. Remember to read the instructions on the webpage!!

And I got no weirdness apart from the * replacing the gem graphics (in the art folder table too), maybe that's a design decision?

And what happened to the 21x21 version?  :D
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Haekel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 06, 2010, 05:11:26 pm »

Mike, thatīd be Limonite.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #198 on: June 06, 2010, 05:14:40 pm »

Hmmm, yeah. I was working on 21 and that's why the "sun" icon (that looks like a cog) replaced the gem icon. This will probably change soon, but for now let's leave it like it.
21x21 is coming... I'm working on some graphics right now. If you're feeling adventurous I can release the files I have though.
http://mayday.w.staszic.waw.pl/~mayday/upload/21pxDFG.zip
Have a look. If you have any comments- shoot.

Haekel- looks like you haven't updated your raws. You can find instructions on the main DFG page (NOTE 0).
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 05:17:26 pm by Mike Mayday »
<3

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #199 on: June 06, 2010, 05:18:48 pm »

Yes please, do release!  :o

I prefer the original icon, I think suns only show up in the symbol database no? I think those can be adjusted in the raws to use a more fitting tile.
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Haekel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 06, 2010, 05:22:03 pm »

As I said, I just copied my saves (from above mentioned version) to your DL. Didn't know the raw's were copied over in the savegames, too.
Rolled a new game with your DL alone, works fine. Even Gems are Gems again. Thanks!

Jaxicat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 06, 2010, 05:25:11 pm »

I think I hit the link too soon after the fixed announcement.  I downloaded the link above again and it looks much less weird.  :)

ZaDoktor

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarves and Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 06, 2010, 10:06:28 pm »

Thanks for continuing to support this great set. :D

Just one question though, when I start it shows all the ground tiles as being sort of filled in. Makes it look pretty bright, but it's definitely different form the 40d setup. It also has the text on the main menu and other menu's having a sort of background. Is it normal for me to be seeing this? I thought that transparencies were supported now. Sorry if I sound a bit dumb, I'm pretty new here.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 11:42:42 pm by ZaDoktor »

Need_More_War!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 06, 2010, 10:13:21 pm »

How do I get your graphics to work with 31.05? Sorry if this is off topic but I can't play without your graphics =P

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #204 on: June 07, 2010, 04:01:47 pm »

ZaDoktor: yes, that is a design decision, a feature I tested some time ago which received as many fans as opponents. But I personally like it so it's here to stay.

War: it already IS 31.05 . Check the link on the previous site.
<3

MaDeR Levap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 07, 2010, 04:14:53 pm »

Humble question:
Mayday pack ceased to be only about graphics tileset. I would like two sets, one only with graphics and stock raws (to play in vanilia DF, to have no problem in community forts etc) and second with Mayday's favorite mods/keyboard changes/etc. Is this possible to have such two sets to choose and download?

I'm in only for splee... er, tileset. :>

XxionxX

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 07, 2010, 06:12:49 pm »

I am trying to install the tileset on my df_28_181_40d16_linux.tar.bz2 version, and I can't get it to work. I followed the instructions in the DIY file but I can't get the tileset to work. I have tried running the DFG30 windows version under WINE and it is completely unplayable because of the lag. It took me 6hrs to generate a world and when I tried searching for a site to start playing I just couldn't take it anymore. It is the same on my windows machine. The Linux version works great, but I would really like to have these graphics. Am I missing something obvious?

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #207 on: June 07, 2010, 06:29:08 pm »

Hmm... I seem to get black tiles on a certain kind of "muddy shrub" in the underdepths. Not sure if it is a DFG fault or just the latest DF hiccuping.

Also, tadpoles.

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 08, 2010, 02:17:32 am »

Just a little heads up: In the init file, you have SOUND:YES when I think it's supposed to be SOUND:ON. Either way, I get no sound for some reason.
Also bear in mind that dwarves have their heads at a perfect height for a good face-kicking.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #209 on: June 08, 2010, 03:48:48 am »

Humble question:
Mayday pack ceased to be only about graphics tileset. I would like two sets, one only with graphics and stock raws (to play in vanilia DF, to have no problem in community forts etc) and second with Mayday's favorite mods/keyboard changes/etc. Is this possible to have such two sets to choose and download?

I'm in only for splee... er, tileset. :>

Yup, simply copy raw/graphics to the appropriate place.
Xion, I need to remake the instructions according to the newest version I think.

Djohaal: not sure, can you check what shrub it is?
<3
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 78