Poll

Do ya, punk?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 78

Author Topic: [0.34.10] Mayday's Graphics Set - Even in death I still serve  (Read 371729 times)

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
Re: [0.34.1] Mayday's DFG - quick version, more after bugfixes!
« Reply #960 on: February 19, 2012, 03:43:33 pm »

Hmmm, this new one was made by Sphr, I thought they match the other sprites much better (noticed how they were the only one facing the viewer?).
<3

dyllionaire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: February 20, 2012, 12:18:48 am »

Great job on all your previous work, and hope the new update for 0.34.2 comes out soon!
Thanks so much for your work Mayday.

Ihmhi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: February 20, 2012, 01:45:52 am »

I've been refreshing the Mayday website every day this weekend in the hopes that the bugfix would be set. I'd just use the current one if it weren't for the compatability/corruption issues between _1 saves and _2 saves. D=

Please put out the 34_2 tileset soon! Thanks, really love it and show it to all my friends who want to play the game. =D

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #963 on: February 20, 2012, 04:46:24 am »

It's up, but it's still a quick version with unmodded trees. I need to look around and decide how big a portion of the tileset to devote for plants and vermin.
<3

Ihmhi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.02] Mayday's DFG - quick version, more after bugfixes!
« Reply #964 on: February 20, 2012, 10:31:31 am »

Woo! You are awesome! \o/

SpoonOfDoom

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: February 21, 2012, 07:28:08 am »

I just wanted to take a second (in fact I have registered after a good year of lurking just to say this) and thank you. Your tileset is what finally got me into Dwarf Fortress. I just couldn't deal with the ASCII graphics on my tries before that and gave up every single time I tried the game. Just like Ihmhi said: you're awesome!  :)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: February 21, 2012, 08:05:29 am »

Looks like i had hundred of error messages generated in the error.log in area with undead monsters :
Code: [Select]
*** Error(s) found in the file "raw/graphics/graphics_mayday.txt"
Unrecognized Creature Texture Token: ZOMBIE
Unrecognized Creature Texture Token: SKELETON
etc...

Apparently the problem comes from all these entries in the graphics_mayday.txt because of how the zombie/skeleton system have changed in 0.34.x, there's no more ZOMBIE and SKELETON tag like there was in 0.31.x

Code: [Select]
.....:AS_IS:ZOMBIE]
:....:AS_IS:SKELETON]

I checked on Phoebus thread as i use both tilesets, and apparently it's indeed the problem, as he commented out all those entries out to fix the error message spam.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 08:24:12 am by Robsoie »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: February 21, 2012, 09:49:12 am »

If anyone is interested , here's a modified graphics_mayday.txt from which i deleted any references that had the zombie or skeleton tag (as they are not working anymore due to how the undead system changed visually in 0.34.x)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ark29d

Back up your original graphics_mayday.txt in raw\graphics\ before replacing it , in case there's an unseen error in the modified version of it, i tested quickly and there's no error log generated anymore, but i didn't tested more than 10 minutes.

(and remember that a saved game copy the content of the RAW folder, so be sure to replace the graphics_mayday.txt that is in the data\save\whateverregion\raw\graphics\ too
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 09:51:09 am by Robsoie »

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #968 on: February 21, 2012, 09:59:52 am »

Imhi, Spoon: you're welcome, dudes :)
Rob: I've been meaning to check- is there a new tag for the undead now?
<3

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: February 21, 2012, 10:29:37 am »

I don't know much, but looking at the graphics_example.txt , now there are some other tags :
For the general texture options options, the format is
"texture type:creature token:x location on tile page:y location on tile page:whether to color it (ADD_COLOR or AS_IS)"
Type of textures:
ADVENTURER
GUARD
ROYALGUARD
ANIMATED
GHOST

Considering the undead are now using the living creature tile and alternate it regularly with the ñ or Ñ , could it be what the "ANIMATED" is about (as it's a token new to 0.34.x) ?

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: February 21, 2012, 10:53:41 am »

No it does not seem to be that, after replacing every zombies/skeleton token by the animated one, the ñ or Ñ (or whatever is on the tileset at the location of those characters, i replaced both by a skull on my modified version) is always alternating with the creature graphic.

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #971 on: February 21, 2012, 11:01:31 am »

It looks like Toady meant for those tags to work after all. I'll probably report it.
edit: wait, never mind, I thought the tags themselves don't work.
For now I've replaced zombie with animated and skeleton with ghost.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 03:28:13 pm by Mike Mayday »
<3

Xonir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: February 23, 2012, 11:08:24 am »

First off, thanks for all the work and the amazing tileset!  :)

I came back to DF after the update and started a fortress game with the first update of your DFG pack. Since that fortress came to a screaming halt due to a bug I can't seem to avoid (game always crashes after certain time after my last save), I figured I'd transfer my save to the second DFG update and hope it fixes this. Never know.

I followed the instructions as on your website

-copy 'save' folder into new 'DFG/data' folder
-delete 'raw' folder in 'DFG/save/region1'
-replaced it with a copy of the 'raw' in the new DFG main folder

But the game won't recognize the save. When I start up the game, it doesn't give me the option to continue, just to create a new world. Tried this a few times and it won't recognize my old save. Am I doing something wrong? Sorry if this is a silly question.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: February 23, 2012, 01:37:32 pm »

Toady mentionned that saved games from 0.34.01 will have a corruption with time if used in 0.34.02 , that crash you experience may be linked to that.
Using the latest version of Mayday pack (based on 0.34.02), you should generate a new world and if you want to keep playing with your existing fortress, use the previous Mayday version (based on 0.34.01) until you're finished with that fort.

Additionally, in several threads now, some people have mentionned crashes , and when turning off truetype , they didn't crash anymore

So try this, in the data\init\ folder of DF, open the init.txt and change
[TRUETYPE:24]
into
[TRUETYPE:NO]

Xonir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: February 24, 2012, 07:41:41 am »

Thanks for the feedback. Turning off truetype didn't seem to help, alas. :( I guess that fort will go to the scrapbin then. Too bad, since it was prepared to receive the (goblin glassmaker) queen of my Dwarven civilization and everything. I'll probably come back to DF in a few months when more of the bugs are ironed out. :)
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 78