Poll

Do ya, punk?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 78

Author Topic: [0.34.10] Mayday's Graphics Set - Even in death I still serve  (Read 372076 times)

ArPharazon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFG28 - DF2010 update - questions and problems
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2010, 12:26:09 am »

I am having a problem with DFG27: It seems the game considers rock a metal. When I set a stockpile to only allow rock and no metals, they wouldn't put stone furniture in there. When I allowed metals but not rock, they store rock furniture.

Maybe this has something to do with Mayday's previously included stone melting reaction mod thing?

Edit: Gems are also "metal", and the same problem occurs in block as well.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 12:33:15 am by ArPharazon »

Thundrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFG29 - DF2010 update - questions and problems
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2010, 05:10:17 am »

Whoa, it's hailing updates! There is one every time I log on! Thanks!

Easily recognizable Dwarves and calm ground features makes this one a pleasure to rest the eyes upon.

---

random51

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFG28 - DF2010 update - questions and problems
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2010, 07:28:27 am »

I am having a problem with DFG27: It seems the game considers rock a metal. When I set a stockpile to only allow rock and no metals, they wouldn't put stone furniture in there. When I allowed metals but not rock, they store rock furniture.

Maybe this has something to do with Mayday's previously included stone melting reaction mod thing?

Edit: Gems are also "metal", and the same problem occurs in block as well.

This is a DF bug, not a problem with mayday. Bug tracker is your friend. :)

ArPharazon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2010, 10:11:28 am »

So, I was wondering, what's the attitude regarding tileset mashups here? I have my own tileset which is cobbled together from bits of Mayday, RantingRodent, whatever else I could find on the wiki as well as the Dwarfletter letters. There's maybe 3 tiles I've "made myself", I suppose. I am most proud of my door which is neatly colored and sorta visible even if made from granite.

Should I post it here if you guys are interested, or..?

This is a DF bug, not a problem with mayday. Bug tracker is your friend. :)

Ah, I was going to report it after confirming here, but I should've checked first. My bad.

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2010, 11:20:24 am »

ArPharazon, you mean the main tileset? Such mashups are regularly added to the wiki (and for good reason, this helps people find the most suitable ones). Just remember to put them under "requires modified raws" category.

Also, update! (sorry...)
<3

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFG30 - DF2010 update - questions and problems
« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2010, 11:28:55 am »

What are the bugfixes? I've already generated a world that I want to play.

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2010, 11:50:08 am »

Just graphics. You can safely replace the whole raws folder or just the raws/graphics and play. As a matter of fact, you NEVER need to gen a new world when updating DFG (unless you heavily modded the object raws, of course).

EDIT: More specifically- turned out I forgot to actually include the buzzard and vulture, so that's fixed. I also changed many fishies from the meat icon to the fish icon and I added shark graphics. That's about it.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 01:48:31 pm by Mike Mayday »
<3

ArPharazon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 15, 2010, 11:53:25 am »

ArPharazon, you mean the main tileset?

Yeah, that's what I meant. Anyway, here's a the png I used with d## and the bmp I quickly threw together for 0.31: http://img71.imageshack.us/g/finalsolution.png/

IronValley

• Bay Watcher
  • Purple Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 15, 2010, 02:04:47 pm »

Currently trying to add tiles to the medical dwarves, and something is going wrong, because all I get is blackspaces...

Currently using these ones (as  .bmp I might add).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
is my current dwarf part of graphics_mayday.txt files.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Mungrul

• Bay Watcher
  • Shambolic
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2010, 02:55:56 pm »

Graphics problems here too; did what it said on your site Mike, about copying the raw folder and pasting it into the region folders. I take it you meant the 31.03 raw folder should replace the old 31.02 one in the region folders? The site's a little unclear, saying to replace df_31_** with df_31_**.
I've ended up with some weird allocations:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Starting a new game results in the right graphics, so there must be something I got wrong in the raw transfer, although I'm baffled as to how a simple copy & paste could have gone wrong.
Interestingly, it won't let me change the graphics set for these old saves either. I tried switching to Beefmo's dwarves, but ended up with the same result, even after changing the graphics_mayday.txt in both the base raw folder and the region raw folder.

Comparing the graphics_mayday.txt files from both a new game's raw folder and an old game's reveals no differences.

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #70 on: April 15, 2010, 03:14:05 pm »

Looks like your gfx index file doesn't match the image file. Dwarves have just been rearranged (and so Beefmo is completely unsupported as of now) so that's probably the reason:
See your dorfs.bmp and the dwarf part of the graphics index file - both should have doctors at the end. If that's not the case then you haven't properly updated your save and need to copy the raw folder from the latest DFG download to your data/save/region* folder.

Or there is a bug I'm unaware of.
<3

Cubittus

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL][FLASHES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 15, 2010, 03:22:26 pm »

Mike: not sure if you noticed, but you are including your 2.6MB errorlog.txt and 1.6MB gamelog.txt files in your DFG packs.

Might save you a bit of bandwidth if you left them out?

kudakeru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 15, 2010, 03:26:08 pm »

Everything looks great, except I seem to be having an issue with doors.

ArPharazon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 15, 2010, 03:36:41 pm »

Everything looks great, except I seem to be having an issue with doors.

That is because the way colors are assigned for doors. With granite (or similar grey stone), it is apparently grey background and black foreground, which essentially means all magenta pixels become grey and everything else becomes black.

Try copying over the door from the tileset I posted. It still looks kinda lame but at least it looks like a door and not a black square.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 04:22:09 pm by ArPharazon »

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2010, 04:21:11 pm »

Mike: not sure if you noticed, but you are including your 2.6MB errorlog.txt and 1.6MB gamelog.txt files in your DFG packs.

Might save you a bit of bandwidth if you left them out?

Derp derp derp.

Thanks for pointing it out. I thought they had some failsafe mechanism of trimming themselves.
<3
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 78